GPA Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptracks

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm just looking for some answers but if I had a a year with a sub 3.0 GPA second year with a 2.66, will that disqualify me in any way. I had a 3.38 GPA first year and with summer courses I'm at 3.1 overall with a BCP of 3.3. I know I still have 2 years ahead of me and I could bring it up, I am in a difficult program biomedical engineering but i still expect the overall to rise.

Members don't see this ad.

Doesn't matter if your program is "difficult" or not. Admissions committees will give no mercy to anyone simply because they "chose a harder major."
My advice is to just keep finishing school and don't get any more C's.

Reactions: 1 users
You need to fully commit during these last two years. Assess what you did wrong during your sub-3.0 semesters and take as many courses (alongside those for your major) to boost GPA as you can. Don't worry about impressing anyone with your curriculum at this point; rather, give it your all and keep track of your progress to see what you need to change or pursue. Also remember to work on shadowing, EC's, etc.