This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

soontobedental

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does having a 3.8+ change my standing as an applicant? Is it worth adding a class to go from 3.79 to a 3.8 before applying?
 
Your GPA is already great. I wouldn't take an entire course for .01. I'd spend those hours trying to better myself in other ways via observing, volunteering, learning a new skill, or simply enjoying yourself before dental school!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean 3.81 looks better than 3.79. Whether that's worth the effort of an entire class is questionable. If you're dying for something to do go for it.