GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmmm have you heard anything else about them interviewing the next batch of people. I got like zero notifications from them. :(

When I got a call for my interview, they said they hadn't created the next date for interviews yet. So once they create those dates I am sure you will get a call :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
University: East Tennessee State University
Major: Exercise Science (minored in Psychology)
Overall GPA: 3.67
GRE: 152 V, 153 Q, 4 W

Extra-Curric: Sigma Kappa (has 5 philanthropies so took up most of my free time)

Volunteer: 260 hours shadowing outpatient pediatrics and acute care within the neurology unit

Applied: WashU, Boston University, University of St. Augustine, Belmont, Pacific University

Rejections: none (haven't heard from Boston or Pacific yet)

Interviews: USA, Belmont

Accepted: Belmont, WashU, and USA

Attending: Belmont!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
University: East Tennessee State University
Major: Exercise Science (minored in Psychology)
Overall GPA: 3.67
GRE: 152 V, 153 Q, 4 W

Extra-Curric: Sigma Kappa (has 5 philanthropies so took up most of my free time)

Volunteer: 260 hours shadowing outpatient pediatrics and acute care within the neurology unit

Applied: WashU, Boston University, University of St. Augustine, Belmont, Pacific University

Rejections: none (haven't heard from Boston or Pacific yet)

Interviews: USA, Belmont

Accepted: Belmont, WashU, and USA

Attending: Belmont!!!
Hey! I was also accepted to Wash U and Belmont. I am trying to decide between the two. What made you choose Belmont over Wash U?

School: BYU-Idaho
Major: General Studies
Minor: Child Development
Cumulative GPA: 3.3 (last 60 credits: 3.7)
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 153Q 156V 4.5AWA
LOR: 1 professor, 2 OT’s
Observation hours: 100 total in hand therapy, adult neuro, pediatric outpatient, in-school setting, SNF, hippotherapy
Experiences/volunteer: owned and operated a home-based preschool (non-traditional student here!), aide for my elderly grandma, taught children and youth for 7+ years in an ecclesiastical setting, volunteered at local hippotherapy center for those with special needs.

Applying: Salus, Moravian, Shenandoah, AT Still, TWU, St. Augustine (Austin), Missouri State, Pace
Interviews: Salus (9/23), St. Augustine (10/25)
Acceptances: Salus (10/3)
Rejections: N/A

I was VERY nervous considering I have been out of school for over 10 years (except for prerequisites) and my stats are less than stellar, but I think being given the opportunity to interview and really show my dedication and passion to education and OT really helped me, at least with my first acceptance. I hope this gives anyone with average stats some hope. Good luck everyone!
It really does! Thank you so much!

Has anyone heard back from UIC? I thought they were supposed to send out some in December
My email when they got my application said some starting in December but on their website said some starting early January. But those would only be for sure denies or sure admits. So I’m not sure.

I have interviews at Boston and Rush, but have not yet heard back from UIC. I will keep you updated on the interview process! I applied very early (September), so I was eligible for the first round of interviews, but I believe most schools have multiple rounds!

I had an interview at Rush on December 16 and was told I will hear back in February and I will have an interview at Boston on February 21st! I finished applying a little later (beginning of November), so I am probably in the second wave of interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
We have similar stats and I applied to a few of the same schools (Rush, UIC, Colorado). I haven't heard anything back from any of those places, but I know a few people have heard back from Rush about interviews in the last couple of weeks. When did you apply?

I finished applying in the first week of November! I have so far interviewed at Rush and am scheduled to interview at Boston in February. I think that I won't be hearing from the other schools until late February-March.

I just heard back the other day! I'm not sure when they started, but I know they send out notices until March 15th.
I have not heard back yet, but have heard that some people were accepted already! I hope you received good news :)

This is for all the low gpa people to not give up hope!!

University: Montclair State U
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.0 (Was a bio major at one point)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6-3.8
GRE: 299

Extra-Curric: sorority, worked in a school for children with autism, currently work in Early Intervention. Fosters kittens, works with autism of the seas.

