GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Undergrad: Gonzaga University
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.46
Pre-Req GPA: 3.29
GRE: 570V 720Q 3.5A

Extra-Curriculars: EXSC Club Secretary

Rehab Hours: 300+ hours Outpatient Orthopedic as a PT Aide/Intern at 2 different locations, ~20 hours Inpatient Skilled Nursing Facility

Applied to: USC, Chapman, Western, MSMC, LLU, CSUN, CSUS, CSULB

Acceptances: USC, Chapman, MSMC

Rejections: None yet

Interviews: LLU

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Undergrad: University of Central Florida
Major: Health Sciences - Pre-Clinical Allied Health
Overall GPA: 3.44
Pre-Req GPA: 3.33
GRE: 570V 430Q 4A

Volunteer: 200+ outpatient private practice sports medicine 150+ hours inpatient rehabilitation

Applied to: UNF, St. Augustine, FIU, NSU, Hunter, LIU, Stony Brook

Acceptances: LIU

Waitlist: NSU

Rejections: Hunter

Interviews: Hunter, LIU, St. Augustine, Stony Brook, NSU

Last edited:
University: WSC
Major: Sports Medicine
Overall GPA: 2.9
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-ish, little higher
GRE: 920, 4.0

Extra-Curric: Shadow at a ped/young adult care facility, Sports Med. club, Personal Care Attendant, Camp Counselor, Gymnastics Teacher, high school coach, cadaver labs

Volunteer: boston marathon, meet coordinator.

Acceptances: none yet ... just applied to USA so far, might apply to ATSU and Nova.

Rejections: none yet

Interviews: none yet

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE:
University: Oklahoma Christian University
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: 610Q 420V 4.0W
Volunteer: 100 hours outpatient, 30 hours inpatient

Applied to: A.T Still, Franklin Pierce(Goodyear), Chapman, UofNew England, Regis, Temple

Acceptances: ATStill, UNE, Temple

Rejections: None

Interviews:Franklin Pierce, UNE, ATStill, Temple, Regis (withdrew)

Update

Has anyone else applied/heard from the University of Miami? I received an email that said my application had been reviewed and they are waiting for my fall grades to make a decision. Has anyone gotten a similar email or gotten an interview or been rejected?
I have an interview in February, I heard a few weeks ago after submitting to PTCAS in early November. Hope this helps!

GPA: 3.299
GRE: 640Q/440V/3.0AW
Observation hours: 200+ outpatient/pediatric/hospital

Applied to: U.Iowa, Des Moines, St. Ambrose, U.Puget Sound, Chapman, Pacific U., Midwestern

Rejections: St.Ambrose

Interviews: I have an interview for University of Iowa this friday Jan. 8th! Interview for Des Moines Feb.5!

I am a reapplicant this year...I retook my GRE's and increased them...and took a couple extra classes...and kept volunteering! Patience and perserverence pays off and I am one step closer to my dream!

Last edited:
Congrats on your acceptance to MSMC, rdulay8! When did MSMC receive your PTCAS application? I applied to them and have been anxiously waiting to hear back! Also, I see you go to Gonzaga U! I had a few friends go there :)

University: Illinois State University
Major: Theatre :cool:
Overall GPA: 3.34
Pre-Req GPA: 3.62
GRE: 780 Q, 570V, 4.5 AW

Extra-Curric: Special Olympics volunteer, volunteer vet. tech. at cat shelter, full-time work took most of my time

Volunteer: 57 pediatric, 21 inpatient SCI, 15 outpatient ortho

Applied: Northwestern, UIC, Rosalind Franklin, Midwestern

Interviews: Rosalind Franklin, Midwestern

WAITLIST: Midwestern (withdrew application after acceptance from schools in city), Northwestern, UIC

Acceptances: Northwestern, UIC

Rejections: Rosalind Franklin

Last edited:
Just got accepted to Shenandoah University! Whoopeee! Never thought the day would finally come when I could post an acceptance in this thread :D !!!

I just got accepted to Shenandoah as well! I was impressed during my visit and I am pretty confident that I am going.

I just got accepted to Shenandoah as well! I was impressed during my visit and I am pretty confident that I am going.

Congratulations!! I was very impressed as well, and am def. considering accepting. Have an interview at Marymount next weekend, so we'll see how they stack up to Shenandoah's program, facilities, etc. Was also really impressed by how happy the current students were. What day did you interview? I went last thurs. for the afternoon session- interview was really intense, so I'm happy as a clam to hear the good word. Perhaps I'll see you soon...:)

Congratulations!! I was very impressed as well, and am def. considering accepting. Have an interview at Marymount next weekend, so we'll see how they stack up to Shenandoah's program, facilities, etc. Was also really impressed by how happy the current students were. What day did you interview? I went last thurs. for the afternoon session- interview was really intense, so I'm happy as a clam to hear the good word. Perhaps I'll see you soon...:)

Thanks and congrats to you as well! I was in the afternoon session on that Thursday as well, so I'm sure we would recognize each other. I have an interview at Marymount as well, but I may decline. It is a long way for me to make the trip from Michigan again and I am just happy to be in somewhere for now.

I also had an interview at Shenandoah last Thursday! I am sure I saw you there! Congratulations on your acceptance! I also got an E mail with my acceptance! I am so excited! I never thought this day would come. They were not my chop choice but after visiting the school and going through the interview process I was really impressed with the school. I can definitely see myself going there but I am still keeping my options open. Unfortunately we only have a month to decide!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cumulative GPA: 3.75
Science GPA: 3.6
GRE: 450 V 450 M 4 A

Clinical Experience: 3,500 hours in outpatient physical therapy with orthopedics, rheumatology, gerantology, and sports medicine. 42 hours inpatient physical therapy in Neuro-Rehab/TBI and Pulmonary/Infections Diseases.

PT Schools: Army Baylor, University of Maryland, University of St. Augustine, Old Dominion, Shenandoah, University of North Carolina, Elon

Interviews: Shenandoah

Rejections: 0

Acceptances: Shenandoah!!!

I also had an interview at Shenandoah last Thursday! I am sure I saw you there! Congratulations on your acceptance! I also got an E mail with my acceptance! I am so excited! I never thought this day would come. They were not my chop choice but after visiting the school and going through the interview process I was really impressed with the school. I can definitely see myself going there but I am still keeping my options open. Unfortunately we only have a month to decide!

Hi there and congratulations! Thurs. must have been the right day to go on (I originally had been invited for a december interview and had to reschedule-glad I did:) It wasn't my top choice at first either, but like you all, I was sold after the interview/tour. I'm still awaiting ODU's response along with some others too, but if I got rejected by the other 3 schools, at least I know I'd be happy at SU. Again, cheers. Glad to see something positive on the message board.

I also got accepted to Shenandoah a week ago! I was in the Thursday morning interview session. I've also just recently heard back from VCU and ODU and got accepted there also. :)

Having lots of trouble making this decision! Anyone have any insight?

Undergrad: University of Central Florida
Major: Health Sciences - Pre-Clinical Allied Health
Overall GPA: 3.44
Pre-Req GPA: 3.33
GRE: 570Q 430V 4A

Volunteer: 200+ outpatient private practice sports medicine 150+ hours inpatient rehabilitation

Applied to: UNF, St. Augustine, FIU, NSU, Hunter, LIU, Stony Brook

Acceptances: LIU

Interviews: Hunter, LIU, St. Augustine, Stoney Brook, NSU[/QUOTE]

University: Bowling Green State University
Major: Athletic Training
Overall GPA: 3.90
Pre-Req GPA: 3.80
GRE: 500 V, 600 Q, 4.5 A

Extra-Curric: University Honors Program, Member of Panhellenic Sorority (4yrs), Sorority-VP (1.5 yrs), Sorority-Philanthropy Chair (1 yr), Dance Marathon (2 yrs), Health Sciences Residential Community (4 yrs), Honors Student Association, Order of Omega, Gamma Sigma Alpha, and Red Cross Club

Work: Patient Care Technician on various hospital units (~2 yrs), Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (~6 yrs)

PT Experience: 900+ hrs as intern at 2 different outpatient ortho/sports med facilities, 100 hrs inpatient observation

Acceptances: Northwestern, UIC, Central Michigan, Grand Valley, Oakland, UM Flint

Rejections: none

Interviews: Grand Valley, Rosalind Franklin (declined), Univ of Toledo (declined)

Also applied to Wayne State, but have not received anything thus far...

