GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Major: Biology, pre-pt
Minor: Psychology
GPA: (ptcas) 3.73
Pre-req GPA: 3.55
gre: 570 V 620 Q 5 A
Hours: over 250 outpatient, 20 geriatric, 20 inpatient.
Schools:
Acceptances: NUPTHMS (just heard from them)

rejections: none yet

waitlist: none yet

*will update continuously.
I'm in my first trimester at Northwestern! Lots of studying and hard work but I love it here. :)

Members don't see this ad.

University: Marywood University
Major: Nutrition and Dietetics
Overall GPA: 3.63
Pre-Req GPA: 3.74
GRE: 1270

Extra-Curric: varsity softball, tutoring

Volunteer: 160 some odd hours between pediatric, sports and geriatric

Applied/Applying to: Northwestern, NYIT (denied interview), LIU, Stony Brook, Hunter

Acceptances: Northwestern, Stony Brook, LIU

Waitlist: Hunter (denied staying on it as I'm going to Stony Brook)

Interviews: LIU, Hunter, Stony Brook

accepted a seat at stony brook today, so that's where i'm going. yay!

Last edited:
Hey yankees09, you already had interview with LIU?? When did you apply?? How did it go???

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools:
Acceptances: NUPTHMS (just heard from them)

Holy crap you heard from NU already? when did your PTCAS application get sent in?

UPDATED 3/1

Undergrad:
Northwestern University
Major: Communication Studies, dance and psych minors
(PTCAS) GPA: 3.52
Pre-req GPA: 3.82 (about half completed, the rest are in progress/planned for spring)
GRE: 630 (Q), 560 (V), 5 (Writing)

PT Experiences: 600+ paid aide at outpatient clinic, 15 hours in special needs elementary school, 8 hours inpatient at Northwestern Memorial, 15 hours outpatient neuro clinic, 15 hours on-site professional dance physical therapy, 20 hours at other outpatient clinics, 10 hours at a canine rehabilitation center w/certified PTA (although this fell under "volunteer" experience, not PT experience on PTCAS)

Applying: Mayo Clinic, Northwestern, UIC, Midwestern, Rosalind Franklin, Duke

Acceptances: Northwestern, UIC (was waitlisted in the top 20 of the list, then got accepted)
Rejections: None
Interviews: Mayo Clinic (declined), Rosalind Franklin (declined), Midwestern (declined), Duke (declined)

Decision:
Northwestern

PTCAS mailing date: October 6th.

My biggest issue is almost all my prereq courses are from community college, some of which are in progress (chem II, physics II, both lab bios, physiology, calc) since I didn't decide to go the PT route until my senior year of college. I'm hoping that won't hurt me too much though.

Last edited:
Hey yankees09, you already had interview with LIU?? When did you apply?? How did it go???

i haven't actually gone to the interview yet- just got a call to have one. I sent in my stuff probably a week ago. It's kind of annoying because you have to do PTCAS and then their own, but oh well. The only annoying part was writing another essay.

Anyway, I'll probably be doing the interview soon and I'll let you know how it goes.

University:Indiana State University
Major:Exercise Science
Overall GPA:3.88
Pre-Req GPA:3.93
GRE:480 V 650 Q 4.5 AW

Extra-Curric:ISU cheer team, special olympics volunteer, biomechanics lab research, tutoring and mentoring program, sorority, Alpha Lamda Delta honor society, Phi Kappa Phi honor society

Volunteer:50 hours in-patient and about 20 hours outpatient

Acceptances:Waiting still

Rejections:

Interviews:University of Indianapolis (nov. 6th)

***I have applications pending at Indiana University and Bradley. I may stilll apply to minnesota...

I didn't mean to put the sad face up there, lol, 1st time user

Hey yankees09

That is strange because when I log into PTCAS they are only asking me for supplementary essays for NYU and Columbia not for LIU. And on LIU's website it doesnt say anything about supplementary one...where did you find info on that??
OOh and congrads about the early interview call, and good luck!
Thank you :)

Last edited:
Majors: Pre-Physical Therapy and Exercise Science
Minors: Psychology and Biology
Overall GPA:3.88
Pre-Req GPA:3.77
GRE: V-450 (oops) Q-750 AW-4.5

Volunteer:150 assisted living, 100 outpatient rehab, 50 inpatient rehab

Acceptances: Northwestern University, Ohio State University

Interviews: U of Rhode Island, Columbia University (withdrew application)

Rejections: None yet

Last edited:
Hey yankees09

That is strange because when I log into PTCAS they are only asking me for supplementary essays for NYU and Columbia not for LIU. And on LIU's website it doesnt say anything about supplementary one...where did you find info on that??
OOh and congrads about the early interview call, and good luck!
Thank you :)

The supplemental essay for LIU is part of the supplemental application that is described here: http://www.brooklyn.liu.edu/health/physical therapy/DPT_main.html

They kinda sneak it in on you as the only mention of the essay is inside of that supp. application itself. Mercifully, it's much smaller (500-1000 words) than the other essays I had to write...

