gpa question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yankdez

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im a second yr undergrad so i kno nothing about the app process. if i turn in my app right before my senior undergrad yr, is there any way the interviewers will see my gpa calculated with my senior yr classes (whether gpa goes up or down)?

Members don't see this ad.

im a second yr undergrad so i kno nothing about the app process. if i turn in my app right before my senior undergrad yr, is there any way the interviewers will see my gpa calculated with my senior yr classes (whether gpa goes up or down)?

Not on AMCAS, but they will see it at some point.

ADeadLois is right. Medical schools won't give you a firm acceptance until they see all of your final grades. This usually means you have to send them an additional transcript from your school showing final grades, conferral of bachelor's degree, etc.

Do you have medical school pre-reqs somewhere in those Spring grades? If so, you'll want to be proactive in getting schools that transcript - ask them if they'd like it sent by the school at the same time you submit your secondary.

Without sending your spring grades, the best you'll get from any school is a conditional acceptance that is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the current semester (and your degree, for the vast majority of schools).

Best,
-z

Members don't see this ad :)
so my senior yr unergrad grades arent used as a screening process? its just used as a contingent acceptance factor?

Depends on the school, boss. As I asked, do you have prereq science courses among the spring grades they won't see until later on?

-z

Don't forget, you may not get in, and then you'd have to apply again.

no prereq science classes. just upper divs for graduation