I am very excited to attend Northwestern in the fall!! :)

UPDATED 1-22-10

University
- UW- Madison
Degree- BS Dance
GPA- 3.3
Pre-req GPA- 3.0
GRE- 590v 770a 4.5aw

Extracurricular- Habitat for humanity, Relay for Life, Ski and Snowboard club instructor, running club

Volunteer- 60 hours acute care, 20 hours Pediatric outpatient, 50 hours inpatient geriatric

Waiting on- Temple, NAU, Chapman, VCU, Old Dominion, Bellarmine, URI

Accepted- Shenandoah U.

Rejected- Belmont, WVU, Marymount, Chatham, Utah, UNC

Interviews- Shenandoah (phone), Regis (1/29), MGH (phone)

Now that I have at least one acceptance, I'm really only hoping for acceptance/interviews form my top schools! Any other rejections, eh, that's fine.

I updated mine. I got accepted to Shenandoah!! I have an interview with Regis next week and am really hopeful!

Hey kttdancer, I didn't realized MGH did phone interviews. When did you have yours? I also got an interview offer, but it didn't mention anything about being able to do it over the phone.

Hey kttdancer, I didn't realized MGH did phone interviews. When did you have yours? I also got an interview offer, but it didn't mention anything about being able to do it over the phone.

Skibum- most schools won't just *offer* phone interviews. They want you to come to their school to get a better feel for the program and to get a better chance to get to know you. I had extenuating circumstances of being my cousin's maid of honor on the weekend they are offering interviews, so they offered me a phone interview.

a question for some of you - not a boast post; i'm genuinely curious in some answers from prospective students, as well as some who may have attended these programs:

if you had to choose between these three DPT programs, factoring in just about anything you think relevant, which one would you attend?

-Hunter
-Columbia
-NYU

thanks.

Skibum- most schools won't just *offer* phone interviews. They want you to come to their school to get a better feel for the program and to get a better chance to get to know you. I had extenuating circumstances of being my cousin's maid of honor on the weekend they are offering interviews, so they offered me a phone interview.

Oh ok, thanks I was just curious! The flight is really long/expensive for me so that's why I was wondering. But I do really want to see the school/program so I have already bought a plane ticket. Good luck on your interview!

Hunter....it is soooooo much cheaper than the other schools!!! Almost all of the profs are graduates of NYU, so you are sure to get a good education!

There is no difference in the programs - obviously they all have to meet the standard of APTA, so honestly it wont matter where you get your degree...Affiliations are pretty much the same everywhere, and if you have some place in mind, Hunter they will arrange everything for you

..And....and just think of what you can do with those extra 80K or more if you go to Hunter!!! I have to say, its a hard choice...It might seem counter-intuitive, but competition for Hunter is even higher than to the other 2 schools...everyone wants to save $$$! Oh, and did i mention the 28-30 students? Vs 40 @ NYU and 60 @ Columbia....Hunter sounds like the deal to me!

if you had to choose between these three DPT programs, factoring in just about anything you think relevant, which one would you attend?
-Hunter
-Columbia
-NYU

Hunter. Excellent education; the DPT program is on par with the two private schools and for a fraction of the cost.

thanks guys. hunter's been my 1st choice all through the application process; i just wanted to make sure i wasn't going to miss out on any major advantages available through the other programs (i can't think of any, but wanted to see if you all had any advice).

I think you should hurry up and send in your deposit! :)
But yeah, i doubt there are any disadvantages to Hunter and..honestly, if i had the choice b/w those programs, I'd also choose Hunter

Undergrad: Penn State (UPark)
Major: Kinesiology
PTCAS Mailing Date: August 15th
PTCAS GPA: 3.52
Pre-req GPA: 3.45
Note: I had a 2.5 Fresh Year @ 28 Credits in Metorology. 3.85 Overall in Kines @ 114 credits
GRE: 650 (Q), 630 (V), 4.5 (Writing)

PT Experiences: Over 1,200 Hrs: Multiple Settings.

Applying: Pitt, Chatham, Old Dominion, Miami, Maryland-Balt Count, George Wash, and Duke

Acceptances: George Washington, Old Dom, Maryland Balt, Chatham
Waitlist: Pitt
Interviews: Miami 2/12 <~ 90% Sure im declining
Under Review: Duke

*I called Pitt about their decision, and they said I didn't have enough hours experience in what they are looking for and that's what it came down to. I find it funny that I have worked (600+) in the Out/In patient PT center at... their own medical center. I guess working at UPMC is not considered a good working experience to get into Pitt. I know I have average stats, but just thought it was funny that it came down to experience. I wonder what they think of their clinicals haha.

Good Luck too ALL!!!

Just got the good word from Marymount! Whoohoo! Interviewed on Sat- gotta give it to them for being prompt on the decision making..

University: Wittenberg University
Overall GPA: 3.19
Pre-Req GPA: 3.30
GRE: 1020

Extra-Curric: Union Board, Student Senate, Golf

Volunteer: 120 hours (in/out-patient, neuro, pediatric, and nursing home)

Acceptances: UD

Rejections: GVSU, Temple

Interviews: UD, UofM, OU

Nice, i was a Wittenberg student as well

University: Wittenberg University
Major: Business
Minors: Econ, History, Environ studies
Overall GPA: 3.43
Pre-Req GPA: 3.85
GRE: 410 V, 730 Q, 4 A

Experience: 500+ hrs (Volunteer/Work Outpatient) 20 hrs inpatient

Acceptances: Shenandoah, Bellarmine

Interviews: Shenandoah, Bellarmine, Marymount (declined)

Going to Shenandoah in the fall

University: Binghamton University
Major: Biochemistry
Minors: N/A
Overall GPA: 3.07
Pre-Req GPA: 3.90
GRE: 530 V, 640 Q

Extra-Curric: Quasi Dance Crew Choreographer, IFD Choreographer, Men's Club Soccer and Fitness Coach, Ballroom Team, Barrio Dance Choreographer, Student Athletic Trainer, Bearcat Hooligans founder, Resident Assistant

Volunteer: 50 Hrs Inpatient @ Westchester Medical Center, 300+ Full time PT Aide @ private sports/orthopedic clinic

Acceptances: NYU

Rejections: CUNY Hunter

Interviews: NYU, CUNY Hunter, Stony Brook

... waiting on USC, Columbia, LIU, SUNY Downstate. Am really surprised I got into NYU and not CUNY... kind of surprised I got accepted at all, lol

Last edited:
^^ Congrats on your NYU acceptance however, its not really much of a suprise you got rejected from hunter considering hunters very steep competition. NYU is just way too much. Nevertheless, its a great school.

University: Stony Brook University
Minor: Child and Family Studies
Overall GPA: 3.91
Pre-Req GPA: 3.95
GRE: 520 V, 750 Q, 4.5 A

Experience: Around 300 hrs (Volunteer/Work Outpatient clinic) 70 hrs inpatient

Extracurriculars: Ballroom dance, International Relations Society, Science and Society Council, Choir, RA for psych lab Freshman and Sophomore years, RA for pathology lab Junior and Senior years,

Applied to: Stony Brook, Temple, Arcadia, Columbia, MGH, University of Pittsburgh

Acceptances: Arcadia, Columbia, Pitt

Interviews: Columbia, Stony Brook (retracted application before interview), MGH (retracted application before interview)

Haven't heard back from Temple yet but I'm about to email them and retract application.

99% sure I'm going to Columbia. 0.7% Arcadia. 0.3% Pitt.

(btw, for anybody interested in Arcadia, I emailed them about their decision because I hadn't heard back from them and they apologized and said that they were having some technical difficulties and I had been accepted a week ago)

I fear that I've spent too much time reading this thread and it has crushed what little hope I had of acceptance.

Slippery Rock University
Exercise Science
GPA: 2.66 (PTCAS) 3.46 (SRU) 3.64( major)
Mine is a unique situation. 29 years old, Army veteran. Bombed a year of college (which warped all my PTCAS calculations - my GPA goes from 2.66 to 3.48 if you ignore my four semester "frosh year" at Pitt)

GRE: 600 V 740 Q 5.0 A

Volunteer: 50+ inpatient, 50+ outpatient

Extracurricular: military service, employment in the health field as a nurse aid in assisted living, a chropractic assistant, and as a certified massage therapist.

Applied: Pitt, UDel,, WashU StL, WVU, Mayo, Duquesne, Thomas Jefferson

Accepted: Wash U

Rejected Mayo, UDel

Waiting: TJ, Duwuesne, WVU, Pitt...going to Wash U unless I get a surprise from Pitt!!!

