GPR programs in the northeast?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

h_ap90

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am a dentist applying for GPR this application cycle 2020. I wanted to find out more about the programs in detail before applying. what is a good source??? the websites usually are vague in terms of procedures itself, number of implants and advanced proth: training
I am looking for a surgical heavy program as I am planning on furthering my education in surgery after I get more clarity through GPR about the hospital lifestyle. Please help

Members don't see this ad.

only thing i can say is avoid NYC. i've interviewed at so many ''good'' NYC programs yet, if you compare them to midwest/southwest they were barely doing anything. i felt like it was mostly cheap labor while all specialty programs got everything. choose a program where there is no specialty program if you want fun thing to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Phila VAMC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I mostly agree with post #3, but I would advise reaching out to each program and ask to speak with current residents. Many VAs will give you great prosth training as that's what veterans need. I've interviewed at many VAs for GPR and very few will let you place implants. For NYC, I know you will place implants at VA Bronx, Kings County, and Bellevue.

any information on programs in NJ, Penn, Maryland and Delaware

i am definitely looking for something with both pros and surgery exposure
want to pursue oral surgery after gpr and want to get that exposure before hand along with hospital training. any suggestions or thoughts on any programs in NJ PEnn or Maryland area??

Last edited: