GPR Programs NJ/NY/Philly area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supergenius310

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Currently a 1st year dental student. I was wondering if there are any residents with first hand experience with GPRs around the tri-state area that could give me some insight onto their programs. There isn't a whole lot of information available online ranking or reviewing any GPRs. My goal is to eventually enter a GPR program in the tri-state area in either NY, NJ, or Philly. I know it's still very early for me and it does depend on what I want to get out of the program such as OS, Implants, etc, but for just for my general understanding which GPR programs in these areas are reputable? I've heard some good things about Hackensack and Montefiore, but that's all I've got so far.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

Currently a 1st year dental student. I was wondering if there are any residents with first hand experience with GPRs around the tri-state area that could give me some insight onto their programs. There isn't a whole lot of information available online ranking or reviewing any GPRs. My goal is to eventually enter a GPR program in the tri-state area in either NY, NJ, or Philly. I know it's still very early for me and it does depend on what I want to get out of the program such as OS, Implants, etc, but for just for my general understanding which GPR programs in these areas are reputable? I've heard some good things about Hackensack and Montefiore, but that's all I've got so far.

Thanks
It depends on what you are looking for. There are trauma hospitals like St. Barn, Jamaica, Bellevue, Jacobi, Lincoln, Harlem, Woodhull; that get you some very interesting trauma experiences. There are those that focus on your clinical development, and those that just use you as scut. I like the ones that are easy to get too. Sometimes you get punished for not being able to get there in a snow storm. The program director at Jamaica hospital is strong and fair minded, she likes for you to be really well versed in dentistry and community.