By the way, I just submitted through PTCAS last week. Could anyone tell me how long it took for them to calculate your GPA and mail your applications?

The supplemental essay for LIU is part of the supplemental application that is described here: http://www.brooklyn.liu.edu/health/physical therapy/DPT_main.html

They kinda sneak it in on you as the only mention of the essay is inside of that supp. application itself. Mercifully, it's much smaller (500-1000 words) than the other essays I had to write...

By the way, I just submitted through PTCAS last week. Could anyone tell me how long it took for them to calculate your GPA and mail your applications?

I submitted my application on September 23rd and my application was sent on October 6th. They say it can take up to 5 weeks for it to be mailed, though, but if you apply to a school whose deadline is approaching most schools are cool with the fact that it's been sent (kind of like a postmark).

FINAL UPDATE 5-4-10

University
- UW- Madison
Degree- BS Dance
GPA- 3.3
Pre-req GPA- 3.0
GRE- 590v 770a 4.5aw

Extracurricular- Habitat for humanity, Relay for Life, Ski and Snowboard club instructor, running club

Volunteer- 60 hours acute care, 20 hours Pediatric outpatient, 50 hours inpatient geriatric

Accepted- Shenandoah U, MGH Institute, Regis U

Attending- MGH Institute of Health Professions

Waitlisted- Regis (waitlisted for a long time, accepted in July)

Rejected- Belmont, WVU, Marymount, Chatham, Utah, UNC, Bellarmine, NAU, VCU,Temple

Interviews- Shenandoah (phone), Regis (1/29), MGH (phone), NAU (2/27)

To those of you reading this who are current applicants, worrying about what your chances are of getting in: I had a lower GPA than I would have liked to apply with. I applied to many schools knowing that volume alone will increase chances. Take extra care to make sure your personal statement is rock solid and will stand out. Figure out what it is that makes you different from the hundreds of other applicants and focus on that; volunteer, stand apart from the crowd! Also, consider schools that will interview, they care about more than a number of a piece of paper. If you want it bad enough, it will happen for you too!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
University: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Major: B.S. Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.43
Pre-Req GPA: 3.25
GRE: 440V 660Q 4.0AW

Extra-Curric: Relay for Life, Illini Bicycle Racing Club

Volunteer: 110+ hrs as PT Aide in outpatient orthopedic clinic, 15 hrs outpatient neuro clinic, 15 hrs pre-school pediatric, 8 hrs outpatient orthopedic

Applied to: University of Illinois at Chicago, Northwestern, Midwestern, Rosalind Franklin, Governor's State

Acceptances: waiting...

Rejections: waiting...

Interviews: waiting...

PTCAS mailing date: October 12th

Think I have a chance at any of these schools? I'm just hoping to get in somewhere. I also don't know why I go on these forums, they only scare the crap out of me.

Good luck everyone!

Think I have a chance at any of these schools? I'm just hoping to get in somewhere. I also don't know why I go on these forums, they only scare the crap out of me.

Good luck everyone!

I know exactly what you mean, Velo! This waiting game is nerve-wracking.

Undergrad: Bellarmine University
Major:
Psychology
Minor:
Business Administration
Overall GPA:
Pre-Req GPA:
GRE:
580V 620Q 4.0A

Extra-Curriculars:
Pre-PT club, biology club, psychology club, student theater

Volunteer:
28 hours inpatient (SNF) and 18 hours outpatient at a sports medicine clinic

Applied to:
Northwestern, Bellarmine, Chapman, Boston, and LIU

Acceptances: Bellarmine

Rejections: Still waiting...

Interviews: LIU

Looking over all of the stats in this thread makes me really wish I had gotten more volunteer hours.

Last edited:
Major: Exercise Science
Cumulative GPA: 3.75
Science GPA: 3.6
GRE: 450 V 450 M 4 A :(

Clinical Experience: 3,500 hours in outpatient physical therapy with orthopedics, rheumatology, gerantology, and sports medicine. 42 hours inpatient physical therapy in Neuro-Rehab/TBI and Pulmonary/Infections Diseases.

PT Schools: Army Baylor, University of Maryland, University of St. Augustine, Old Dominion, Shenandoah, University of North Carolina, Elon

Acceptances: Just sent in some applications.

What do you think my chances are of getting into any of these schools?

Undergrad: Gustavus Adolphus College
Major: Athletic Training
Overall GPA: 3.4
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4
GRE: 450V 670Q 4.5A

Extra-Curriculars: Gustavus Athletic Training Assoc., Special Olympics, Relay for Life, March of Dimes, Sorority

Rehab Hours: Nursing home - 40, Inpatient - 32, Outpatient Ortho - 1500 (Rehab Aide)

Applied to: Des Moines University, Mayo, Midwestern, Creighton (withdrew), St. Catherine University, Northwestern, University of South Dakota, Wash U

Acceptances: Des Moines University :), Midwestern

Waitlist: Wash U, Northwestern

Rejections:

Interviews: Des Moines, Creighton, Midwestern

Last edited:
hey can you tell me the interview questions from Midwestern University please.. i have it on the 4th of nov... thanks much..

Undergrad: CSULB
Major:
Kinesiology-Exercise Science
Minor:
Biology
Overall GPA:
Pre-Req GPA:
GRE:
460V 590Q 4.0A

Extra-Curriculars:
Clinical Care Extender at St. Mary's Medical Center, LIFE Animal Rescue

Volunteer:
23 hours Pediatrics, 1050 hours in outpatient ortho setting #1, 300 hours at submission of application at outpatient ortho setting #2

Applied to:
Western, Chapman, and CSULB

Keeping my fingers crossed:xf:

The interview at Midwestern (Downers Grove) was pretty painless. There was an initial essay to write (approx. 30 min) to begin the morning. You are in a group of about 10 students, but all interviewed individually. You are interviewed by one faculty member for around 30 min, given lunch, and a campus tour by a current student. No curveball questions during the interview.

Undergrad: The Pennsylvania State University (UPark)
Major: Kinesiology - Movement Science
(PTCAS) GPA: 3.52 (I got a 2.15/2.96 in meteorology =0( my fresh year, 3.82 for my kines major)
Pre-req GPA: 3.45
GRE: 650 (Q), 630 (V), 4.5 (Writing)

PT Experiences: 250 hours at an inpatient retirement facility, 250 hours in an outpatient private practice facility, and currently working full time as a PT aide at UPMC in the Burgh (440 hrs currently, possibly over 1000 by graduate school pending acceptance).

Applying: Pitt, Chatham, Old Dominion, Miami, Maryland-Balt Count, George Wash, and Duke

Acceptances: George Washington
Interviews: Chatham November 7th , Miami (Feb 12th) and george wash (dec4 I think it optional)

duke and odu are under review pitt starts nov 15

PTCAS mailing date: August 15. <~ Got lucky with all my forms and LORs

Good Luck too ALL!!!

Undergrad: Michigan State University
Major: Kinesiology - Exercise Physiology
(PTCAS) GPA: 3.46
Pre-req GPA: 3.20
GRE: 680(Q), 360 (V), 4.5 (W)

Extracurriculars: Alpine Ski Team, Relay for Life, Club & intramural Softball, University Activities Board, Philanthropy Chairman for sorority

PT Experiences: 200 hours outpatient orthopedic, 400 hours medical assistant in OB/GYN, 20 hours inpatient, 40 hours misc outpatient

Applying: Northwestern, Midwestern (downers grove), Regis, GVSU, Oakland, CMU, Wayne State, Vermont, IUPUI, University of Indy, U-WM

Acceptances: Midwestern, Grand Valley State University
Rejections: IUPUI, University of Indy, Central Michigan
Interviews: GVSU & Midwestern so far...haven't heard from anyone else

Good luck to everyone on their interviews and congrats on acceptances!

Last edited:
noticed many aren't applying to UF...

Undergrad: The Florida State University
Major: Biochemistry
Pre-req GPA: 3.72
Upper level GPA: 3.60
GRE: V (460) Q (640) A (4.5) total:1100
Volunteer: 65 nursing home, 19 ortho, 65 inpatient, 80 private outpatient: 225 hours total.
4 LOR's, stellar essay (i think)
extracurricular: marching chiefs, did some research, chemistry tutor, honor societies, etc.

Applied: University of Florida, USF and UCF
Accepted today: University of Florida! i dont care about the rest, UF was my first choice!

University: Oklahoma Christian University
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: 610Q 420V 4.0W
Volunteer: 100 hours outpatient, 30 hours inpatient
Applied to: A.T Still, Franklin Pierce(Goodyear), Chapman, UofNew England, Regis, Temple
Acceptances:
Rejections:
Interviews:Franklin Pierce, UofNew England

Good luck everyone!

University: SUNY Cortland
Major: Health Ed.
Overall GPA: 3.49
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE: 640Q 500V 4.5W
Volunteer: 300 hrs with a PT in a school, 100 hrs in a hospital, 80 hrs in outpatient
Applied to: NYIT, NYU, Columbia, Stony Brook, Touro, LIU
Acceptances: I only submitted 3 weeks ago so we'll find out soon!:D
Rejections:
Interviews: Stony brook (so far)​

Major: Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.6
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: 660V 670Q 5.0A

Extra-Curriculars: Swim team, Two laboratories (really like research), animal shelter volunteer, teaching assistant

Rehab Hours: 100+ hours (Pediatric and Orthopedic)

Applied to: U Southern California, UPitt, UDelaware,

Acceptances:USC, Pitt

Interviews: UDelaware (Declined)

Last edited:
Has anyone else applied/heard from the University of Miami? I received an email that said my application had been reviewed and they are waiting for my fall grades to make a decision. Has anyone gotten a similar email or gotten an interview or been rejected?

Schools:
Acceptances: NUPTHMS, Wash U
Interviews: Midwestern (withdrew application)

Wow, I haven't heard anything about Wash U this cycle. Anyone else get in there? Aren't they like a lot of $$$

UPDATE

Major: Dance
Undergrad GPA: 3.08
Grad GPA: 3.56
Post-Bac GPA: 3.9
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2
GRE: Q 640 V 530 A 4.5

Extra-Curric: Too much to list...

PT Volunteer: 50+ hours inpatient rehab (TBI, SCI, Ortho), ~115 hours outpatient (Sports, Dance, Ortho), 8 hours acute inpatient

Applied to: UPitt, UMDNJ, LIU, Columbia, Drexel, Thomas Jefferson (withdrew), Temple, Hunter

Acceptances: Drexel, LIU, UPiit, UMDNJ, Columbia

Rejections: Hunter

Interviews: Drexel, LIU, Hunter, UMDNJ, Temple, Columbia

Decision: Columbia

Last edited:

Just Updating:

Schools applied to: NU, Wash U, UIC, Wisconsin-Madison, Midwestern, Rosalind Franklin, NYU.
Acceptances: NUPT, Wash U, Wisconsin-Madison.
Interviews: Midwestern (withdrew application)

see update 12.2.09

University- UW- Madison
Degree- BS Dance
GPA- 3.2ish
Pre-req GPA- 3.0ish
GRE- 590v 770a 4.5aw

Extracurricular- Habitat for humanity, Relay for Life, Ski and Snowboard club instructor, running club

Volunteer- 60 hours acute care, 20 hours Pediatric outpatient, 50 hours inpatient geriatric

Applying to- I'm pretty nervous about getting in, so I actually applied to 16 schools:eek:

Accepted- fingers crossed

Rejected-

Interviews-

Hey. Don't feel discouraged. You made me smile wiht your stats cause mine are similar to yours and looking at all the others is pretty intimidating. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted. It's good to know there is someone else out there in the same situation. I applied to 10 and am thinking of adding more. GOOD LUCK!

University: Oregon State
Major: Exercise & Sport Science
Overall GPA: 3.13
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.00
GRE: Q 790 V 630 AW 4.0

Extra-Curric: President of 2x national champ. racquetball team, sports club committee, IMPACT (help developmentally disabled children)

Volunteer: IMPACT (help developmentally disabled children)

Applications: University of Delaware, University of Maryland - Baltimore, Ohio State University. Applied through PTCAS to more but after hearing from Delaware I decided to not finish supplemental applications.

Acceptances:University of Delaware - decided to go there

Interviews:University of Delaware

University: Northwest Christian
University Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.38
Pre-Req GPA: 3.34
GRE: Q 730 V 520 AW 4.0

Extra-Curric: 3 years Varsity Basketball, Basketball camp coach, but other than that working 30+ hours a week full time school and basketball didn't leave much time for anything else.

