GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UPDATE: Rejection updates and Final Decision!

Undergrad:
Kansas State University
Major: Kinesiology & Leadership Studies minor
Cumulative GPA: 3.6
Pre-Req GPA: 3.16
Last 60 hours: 3.9ish
GRE: V:157, Q:155, W:4.0

Extra Curricular: Competed regionally and nationally on a motorsports team for 7 years (2007-13) - finished 2nd in NASCAR Division III National points in 2013. In 2014 and 2015 managed a national touring Sprint Car team (30-50 hours/week pretty much all year round). Started a graphic design business from the ground up (2014). KSU intramural sports. Campus ministry student leader. First Aid/CPR/AED certified.

Observation: 116 hours (outpatient clinic, surgical center, in-patient rehab @ hospital)

Applied: Duke, Florida International, Northwestern, Ohio State, University of Iowa, KU Medical Center, Miami, Nebraska Medical Center, and South Carolina.

Interviews: Miami (11/20), Nebraska Medical Center (12/18)

Accepted: Northwestern (11/17), University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha) (3/1)

Waitlisted: Miami (2/29)

Rejected: Iowa (12/30), KU Med (1/8), Ohio State (1/20), Duke (2/9), South Carolina (3/1). Have not heard from FIU, but I'm guessing they just haven't sent out rejection letters yet because I was not offered an interview.

I'll be attending UNMC in the fall! My heart was hoping for Miami but there's no guarantee I'd come off the wait list and it's about 2x the cost of UNMC. I'm currently accepted to Northwestern but will be giving up my seat in that program.
Congrats on UNMC! Welcome aboard!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
UPDATES!

University: University of Central Florida
Major: Health Science Pre-Clinical
Overall GPA: 3.89
Pre-Req GPA: 3.76
GRE: Verbal 148, Math 156, writing 4.0

Extra-Curric:
UCF women's club soccer team
UPTA (pre PT club)
Sorority
2 different honor societies

Volunteer:
Knight thon (ucf philanthropy for children miracle network)
MDA
First book (literacy)

Hours: A little over 150 hours within a variety of orthopedic, in-patient, neuro, and aqua...

Applied: UCF, UF, UM, USF, UNF, FGCU, FIU

Acceptances: FIU (2/1) declined, FGCU (2/12) declined, UNF (2/16), UCF (2/22)

UNF and UCF have been my top choices from the start so I am currently between the two... Any help be great! Both have 100% first time pass rates which is what I place a lot of weight on.

I haven't heard back from UF or UM, but I wasn't interested in UM after the interview and I honestly don't know much about UF.

Rejections: USF (email said I didn't meet requirements..)

Interviews: UCF (12/16)
UM (01/15)
FIU (01/30)
FGCU (02/06)
UNF (02/13)

Good luck to everyone! Any advice I would appreciate... Happy to be in this spot but I can't wait to officially know where I'll be going!:)

01.12.16EditReport
+ QuoteReply
UPDATES!

Which school have you decided on- UNF or UCF?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from VCU recently?

Reactions: 1 users
UPDATE: ACCEPTANCE!!!!

University:
Queens College
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.45
Pre-Req GPA: 3.15
Post-Bach GPA: 3.15
GRE: 150 V 150 Q 4.0 AW (3rd time taken)
Application Submitted: 11/23
Application Verified: 1/4

Observation: 2000+ Outpatient, still need inpatient hours

Applied:
Stony Brook, LIU Brooklyn, NYIT

Interviews
:
SBU (2/12/16), LIU Brooklyn (2/29/16)
Acceptances: LIU (3/4/16)
Rejections:
NYIT

I am SOOO happy to finally get accepted somewhere as this is my second year applying!! And I'm in shock still that I got accepted just 4 days after my interview! Just waiting on stony before I make my decision to attend!

Reactions: 1 users
University: UW-Whitewater (graduated Fall semester of 2014)
Major: Biology, Emphasis on Pre-Biomedical Professions
*no minor required, higher credit requirement for major due to emphasis
Overall GPA: 3.4
PTCAS prereq GPA: 3.25
GRE: 153V, 156Q, 4.0AW
Observation: 139 hours total across 4 years in geriatrics/inpatient, outpatient, with an observation under a therapist serving mostly individuals with some type of handicap or paralysis
Extra-Curr.: UW-Whitewater Club Lacrosse
Work: student ticket worker for athletic and performing arts events for 3 years, general labor job during the summers, Resident Care Assistant from 1/2015-6/2015
Applying to: 15-16 schools, too lazy to type them out
*First time reapplicant

Fingers crossed. Didn't figure I would be going for education past my undergrad until 2 years through, which hurt me since I wasn't taking my GPA too seriously. Just a bad attitude in the past that I regret. Got mostly B+s in my prereqs and a C+ in Chem II was a real downer for me, as you can see. My last semester I got all A's in upper level classes though, so I'm hoping that gets factored in. Might say something about that in that small section given to explain if your transcripts reflect your work ethic and why. No other mentionable extra-curriculars. Number of hours is above not only the minimum, but also what is recommended for all the schools I'm applying to so I'm not concerned about that. Recently CPR/AED and First Aid Certified. Taking my CNA licensure test on Tuesday, will work as that until I hopefully get into a program. Submitting before Sept. 1st. Good luck to all (but also, save me a spot, haha)!

*Edit: 8/23/15 - e-submitted
*Edit: 3/5/16 - Attending Rosalind Franklin University!

Excited for May!

Has anyone on here been accepted to university of toledo? I just have been accepted off their waiting list.

Update!

Accepted to Clarkson University, but will be declining the offer.

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting to hear back!

Excited for May!
I have very similar stats as you, mostly B's and C in chem II, did you retake any courses? I'm going to be applying this upcoming year, and I wanted to see if you have any advice on how to be a more competitive applicant?

Updated

University: Florida Atlantic University
Overall GPA: 3.39, AU GPA: 3.44
Pre-Req GPA: 3.06, AU GPA: 3.27
GRE: 147 V / 152 Q / 4.0 W

Extra-Curric: 5 Years experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse, amateur power lifter, 350 hours as a research assistant, volunteer at pediatric OT clinic, volunteer at Muscular Dystrophy Association camp, Health Coach at detox clinic

Volunteer: 50 hours in outpatient sports clinic, 350 hours in outpatient rehab clinic

Applying: Chatham University, Clarkson University, East Carolina University, Florida Gulf Coast University, Florida International University, Loma Linda University, Nazareth College of Rochester, New York Institute of Technology, Nova Southeastern University - Ft Lauderdale, Pacific University, Regis University, Sacred Heart University, Thomas Jefferson University, University of Central Florida, University of Delaware, University of Miami, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, University of Scranton, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, AT Still University of Health Sciences, Belmont University, Dominican College of Blauvelt, Elon University, Shenandoah University, University of Indianapolis, University of Jamestown, University of Mary, Bellarmine University, Creighton University, and St Augustine University

Acceptances: UCF (03/07/16)

Rejections: Belmont, Dominican College, Shenandoah University, Sacred Heart University, Thomas J, Nova Southeastern University - Ft Lauderdale,

Wait-list: At Still University (10/2/15), UCF (2/12/16), Chatham University (12/21/15)

Interviews: AT Still University of Health Sciences (9/29/15), UCF (1/29/16), FGCU (01/30/16), Chatham University (11/14/15), Belmont (11/20/15), University of St Augustine- FL campus (03/18/16)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE!!!
University: University of Missouri
Major: Health Sciences
Cum GPA: 3.88
Prereq: 3.9-4.0 (depending on how they classify one of my courses)
GRE: 319

Observation: 687 Neuro (split between in and outpatient), 73 Military Clinic, 40 VA Outpatient Clinic

Extracurricular: I'm a non-traditional student so not much here. I was in the Army/Army Reserves for almost 15 years, including 3 deployments. I was a Non-Commissioned Officer for most of that time, which I'm hoping will show my leadership capabilities.

