GPA good enough for DO school? Or SMP needed??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D0cHopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all (I'm a newbie to SDN),

I'm applying this application cycle to DO schools, however, I have also been accepted into MWU's MA Biomed Sciences SMP for this year. I have a 3.5 cGPA and 3.35 sGPA. However, my MCAT is only at a 22Q (I'm retaking this in 2 weeks). Is it necessary for me to take the SMP, or focus hard on my MCAT and hope to get a 28+ so that I have a good chance at getting into DO school and apply?

Any help would be great! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all (I'm a newbie to SDN),

I'm applying this application cycle to DO schools, however, I have also been accepted into MWU's MA Biomed Sciences SMP for this year. I have a 3.5 cGPA and 3.35 sGPA. However, my MCAT is only at a 22Q (I'm retaking this in 2 weeks). Is it necessary for me to take the SMP, or focus hard on my MCAT and hope to get a 28+ so that I have a good chance at getting into DO school and apply?

Any help would be great! :)
GPAs are good for DO... You will need 26+ mcat. I echo what the previous poster said...Forget about that SMP and focus on the mcat.