Last edited:
Geeves,

I'd like to start by saying thanks for serving our country, it means a lot to me and my family. With that said, I was in the same boat as you (aside from the military part =0). I Jazzed up my freshman year (2.5GPA, 28credits, in meteorology). However, after switching to kinesiology, I made out a lot better and increased my GPA. I got into 5/7 schools and waitlisted at Pitt, and waiting on Duke still. What I did over those 3 years was increase my GPA as high as I can, try to get A's in all my prereqs, get PT experience in all settings acute, outpatient, homehealth, retirement homes (even if its only for 10-20hrs), try to get over a 1200 GRE, extracurricular activities, and anything else that will benefit.

Based on your ptcas GPA, I assume some of your prereqs are not where you want them to be grade wise. I would take the lowest grades (any C's) and retake them at a cheap cheap cheap community college, also maybe get some more experience hours in, and apply to some schools outside of PTCAS application. The schools you applied to are all top tier schools, and even with messing up just your freshmen year, it will still be hard to get into any top 20 school. Especially, since they are all getting close to 1,000 applications each through PTCAS and only 30-50 kids get chosen. I see you went to Slippery Rock, great school outside the PTCAS, its worth applying to.

Best of luck to yea, if your not comfortable with your stats... then improve them, GPA, while a major factor, is not the entire makeup to their decisions.

Thanks rlw.

That being said, here's a few things i think i think...

Doesn't a guy get a little slack for having the bad parts of his academic career be so long ago? (Two of my four ugly semesters were 10 years ago before I joined the service and i retook a fair number of those to improve the grades)

Think i should include that time i spent working in assisted living in my experience hours for PTCAS?

My prereqs - repeated classes is the issue - if PTCAS replaced repeated grades rather than counting every single one, all my GPA's would be at least .75 higher. In the dozen or so core prereqs I got three C's (chem, chem, and a & p)...I actually tried to retake A&P this semester, but I have one last semester of VA benefits, and they wont count a repeated class towards my full-time status...yaddayadda i wouldve had to add yet another class.

I'd like to think the schools would pay much more attention to the guy who has had a 3.5 while attending class for the last 8 consecutive semesters, did well on his gpa and can write a mean essay than the guy who had a terrible freshman year 10 years ago.

One last thought...the only ranking I have ever seen is US News...do you know of others? I hadnt considered some of my schools as top 20, perhaps you know something I dont?

Undergrad: outside the country
Major: Geochemistry
Overall GPA: 3.65
Pre-Req GPA: ~ 3.5 (4 courses in progress)
GRE: 590V 800Q 3.5A

Extra-Curriculars: ortho-neuro volunteer in a local hospital

Rehab Hours: 91hours outpatient orthopedic clinic, 30 hours inpatient hospitcal

Applied to: NAU, GSU, ATStill, Nazareth, Puget Sound, Midwestern, FGCU, NGCSU, Nova, USA, Mayo

Acceptances: GSU, Puget Sound, FGCU

Rejections: MaryMount, Mayo, ATStill

Interviews: Nazareth (Waitlisted), NAU, Midwestern, UNE(declined), USD(declined), UMary(declined), Nova (decined)

Will go to Puget Sound!

Last edited:
UPDATED 2/5

Undergrad:
Northwestern University
Major: Communication Studies, dance and psych minors
(PTCAS) GPA: 3.52
Pre-req GPA: 3.82 (about half completed, the rest are in progress/planned for spring)
GRE: 630 (Q), 560 (V), 5 (Writing)

PT Experiences: 600+ paid aide at outpatient clinic, 15 hours in special needs elementary school, 8 hours inpatient at Northwestern Memorial, 15 hours outpatient neuro clinic, 15 hours on-site professional dance physical therapy, 20 hours at other outpatient clinics, 10 hours at a canine rehabilitation center w/certified PTA (although this fell under "volunteer" experience, not PT experience on PTCAS)

Applying: Mayo Clinic, Northwestern, UIC, Midwestern, Rosalind Franklin, Duke

Acceptances: Northwestern, UIC
Waitlisted: UIC (top 20 of the waitlist)
Interviews: Mayo Clinic (withdrew), Rosalind Franklin (withdrew), Midwestern (withdrew)

Decision:
Northwestern (like 99% sure...I was at 100% but then I got off UIC's waitlist and realized how much money it'd save me - I have to calculate some things to make sure I can afford NU)

PTCAS mailing date: October 6th.