Applied: Army-Baylor

Interviews: Army-Baylor

Acceptances: Army-Baylor!

SIM 'EM!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Update: REJECTION SORT OF :/

Rutgers University-New Brunswick
School GPA: 3.044
Overall PTCAS GPA: 3.01
PrereqGPA (sciences only): 3.66
GRE: 1st time: 146Q, 154V 4.0A
2nd time: 149Q, 156V 4.5A (ran out of time on one quant section)
hours: 2000+ outpatient, 57 subacute pediatrics with neuro and spinal cord injuries, 10 acute care, 20 more hours in acute care (wound care, amputees, neuro, etc).
Applied: Rutgers south, Marshall U, Shenandoah, U st Augustine Florida, u of Florida, Emory and Henry, MGH institute, Methodist U, Wheeling Jesuit, U Maryland eastern shore, Boston U
Interviews: Emory & Henry (12/4) did not attend; U of St Aug (11/20), Rutgers U-South (12/18), Methodist U (1/22) did not attend; MGHIHP (1/30/15)
Rejected: Marshall U: just disqualified because of missing requirement (lame); Shenandoah U. (12/23/15) UMES (3/4/16) Technically, "qualified candidate but they reached program capacity
Acceptances: U. of St. Augustine for the Health Sciences- Florida (12/21)declined; Boston University (1/14/16); MGH IHP (02/16/16)
Wait list: Rutgers South

UMES sent me that same crap and I called that day and they said they were sending notifications that night and I said rejections? The lady ignored me hahahaha

University:
Queens College

Applied:

Interviews
:
Rejections:
NYIT

I am SOOO happy to finally get accepted somewhere as this is my second year applying!! And I'm in shock still that I got accepted just 4 days after my interview! Just waiting on stony before I make my decision to attend!

congrats on the acceptance!
have you heard from stony yet ? this over 3 weeks wait is killing me!!!!!

University: University of South Florida
Major: Anthropology, Minors: Sociology and Dance
Undergrad GPA: 3.37
Overall GPA: 3.41
Post-Bac GPA: 3.53
GRE: 157 V/150 Q/4.0 W

Extra-Curriculars/Volunteering: Pre-PT Club (wasn't involved until after submitting), local Adaptive Sports & Recreation program, non-traditional student working ~30 hours per week while completing pre-reqs, studied abroad in senior year in Australia
Observation: ~90 hours at 3 outpatient ortho facilities, one nursing home, and one inpatient neuro facility
Applied: UNF, UF, FGCU, FIU, UNE
Interviews: FIU (1/30), FGCU (1/30), UNF (2/13), UNE (3/4- declined)
Acceptance: FGCU (2/12- accepted)
Waitlist: UNF
Rejections: none

I didn't think my application would get nearly as much interest as it did! There is hope for those of you who also have mediocre stats!

UPDATE:
Waitlist: FIU (will probably decline)

University:
Queens College

Applied:

Interviews
:
Rejections:
NYIT

Congrats did you recieve an email?

Updated

University: Florida Atlantic University
Overall GPA: 3.39, AU GPA: 3.44
Pre-Req GPA: 3.06, AU GPA: 3.27
GRE: 147 V / 152 Q / 4.0 W

Extra-Curric: 5 Years experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse, amateur power lifter, 350 hours as a research assistant, volunteer at pediatric OT clinic, volunteer at Muscular Dystrophy Association camp, Health Coach at detox clinic

Volunteer: 50 hours in outpatient sports clinic, 350 hours in outpatient rehab clinic

Applying: Chatham University, Clarkson University, East Carolina University, Florida Gulf Coast University, Florida International University, Loma Linda University, Nazareth College of Rochester, New York Institute of Technology, Nova Southeastern University - Ft Lauderdale, Pacific University, Regis University, Sacred Heart University, Thomas Jefferson University, University of Central Florida, University of Delaware, University of Miami, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, University of Scranton, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, AT Still University of Health Sciences, Belmont University, Dominican College of Blauvelt, Elon University, Shenandoah University, University of Indianapolis, University of Jamestown, University of Mary, Bellarmine University, Creighton University, and St Augustine University