Volunteer: 50 hours outpatient, 12 hours inpatient, 300 hours cardiac rehab not under a PT.

Applications: Northern Arizona, Duke, Arcadia, Bellarmine, FIU, and Puget Sound

Acceptances: Arcadia

Rejections: Northern Arizona

Interviews: None yet

Last edited:
University of Pittsburgh
Health&Rehabilitation Science
Pre Req: 3.5
GPA: 3.5
Gre- 1070 (410V 660Q)
extras- over 1000 hours working at large sports med oupatient clinic as rehab aide, 4 years club baseball, study abroad-south africa

applying: U Pittsburgh, U Delaware, U Rhode Island, Western Carolina
accepted: U Pittsburgh
Waiting on rest, deleware rejected me for the first interview

mtm34- congrats on upitt! were you notified by snail mail or email? i applied there and am just curious what type of notification i should be waiting for. thanks!

Thanks Shanna- I got an email from a generic name 'chris' that was titled acceptance letter, kinda weird? but it was official and they said 100$ deposit is due by the 15th of Jan to reserve a spot so i'll probably throw that down and keep waiting to hear back- good to luck to you

UPDATED 12/11

Undergrad:
Northwestern University
Pre-req GPA: 3.82 (about half completed, the rest are in progress/planned for spring)

PT Experiences: 600+ paid aide at outpatient clinic, 15 hours in special needs elementary school, 8 hours inpatient at Northwestern Memorial, 15 hours outpatient neuro clinic, 15 hours on-site professional dance physical therapy, 20 hours at other outpatient clinics, 10 hours at a canine rehabilitation center w/certified PTA (although this fell under "volunteer" experience, not PT experience on PTCAS)

Applying: Mayo Clinic, Northwestern, UIC, Midwestern, Rosalind Franklin, Duke (toying with the idea of applying to a few others)

Acceptances: Northwestern
Interviews: Mayo Clinic, Rosalind Franklin (withdrew - same day as NUPT open house)

My biggest issue is almost all my prereq courses are from community college, some of which are in progress (chem II, physics II, both lab bios, physiology, calc) since I didn't decide to go the PT route until my senior year of college. I'm hoping that won't hurt me too much though.

See update 12/11

Last edited:
Update 4/26

University: University of Montana
University Major: Exercise Science, Pre-PT
Overall GPA: 3.62 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.43
GRE: 480V 650Q 4.0AW

Extra-Curric: Study abroad in Australia, Resident Assistant, Golden Key Honor Society - President (various food/toiletry drives, etc), teach ski lessons (winter break), secretary at insurance agency (summer), study abroad ambassador, Flagship program, Alpine Ski Team, Relay for Life.

Volunteer: 220 hours outpatient, 163 hours inpatient/nursing home, 80 hours in Australian clinic

Applications: MGH, Boston U, Northern Arizona, U of Montana, Idaho State, UCSF/SFSU, U of Washington, Puget Sound

Acceptances: BU, ISU, UCSF/SFSU, MGH, UM

Waitlist: UCSF/SFSU (top 5 alternate)

Rejections: NAU, UW, Puget Sound

Interviews: UCSF/SFSU, MGH (2/6), UM (3/6)

Going to UCSF/SFSU!

Last edited:
University:University of North Florida
Major:Athletic Training
Overall GPA: 3.46
Pre-Req GPA: 3.62
GRE: Q580 V510 W4.0

Volunteer: 200 Outpatient/Inpatient/Pediatric

Applied: USF, UM, FIU, NSU.

Acceptances: NSU

Rejections:None

Interviews: NSU,UM

Last edited:
Undergrad: Penn State (UPark)
Major: Kinesiology - Movement Science
GPA: 3.52 (I got a 2.15/2.96 in meteorology =0( my fresh year, 3.82 for my kines major)
Pre-req GPA: 3.45
GRE: 650 (Q), 630 (V), 4.5 (Writing)

PT Experiences: 1000+ at five different clinics.

Applying: Pitt, Chatham, Old Dominion, Miami, Maryland-Balt, George Wash, and Duke

Interviews: Chatham (11/7) , Miami (2/12), George Wash (12/4 <~cancelled due to acceptance), UM-Balt (1/15)
Rejections: None
Acceptances: George Washington (11/9), Chatham (12/16)

Waiting Patiently On: Pitt and Duke

PTCAS mailing date: August 15. <~ Got lucky with all my forms and LORs

Good Luck too ALL!!!