My biggest issue is almost all my prereq courses are from community college, some of which are in progress (chem II, physics II, both lab bios, physiology, calc) since I didn't decide to go the PT route until my senior year of college. I'm hoping that won't hurt me too much though.

Updated for the last time. (for real this time)...unless I hear back from Duke. Is it weird I haven't heard anything from them? Not like I'd move to NC anyway, but it'd be nice to be wanted! lol.

Major: Pre-Physical Therapy
Minors: Biology and Music
Overall GPA: 3.69
Pre-Req GPA: 3.89
GRE: 510 V, 740 Q, 4 A

Volunteer/ PT Experience
(International and U.S facilities): Approximately 300 hours of outpatient, inpatient, geriatrics, pediatrics, Neuro. Others: Occupational therapy. hand therapy, podiatry

Acceptances:
Northwestern, Boston University, NYU, Columbia, Duke, USC

Interviews: Duke, NYU, Columbia, Chatham (Decline)

Not sure where I'm going to go! Decisions, decisions :eek: Any advice? Narrowed to my choices down to Northwestern, Columbia or Duke. Good luck to the rest :luck:

Last edited:
Major: Pre-Physical Therapy
Minors: Biology and Music
Overall GPA: 3.69
Pre-Req GPA: 3.89
GRE: 510 V, 740 Q, 4 A

Volunteer/ PT Experience
(International and U.S facilities): Approximately 300 hours of outpatient, inpatient, geriatrics, pediatrics, Neuro. Others: Occupational therapy. hand therapy, podiatry

Acceptances:
Northwestern, Boston University, NYU, Columbia, Duke

Interviews: Duke, NYU, Columbia, Chatham (Decline)

Waiting on: USC (Applied for the fun of it)

Not sure where I'm going to go! Decisions, decisions :eek: Any advice? Narrowed to my choices down to NU, Columbia or Duke. Good luck to the rest :luck:
Well between NYU and Columbia, I'd definitely say Columbia. I really can't think of anything that NYU has to offer that Columbia doesn't. Unless you enjoy paying more money... Then again I'm going to Columbia so I might be biased lol. I really don't know anything about Duke, except that it's a great name so you probably won't go wrong with it.

Undergrad: Gonzaga University
Overall GPA: 3.46
Pre-Req GPA: 3.29
GRE: 570V 720Q 3.5A

Extra-Curriculars: EXSC Club Secretary

Rehab Hours: 300+ hours Outpatient Orthopedic as a PT Aide/Intern at 2 different locations, ~20 hours Inpatient Skilled Nursing Facility

Applied to: USC, Chapman, Western, MSMC, LLU, CSUN, CSUS, CSULB

Acceptances: USC, Chapman, MSMC

Interviews: LLU

Update 2/6

Undergrad: Penn State (UPark)
Major: Kinesiology
PTCAS Mailing Date: August 15th
PTCAS GPA: 3.52
Pre-req GPA: 3.45
Note: I had a 2.5 Fresh Year @ 28 Credits in Metorology. 3.85 Overall in Kines @ 114 credits
GRE: 650 (Q), 630 (V), 4.5 (Writing)

PT Experiences: Over 1,200 Hrs: Multiple Settings.

Applying: Pitt, Chatham, Old Dominion, Miami, Maryland-Balt Count, George Wash, and Duke

Acceptances: George Washington, Old Dom, Maryland Balt, Chatham
Waitlist: Pitt
Interviews: Miami 2/12 <~ 90% Sure im declining
Under Review: Duke

*I called Pitt about their decision, and they said I didn't have enough hours experience in what they are looking for and that's what it came down to. I find it funny that I have worked (600+) in the Out/In patient PT center at... their own medical center. I guess working at UPMC is not considered a good working experience to get into Pitt. I know I have average stats, but just thought it was funny that it came down to experience. I wonder what they think of their clinicals haha.

Good Luck too ALL!!!
rlw237 I also applied to Pitt and Chatham. I went to the regular decision interview for Chatham a few weeks ago, still waiting to hear from them. I noticed that you heard back from PITT, im sorry to hear that they didnt think that was enough experience thats is ridiculous! I am still waiting to hear from them as well, I was wondering when you submitted your PTCAS app?

Undergrad: LSU in Baton Rouge
Major: Business Management
Overall GPA: 3.35
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4
GRE: 470V 620Q 4.5A

Extra-Curriculars: ehh.. i worked a lot. =)

Rehab Hours: 1300+ hours inpatient (geriatric) hospital (worked as technician), 32 hours outpatient neuromedical clinic(volunteer)

Applied to: LSU in New Orleans, LSU in Shreveport, Univ. of South Alabama

Acceptances: LSU in New Orleans!! :D

Alternate List: LSU in Shreveport

Rejections: n/a

Interviews: LSU in N.O., LSU in Shreveport, cancelled interview at South Alabama (after getting accepted in LSU-NO)

I'm a second career guy. I'm 27 now and I'm so pumped that I got into my first choice at a competitive school with what I would call slightly below average stats. Work hard at your volunteer/tech jobs and work hard on your interview questions.. Good luck to everyone!

It's a relief to finally know what my options are!

Undergrad: Bellarmine University
Major:
Psychology
Minor:
Business Administration
Overall GPA:
Pre-Req GPA:
GRE:
580V 620Q 4.0A

Extra-Curriculars:
Pre-PT club, biology club, psychology club, student theater

Volunteer:
28 hours inpatient (SNF) and 18 hours outpatient at a sports medicine clinic

Applied to:
Northwestern, Bellarmine, Chapman, Boston, and LIU

Acceptances: Bellarmine, Chapman, and Boston

Rejections: Northwestern

Interviews: LIU (declined)

I was a little bummed about not getting into NU (it was my first choice). I'm just trying to figure out where to go now. If anyone's familiar with either Boston or Chapman's program, I'd appreciate the insight.

Undergrad: Brigham Young University
Major:
Geographic Information Systems
Overall GPA:
Pre-Req GPA: 3.91
GRE:
Did not take

Volunteer:
75 hours ortho

Applied to: Utah

Acceptances: None

Alternate List: Utah

I wish I knew how many alternates Utah sent letters to and where I was on the list. :(

Just updating!
Now to decide where to go...I think I'm deciding between MGH and UCSF. Any thoughts would be appreciated =)

Update 2/11

University: University of Montana
University Major: Exercise Science, Pre-PT
Minor: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.62 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.43
GRE: 480V 650Q 4.0AW

Extra-Curric: Study abroad in Australia, Resident Assistant, Golden Key Honor Society - President (various food/toiletry drives, etc), teach ski lessons (winter break), secretary at insurance agency (summer), study abroad ambassador, Flagship program, Alpine Ski Team, Relay for Life.

Volunteer: 220 hours outpatient, 163 hours inpatient/nursing home, 80 hours in Australian clinic

Applications: MGH, Boston U, Northern Arizona, U of Montana, Idaho State, UCSF/SFSU, U of Washington, Puget Sound

Acceptances: BU, ISU, UCSF/SFSU, MGH

Waitlist: UCSF/SFSU (top 5 alternate)

Rejections: NAU

Interviews: UCSF/SFSU, MGH (2/6), UM (3/6)

Hey! I was accepted to Boston as well. I visited the school last weekend and I really like it. The facilities were super nice (all in one building) and the faculty and students seems great. The curriculum seemed good as well, I like that you have half days in the clinic starting your first year. But it is pretty expensive!!

It's a relief to finally know what my options are!

Undergrad: Bellarmine University
Major:
Psychology
Minor:
Business Administration
Overall GPA:
Pre-Req GPA:
GRE:
580V 620Q 4.0A

Extra-Curriculars:
Pre-PT club, biology club, psychology club, student theater

Volunteer:
28 hours inpatient (SNF) and 18 hours outpatient at a sports medicine clinic

Applied to:
Northwestern, Bellarmine, Chapman, Boston, and LIU

Acceptances: Bellarmine, Chapman, and Boston

Rejections: Northwestern

Interviews: LIU (declined)

I was a little bummed about not getting into NU (it was my first choice). I'm just trying to figure out where to go now. If anyone's familiar with either Boston or Chapman's program, I'd appreciate the insight.