Acceptances: UCF (03/07/16)

Rejections: Belmont, Dominican College, Shenandoah University, Sacred Heart University, Thomas J, Nova Southeastern University - Ft Lauderdale,

Wait-list: At Still University (10/2/15), UCF (2/12/16), Chatham University (12/21/15)

Interviews: AT Still University of Health Sciences (9/29/15), UCF (1/29/16), FGCU (01/30/16), Chatham University (11/14/15), Belmont (11/20/15), University of St Augustine- FL campus (03/18/16)
Congrats on your acceptance! Will you be going to UCF? Also, what do you mean by AU GPA?

Nope!! I know it's driving me crazy! I'm really hoping they send out an email by the end of the week!

Yup, received acceptance via email.

I would hope so! its almost 4 weeks and they said two!! i wrote to lamberg a week and a half ago and they said they were still making decisions but then why would they stress at the info session two weeks??

Ohio State University
GPA: 3.81
Pre-req: 3.67-3.74
GRE: 153 V 156 Q 4.0 AW

Applied: OSU, Toledo, OHio University, Youngstown State
Interviews: OU and Toledo
Waitlist: OSU, Toledo, OU
Rejected:
Accepted: YSU-declined (12/9, Toledo (2/22), OSU (2/27), Ohio Univeraity-Declined(3/7)

Last edited:
UPDATE

University: Florida State University
Overall GPA: 3.68
Pre-Req GPA: 3.65
GRE: 155 V, 151 Q, 3.5 W

Extra-Curric: Sorority, Order of Omega, 3 Honor Societies, Pre-PT Club, Worked at UrgentCare clinic, Dance Marathon, Senior Center, Relay for Life

Observation Hours: about 110 (low on hours, but variety of settings)
40: Rehab Institute of Chicago (Spinal cord center, day rehab, aqua therapy)
20: Podiatry Clinic (orthopedic)
30: Orthopedic Clinic
20: Pediatric neurological therapy (included aqua therapy)

Applied: FGCU, FIU, Northwestern, Nova, UCF, UF, UIC, UNF, USF

Acceptances: Nova, FIU (2/23)

Rejections: Northwestern, UCF

Interviews: FIU (1/30), UNF (2/13)

Waitlist: UIC, UNF, USF (declined)
Congratulations, did you decide between Nova and FIU. Is Nova a nice program?

I would hope so! its almost 4 weeks and they said two!! i wrote to lamberg a week and a half ago and they said they were still making decisions but then why would they stress at the info session two weeks??

I don't get why it's taking so long considering we were the last interview session and they need to fill the spots! They really need to make decisions though because students that got accepted into other schools only have like 2 weeks to make their deposits/decision. I remember at the info session they said they make decisions pretty quick but then have to get it approved by the school or something.

I don't get why it's taking so long considering we were the last interview session and they need to fill the spots! They really need to make decisions though because students that got accepted into other schools only have like 2 weeks to make their deposits/decision. I remember at the info session they said they make decisions pretty quick but then have to get it approved by the school or something.

thats what i was thinking! that works in my favor though if people make a decision to go elsewhere haha... this process is rough...

Thanks! Excited to go to Omaha in the fall! It's such a relief to finally get accepted after the whole application process and waiting to hear back.
I am also going to UNMC and was wondering if there is a facebook group made or if one of the classes will be making one for us soon? Cant wait to meet you and everyone else!!

UPDATE: Waitlist

University:
Queens College

Applied:

Interviews
:
Rejections: NYIT
Waitlist: SBU (3/10/16)

thats what i was thinking! that works in my favor though if people make a decision to go elsewhere haha... this process is rough...

well scratch that, i got an email 3 minutes ago, placed on the waitlist

well scratch that, i got an email 3 minutes ago, placed on the waitlist
same!! i called them and asked where i was on the list but forgot to ask how many students they placed on the list and how many they take from it....

same!! i called them and asked where i was on the list but forgot to ask how many students they placed on the list and how many they take from it....

Welp, I also asked where I was and just got an email saying I'm 89 lmao, so I'm assuming at least 100 people. :(

UPDATE: Waitlist

University:
Queens College

Applied:

Interviews
:
Rejections: NYIT
Waitlist: SBU (3/10/16)
I been waitlisted at LIU today. I hope to get accepted soon. Im so nervous Im waitlisted in two schools

I been waitlisted at LIU today. I hope to get accepted soon. Im so nervous Im waitlisted in two schools

Ahhh stay positive!! Best of luck, hopefully will see you in July :xf:

@hopeful_PT13 I'm not aware of a FB group yet. I received an e-mail from admissions saying they received my deposit and would be sending out more information later in March. I'm gonna guess they'll have the FB group included with that information.

Final Update

Major: Psychology with a minor in Biology
Overall GPA: 3.46
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4
GRE: 154 V 157 Q 5.0 AW

Extra Curricular:

Business manager/writer for the school newspaper, Society of Women Engineers (worked with other members to get local girls interested in STEM), Women's Mentor Program, Active Minds, Relay for Life, intramural volleyball, tour guide.

Observation:
47 outpatient orthopedics, 20 outpatient pediatrics/aquatics, 30 SNF, 10 elementary school

Applied: New York Medical College, NYU, Sage, Stony Brook, Sacred Heart University, University of Scranton
Interviews: NYU (11/6), NYMC (11/13), Stony Brook (declined)
Acceptances: NYMC (11/23), NYU (11/25)
Rejections: Sacred Heart (1/4), University of Scranton (1/6), Sage

Emailed Sage and they told me I was rejected, however, I still haven't gotten an official admissions notification.

Attending:
New York Medical College!

Last edited:
Congratulations, did you decide between Nova and FIU. Is Nova a nice program?

I have not decided yet. At the moment, I am leaning more towards Nova mainly due to not wanting to live in Miami. I visited Nova over Spring Break and it was a beautiful campus and the health building is really nice, unfortunately, it was a Law student giving our tour (which makes no sense to me) so I couldn't really find out what I hoped to about the program. Aside from not wanting to live in Miami, I had a great experience at FIU and actually enjoyed the interview process. If anyone has any advice between the two, please share!

Reactions: 2 users
Welp, I also asked where I was and just got an email saying I'm 89 lmao, so I'm assuming at least 100 people. :(

i was told it was out of 116 as of thursday but don't lose hope! i asked how many they have gone through in years prior and was told although the list last year was smaller, they did go through all of it..

I have not decided yet. At the moment, I am leaning more towards Nova mainly due to not wanting to live in Miami. I visited Nova over Spring Break and it was a beautiful campus and the health building is really nice, unfortunately, it was a Law student giving our tour (which makes no sense to me) so I couldn't really find out what I hoped to about the program. Aside from not wanting to live in Miami, I had a great experience at FIU and actually enjoyed the interview process. If anyone has any advice between the two, please share!
Personally the amount the Miami has to offer in the related field is huge. I must agree the interview process was the best I've had and it is what made me choose FIU. Great program all around!

Personally the amount the Miami has to offer in the related field is huge. I must agree the interview process was the best I've had and it is what made me choose FIU. Great program all around!
Im currently on FIU waitlist do you have any clue if they use the waitlist often, I really like the program.

For anyone who has had a writing component at the interview.. what were they like?

Last edited:
Im currently on FIU waitlist do you have any clue if they use the waitlist often, I really like the program.
Unfortunately I am not sure if they use the waitlist often, I'm assuming they would ! Good Luck

Update: Acceptance

Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.86
Pre-Req GPA: 3.76
GRE: 144 V 147Q 4.0AW

Extra-Curric: Physical Therapy Club (Vice President), Leadership Institute (member), Food Bank (Volunteer), Park clean-up(Volunteer), Muscular Dystrophy Association Camp (Counselor), Held a part time job since high school, Lambda Alpha Sigma Honor Society, Tri-Beta Honor society, CPR certified, Dean's honor list since freshmen yr

Volunteer: 189 Outpatient Hospital, 55 outpatient private clinic, 115 skilled nursing facility
(359 Total Hrs)

Applied: NYIT, Rutgers North, Rutgers South, Thomas Jefferson, University of New England, University of Scranton, University of South Florida, Winston-Salem State, Dominican College, Stockton University, Long Island University, Hunter College, College of Staten Island

Interviews: Dominican, Thomas Jefferson, Hunter College, NYIT(Denied), Rutgers South(denied), University of New England(denied), College of Staten Island(denied)

Acceptances: Thomas Jefferson University, University of South Florida, Stockton University, Dominican College, University of Scranton

Attending: Thomas Jefferson University

Rejections: Rutgers Newark, Hunter College

Haven't heard from Long Island or Winston Salem but will be withdrawing my application.

Interested about Miami. What do you see that separates it from other PT schools?

UPDATE: ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited:

Major:
Biology
Prereq GPA: 3.56
GRE: 157V 154Q 4.5AW

Extracurricular: Cross Country team, Tennis team, Health and Medical Occupations club, Honors program, Research assistant, Sorority (Finance Chair), Residence Hall Association (Secretary), Relay for Life, Huskers Helping the Homeless, Alternative Spring Break (traveled to Colorado to clean up debris from fires), volunteering at local hospital.

Observation: 200 hrs (inpatient/outpatient hospital, military hospital, outpatient orthopedics, aquatics). Also around 500 hrs from being a PT technician.

Applied: UNMC, DMU, UNLV, Creighton, UW-Madison, UW-La Crosse

Interviews: Creighton (10/30), UNLV (declined), DMU (12/4), UNMC (12/18)

Acceptances: UNMC (3/17)

I am seriously in shock right now, I was waitlisted for about a month and a half and had pretty much given up hope for the year. But now I'm in at my top choice and I'm so pumped!

Reactions: 5 users

Major:
Biology

Extracurricular: Cross Country team, Tennis team, Health and Medical Occupations club, Honors program, Research assistant, Sorority (Finance Chair), Residence Hall Association (Secretary), Relay for Life, Huskers Helping the Homeless, Alternative Spring Break (traveled to Colorado to clean up debris from fires), volunteering at local hospital.

Observation: 200 hrs (inpatient/outpatient hospital, military hospital, outpatient orthopedics, aquatics). Also around 500 hrs from being a PT technician.

I am seriously in shock right now, I was waitlisted for about a month and a half and had pretty much given up hope for the year. But now I'm in at my top choice and I'm so pumped!

Congrats! See you there!

Major:
Biology

Congrats!! Welcome to the class, isn't it a great feeling!?

@hopeful_PT13 I'm not aware of a FB group yet. I received an e-mail from admissions saying they received my deposit and would be sending out more information later in March. I'm gonna guess they'll have the FB group included with that information.
Yea I finally received the email last week saying they had received my deposit and would be sending more info via mail later this month. I'm just ready to get everything going, hoping for more info to come this week!

i was told it was out of 116 as of thursday but don't lose hope! i asked how many they have gone through in years prior and was told although the list last year was smaller, they did go through all of it..

Oh man really? That's crazy to me that so many people on the waitlist don't accept their seat if it opens up to them! I'll check back with them in a couple weeks and see what happens, I already had to put my deposit down for LIU though.

Oh man really? That's crazy to me that so many people on the waitlist don't accept their seat if it opens up to them! I'll check back with them in a couple weeks and see what happens, I already had to put my deposit down for LIU though.
i know! i was shocked when she said that too but i guess they really try to keep all of their seats filled and so many people probably accept since there is no deposit for the school... they just got back from spring break today so I'm hoping a lot of phone calls will be made this week : )