Undergrad- Wilkes University- Psychology
Plus 1.5 years in graduate school (didn't finish program)
GRE V620 Q680, AW 5.5
GPA 3.85, Pre-Req GPA- 3.72
PT experience- 3 years working in aquatic therapy as a lifeguard, 50 hours volunteering in outpatient clinic
Applied: Chatham, Pitt
Interviewed: Chatham
Accepted: Chatham!! Wooooo!!!! Pitt!! Woooo!!!!

Last edited:
University: University at Buffalo
Pre-Req GPA: 3.26
GRE: 1010 (390 V, 620 Q, 4.0 A)
Volunteer hours: 125 outpatient, 75 (some inpatient and some outpatient)

Applied to: Buffalo, Stony Brook, Bellarmine, Nazareth College of Rochester, Miami

Accepted: Stony Brook! (got a phone call from them today)

Rejected: None yet thankfully

Interviews: Stony Brook (Dec. 4th), Buffalo (Dec. 3rd)

Undergrad:
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Major: Community Health
(PTCAS) GPA: 3.59
Pre-req GPA: 3.70 (just calculus left)
GRE: 790 (Q), 530 (V), 5 (Writing)

PT Experiences: 200+ hours as rehab aide at outpatient clinic (currently working there), 320 as an rehab intern at a hospital w/ both inpatient and outpatient, 35 hours observation at outpatient clinic

Applying: Northwestern, UIC, Rosalind Franklin, Midwestern, Mayo, Miami, Northern Arizona, St. Ambrose
Interviews: Mayo (declined), Miami (declined), Rosalind Franklin (declined), Midwestern (declined) and St. Ambrose (declined)... hoping this opened up slots for other candidates
Alternate List: UIC

PTCAS mailing date: October 20th.

It's basically between Northwestern and UIC, but I'm still waiting to hear back from UIC as far as where I am on the alternate list. Went to the Open House for NUPT and loved everything about the program! At this point, I'm pretty committed to attending Northwestern in the fall.

UPDATED 1/20

Last edited:
Hey Everyone, doing an update

GPA: (ptcas) around 3.5
Pre-req GPA: 3.5
GRE: 1290 Q 750 V 540 AW 4.5
PT Hours: 70 inpatient, 110 outpatient, 4 different places
Applying: VCU, Columbia, Duke, Marymount, Shenandoah, ODU, GWU

Acceptances: Virginia Commonwealth U, Old dominion U, George Wash U

Interviews: Columbia (Jan), Duke (Jan), Marymount, Shenandoah

Rejections: none yet

Waitlist: none yet

I'll update once I hear more, Good Luck everyone!

FINAL update:

Schools applied to: NU, Wash U, UIC, Wisconsin-Madison, Midwestern, Rosalind Franklin, NYU (Withdrew)
Acceptances: NUPT, Wash U, Wisconsin-Madison, UIC.
Interviews: Midwestern (withdrew application), Rosalind (withdrew)
rejections: none
waitlist: none

Well, I'm all done with the hearing back process. I've narrowed down to my two instate choices, UIC and NU. I have about a month to figure it out!!!

FINAL update:

Schools applied to: NU, Wash U, UIC, Wisconsin-Madison, Midwestern, Rosalind Franklin, NYU (Withdrew)
Acceptances: NUPT, Wash U, Wisconsin-Madison, UIC.
Interviews: Midwestern (withdrew application), Rosalind (withdrew)
rejections: none
waitlist: none

Well, I'm all done with the hearing back process. I've narrowed down to my two instate choices, UIC and NU. I have about a month to figure it out!!!

Wow congrats on UIC! They mail a letter right? If I get into UIC I'll be making that same decision...otherwise it's definitely NU for me. Let us konw what you decide on!

^^ wow man, impressive stats! You are more than golden to get in the rest of the schools. Congrats.

Reactions: 1 user
UPDATED 12/22

Undergrad:
Northwestern University

Applying: Mayo Clinic, Northwestern, UIC, Midwestern, Rosalind Franklin, Duke

Waitlisted: UIC (top 20 of the waitlist)
Interviews: Mayo Clinic, Rosalind Franklin (withdrew - same day as NUPT open house)

One of my last updates most likely until I make a final decision. I've been told that UIC generally takes around 30-some people off their waitlist, so I just have to wait for the hopefully inevitable acceptance. fingers crossed!

Last edited: