Grad School courses as an undergrad and GPA calculations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ja312608

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
As part of my major, I have to take 15 credits at our graduate school. The grad school credits work a little different than out undergrad credits in that 3 grad credits = 2 undergrad credits. Would I include these credits in my undergrad cGPA or would I write them as if I went to grad school but never did a full degree?

Members don't see this ad.

I was in a similar boat, as I was in a 4+1 MPH program and had to take a few graduate level courses during undergrad. The graduate level courses I took during undergrad ended up counting towards my undergrad cGPA. The remainder of my MPH classes I took post-grad were counted towards my graduate GPA. I think that those classes would just count towards your undergrad cGPA, because you were an undergrad at the time you took them. I may be wrong about this, so it would be great if others could also share their experiences and perspectives. Best of luck preparing your application!

Reactions: 1 user