Volunteer: 200ish hours in Peds, snf, EI and school settings

Applied: Thomas Jefferson, kean, pace, Iona, widener, Hofstra, moravian, gywendd mercy

waitlisted: Iona, Hofstra, Moravian

Acceptances: Widener, Iona(off of waitlist), Moravian (off of waitlist)

Rejections:Thomas Jefferson, Kean

Interviews: widener, Hofstra, Iona, Moravian, Pace (denied)

Attending: Moravian!

Last edited:
I got top 25 waitlisted at Elmhurst. Has anyone else heard anything?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Anyone heard anything from UF? Just curious if they sent out interview invites or anything. Thanks!

has anyone heard from u of i chicago?
Yes, I heard back last month! I recently visited and I forget the number they said, but they've denied a lot of people already and so if you haven't heard that you're denied, that's a great sign and you're still being considered! They said they have another committee meeting soon but essentially people will be hearing back right up until March 15th so don't lose hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, I heard back last month! I recently visited and I forget the number they said, but they've denied a lot of people already and so if you haven't heard that you're denied, that's a great sign and you're still being considered! They said they have another committee meeting soon but essentially people will be hearing back right up until March 15th so don't lose hope!
Ahh! it is so nerve-racking. It is so competitive! I hope you heard good news :)

did you receive an email with your decision status?

Yes, good news! And yes, I received an email :)

Yay so happy for you! I am really nervous because I scored in the 51 percentile for GRE ;( I have a 4.0 GPA but I am not sure if that will be able to make up for my low GRE. Congratulations on your OT journey! Hope you are receiving good news from all of your schools :)

Yay so happy for you! I am really nervous because I scored in the 51 percentile for GRE ;( I have a 4.0 GPA but I am not sure if that will be able to make up for my low GRE. Congratulations on your OT journey! Hope you are receiving good news from all of your schools :)
Your stats sound great, don't be nervous! They said they're big on experience so as long as you have a lot of that you should be fine.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Im new here and I am super nervous about this upcoming cycle.
University of Connecticut
Major: Allied Health Sciences
Minor: Psychology
cGPA: 3.41
pGPA: ~3.5 (varies based on schools)
GRE: 153v 150q and 4.0W

Extra-c:
Rugby Team (Fundraising chair and team member), Premier Science Fraternity (Historian and Allied Health Academic Mentor), studied abroad, volunteered at Royal Hospital Donneybrook while abroad as a patient companion

Jobs;
Rowing Coach (2017- present), Patient Care Assistant (2017-2018; patient died :( ), Miss Merry Mac's Educational Daycare (Sept. to present), Subway (ugh i know, 2017- present), Camp Counselor every summer from 2016 to 2019

Observation Hours: 16 in peds, and 35 in hand therapy

Appling to Brenau, Hofstra, St. Augustine, Salem State, Sacred Heart, Salus, University New England, and Iona

EDIT: Interviews: Brenau 12/7, UNE 11/26, Salus (declined, already accepted UNE), St. Augustine (declined, also already accepted UNE)

Acceptances: UNE!!! I interviewed at both Brenau and UNE. The Brenau program was good, but VERY expensive for a masters program, and it was all only contained in one building that wasn't even on the beautiful main campus. The UNE program has a gorgeous campus, engaging faculty, and all of the students were very personable and welcoming. I was very impressed by the program and I love the intersectionality days of all the different professions that they had! (also Portland was a LOT more exciting than Gainesville GA lol)

Brenau Interview: Group interview for ALL parts. Very easy questions, but it is hard to stand out. They ask a lot of questions and a lot of people answer the same (ex: i want to work with kids). Almost every person in my group answered that, so honestly even if kids are your passion, maybe try to differentiate yourself a bit and make yourself stand out.

UNE: Included a campus tour, a mock lecture, introduction to the faculty, and a 2 on one interview (that is 2 professionals: one professor and one OT from the community). Again was a simple interview, just make sure you come prepared with answers to all basic job interview questions.
- APPLY TO THIS SCHOOL: the faculty are the nicest people ever, and the facilities are amazing.... i cannot say enough good things!

I know that my statistics are super average, and I am also nervous because when I transferred, I only took anatomy and not the physiology semester and I am now presently taking A&P 1 and gonna take the second portion next semester. Im afraid that because those classes are not completed that I am gonna be far behind everyone else. Also I am just now submitting my applications for verification so I am also nervous that I am too late because I see a lot of people who are interviewing already.

Any advice/criticism/words of encouragement welcome

College: Lake Forest College
Major: Psychology and Communication

Overall GPA: 3.8

GRE: 5.5 AW, 152 Q and 155 V

Work Experience
  • One summer as a camp counselor at visually impaired camp
  • Rehab aide at outpatient clinic
Volunteer Experience:
  • 300 hours as a therapy assistant at hippotherapy clinic
  • 60 hours at inpatient setting
  • 60 hours in Emergency Department setting
  • 40 hours at pediatric clinic
Shadowing experience:
  • 8 hours inpatient setting
  • 16 hours at outpatient neurology setting
  • 20 hours at hand therapy clinic
  • 50 hours at skilled nursing facility
Applying to: USC, UIC, WUSTL, West Coast U, Dominican, UPS, UW Seattle, Midwestern U, Rush.

What do you guys think my chances are?

Work Experience
Volunteer Experience:
Shadowing experience:
Applying to: USC, UIC, WUSTL, West Coast U, Dominican, UPS, UW Seattle, Midwestern U, Rush.

You will be FINE!! All of your stats are really good, at this point it will come down to the interview, but seeing that you were a camp counselor (I was too!) im sure youll do great on that part. Applying this cycle or this coming cycle?

You will be FINE!! All of your stats are really good, at this point it will come down to the interview, but seeing that you were a camp counselor (I was too!) im sure youll do great on that part. Applying this cycle or this coming cycle?
I am applying this coming cycle and am just very nervous as everyone’s looks very competitive!

Work Experience
Volunteer Experience:
Shadowing experience:

I got into WUSTL and you have great stats!!

Shout out to anyone who has a low GPA or is a nontraditional student! This was my first year applying and I've gotten into 2 out of 4 schools I've applied to so far. Finding the stats of people with low GPAs was very encouraging and helpful for preparing for applications. Remember, it's not just about numbers! I felt like I really nailed my interviews for the schools I got into because I got to talk about my observation/work experiences.

Major: Art History and Studio Art
Undergrad GPA: 3.2
Pre-req GPA: 3.85
OTCAS GPA: 3.35

GRE
V149, Q153, AW4

Work
Server - 3 years (throughout college)
English teaching assistant in Spain - 1 year
RBT - 2.5 years
Para-educator at transition aged youth - 2 years

Observation
Private outpatient pediatric OT - 64 hrs
Public school OT - 50+ hrs
Outdoor peds OT - 30
Hand Therapy OT - 3 hrs
Outpatient hospital OT - 65 hrs
Inpatient acute OT/PT - 75 hrs

Volunteer
Student Ambassador for Study Abroad - 1 year
Vocational training for adults with developmental disabilities - 20 hours

Certifications
RBT
Behavioral Safety-Care
CPI

Applied to: Samuel Merritt, St. Augustine - San Marcos, Loma Linda, Dominican University
Interviews: All
Rejections: none
Waitlist: Samuel Merritt
Acceptances: St. Augustine - San Marcos, Dominican University

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else received an email from USC stating they need more information or documents in order to process your financial aid? I haven’t received a decision status yet so I am very confused.

Still haven't heard from Elmhurst, but I did email them last week and was told that they are still reviewing applications and are hoping to send out updated decisions by this week. Good luck to everyone!

Still haven't heard from Elmhurst, but I did email them last week and was told that they are still reviewing applications and are hoping to send out updated decisions by this week. Good luck to everyone!

What does updated decisions mean? I was put on the waitlist so I wonder if that applies to me or if it’s just for people who haven’t heard yet. I’m sorry that you haven’t heard yet, that must be annoying! One of my friends hasn’t heard back yet and she said she feels like they just forgot about her

What does updated decisions mean? I was put on the waitlist so I wonder if that applies to me or if it’s just for people who haven’t heard yet. I’m sorry that you haven’t heard yet, that must be annoying! One of my friends hasn’t heard back yet and she said she feels like they just forgot about her

Hmm, good question! I would assume they meant for those who are on the waitlist and those who have not heard back yet. I've seen that some people were accepted but I don't think everybody who was accepted chose this program, which would lead to updated decisions for those who are currently on the waitlist. Yeah it's pretty frustrating! I slightly felt that way too because the only communication I've had with them was for the interview and then nothing else.

Hmm, good question! I would assume they meant for those who are on the waitlist and those who have not heard back yet. I've seen that some people were accepted but I don't think everybody who was accepted chose this program, which would lead to updated decisions for those who are currently on the waitlist. Yeah it's pretty frustrating! I slightly felt that way too because the only communication I've had with them was for the interview and then nothing else.

Wow that is so crazy. I am so sorry. I think it’s weird that they finished accepting people before they went through all of the applications. I am so sorry that you have not heard back yet. Sending you good vibes and hoping you hear good news soon! :)

Wow that is so crazy. I am so sorry. I think it’s weird that they finished accepting people before they went through all of the applications. I am so sorry that you have not heard back yet. Sending you good vibes and hoping you hear good news soon! :)

Yeah it is a bit odd lol. Thank you!! Sending you positive vibes as well!! :) we got this!

UPDATED!!

School: University of Florida (B.S. in Psychology)
GPA: 3.51
pre-req GPA: 3.46
GRE: 152 V 158 Q 4.5 AW
Volunteering/Observing:
-45 hours in pediatric clinic
-40 hours in different pediatric clinic
-30 hours in NICU
- OT summer program at USC

Job:
-6 years as a day camp counselor
-1 year as a sleep away camp counselor

Letters of Rec:
1 ASL professor, 1 OT from USC, 1 Employer (boss from camp)

Extracurriculars
- in a service fraternity with over 100 hours of service the past 2 semesters
-volunteer in a dementia ward of a nursing home
-volunteer for 3 different organizations with kids
- Historian of the fraternity
- New Initiated Brother Educator of the fraternity
- Service Award for top 10 most service hours in the fraternity
- Dance Marathon Chair for the fraternity
- Pledge Advisor in the fraternity

Applied: USC, NYU, UIC, WashU,
UWashington, Thomas Jefferson, Elmhurst, St. Augustine (San Marcos)

Rejected: UIC, UW

Waitlisted: WashU, USC

Interview: Elmhurst (declined) , St. Augustine (declined)

Accepted: NYU!!!

Last edited:
Just got into my first school, so I thought I’d share my stats and everything!!!

School: University of Florida (B.S. in Psychology)
GPA: 3.51
pre-req GPA: 3.46
GRE: 152 V 158 Q 4.5 AW
Volunteering/Observing:
-45 hours in pediatric clinic
-40 hours in different pediatric clinic
-30 hours in NICU
- OT summer program at USC

Job:
-6 years as a day camp counselor
-1 year as a sleep away camp counselor

Letters of Rec:
1 ASL professor, 1 OT from USC, 1 Employer (boss from camp)

Extracurriculars
- in a service fraternity with over 100 hours of service the past 2 semesters
-volunteer in a dementia ward of a nursing home
-volunteer for 3 different organizations with kids
- Historian of the fraternity
- New Initiated Brother Educator of the fraternity
- Service Award for top 10 most service hours in the fraternity
- Dance Marathon Chair for the fraternity
- Pledge Advisor in the fraternity

Applied: USC, NYU, UIC, WashU,
UWashington, Thomas Jefferson, Elmhurst, St. Augustine (San Marcos)

Rejected: UIC

Waitlisted: WashU

Interview: Elmhurst (declined) , St. Augustine (declined)

Accepted: NYU!!!

Still waiting on USC and UW, but I am so so excited to have been accepted to NYU and now know I have a plan after graduation!!!

I was wondering when you applied and heard back, I applied to both WashU and UIC but haven't heard anything from either school yet!

I was wondering when you applied and heard back, I applied to both WashU and UIC but haven't heard anything from either school yet!
I applied to WashU on October 18th and heard back from them on November 27th. I applied to UIC on December 1st and heard back from them on February 3rd.

University: UIUC
Overall GPA: 3.4
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6-3.8
GRE: 147V 144Q 4W

Extra-Curric: college athletic team (1 year)
college club team (1 and 1/2 years)
leadership role in club (2 years)

Work: 500 hours as a rehab aide
320 hours as an intern in a veteran center on campus

Shadowing: 44 hours in an elementary school, 24 hours outpatient peds, 20 hours in hand therapy, 3 SNF
Total: 91

Volunteer: 30 hours at a hospital

Applied: Lewis U, North Central, Midwestern IL

Acceptances: Lewis U, North Central, Midwestern IL

Interviews: North Central, Midwestern IL

Hi! I was also recently accepted to Lewis! Will you be accepting the admissions offer?

Has anyone heard from UIC yet?
I was wondering the same thing. Yesterday I got an email from them that said they were doing a final check in and that they would have decisions made by at least March 15. It was basically looking for people that had already committed to other programs so that they could narrow their list of applicants down a bit.

I was wondering the same thing. Yesterday I got an email from them that said they were doing a final check in and that they would have decisions made by at least March 15. It was basically looking for people that had already committed to other programs so that they could narrow their list of applicants down a bit.
Yes, same here! I am hoping we hear before March 15 because the wait is killing me! I am hoping you hear good news :)

I am about to apply for the 2020-2021 cycle! Please let me know what you think my chances may be and what you recommend I improve on :) I am looking at all Texas to schools but prefer Texas Tech or TWU.

University: Oklahoma State University
Major: Health Education & Promotion
Overall GPA: 3.97
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9
GRE: 150 Q, 152 V, 3.5 W

Extra-Curric: I am an ambassador for my college, serve in my church, involved in Best Buddies, and work at summer camp.

Volunteer: less than I was planning on due to Corona but I currently have 32 cumulative hours from a hospital and pediatric clinic setting.

I'm worried about my low GRE scores and my lack of shadowing hours.

Reactions: 1 users
Here are my completed stats for the 2020-2021 application cycle, hope this helps anyone applying in the future!

University: University of Iowa
Major: Psychology (Aging and Longevity Studies Minor)
Overall GPA: 3.57 (OTCAS)
Most recent 60sh: roughly 3.84
Pre-Requisite GPA: (I couldn't find it on OTCAS) definitely above 3.5
GRE: 152v 156 q 4.5aw

Extra-curriculars:
~Pre-OT Club Exec Board
~Zeta Tau Alpha General Member

Volunteer and Observation hours: 171 total
~75 at a pediatric outpatient (observation)
~21 at hand therapy outpatient clinic (observation)
~75 at telemetry and ICU units at a local hospital (volunteer)

Applied to: Rush University, University of Pittsburgh, Midwestern University (Downers Grove), Chatham University, Huntington University, and IUPUI
Interview: Huntington U, Midwestern U, Chatham U, IUPUI, Rush U (declined my interview)
Alternate List: IUPUI (declined spot)
Accepted: Huntington U, Midwestern U, Chatham U, University of Pittsburgh!
Attending: University of Pittsburgh

Last edited:
Hi friends! I applied to Texas Tech in July and I am a little worried because they stated that they are doing rolling admissions, yet I still haven't heard from them. I understand I need to be patient and they could just be looking over a lot of applications, but I know I was one of the first few people to apply. Should I just wait it out, or should I send an e-mail in case they meant to contact me but I never received it?

Hi friends! I applied to Texas Tech in July and I am a little worried because they stated that they are doing rolling admissions, yet I still haven't heard from them. I understand I need to be patient and they could just be looking over a lot of applications, but I know I was one of the first few people to apply. Should I just wait it out, or should I send an e-mail in case they meant to contact me but I never received it?
I don't think there is any harm in reaching out. I reached out to most of my schools asking when I should expect to hear back!