• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Grad School courses as an undergrad and GPA calculations

ja312608

Oct 15, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
As part of my major, I have to take 15 credits at our graduate school. The grad school credits work a little different than out undergrad credits in that 3 grad credits = 2 undergrad credits. Would I include these credits in my undergrad cGPA or would I write them as if I went to grad school but never did a full degree?

Shade1111

2+ Year Member
May 30, 2018
I was in a similar boat, as I was in a 4+1 MPH program and had to take a few graduate level courses during undergrad. The graduate level courses I took during undergrad ended up counting towards my undergrad cGPA. The remainder of my MPH classes I took post-grad were counted towards my graduate GPA. I think that those classes would just count towards your undergrad cGPA, because you were an undergrad at the time you took them. I may be wrong about this, so it would be great if others could also share their experiences and perspectives. Best of luck preparing your application!

Reactions: 1 user

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
As part of my major, I have to take 15 credits at our graduate school. The grad school credits work a little different than out undergrad credits in that 3 grad credits = 2 undergrad credits. Would I include these credits in my undergrad cGPA or would I write them as if I went to grad school but never did a full degree?
Since they are required for your UG degree, they get counted as part of uGPA. As for credits, how are the credits assigned to you? how are they weighted on your school's GPA

I was in a similar boat, as I was in a 4+1 MPH program and had to take a few graduate level courses during undergrad. The graduate level courses I took during undergrad ended up counting towards my undergrad cGPA. The remainder of my MPH classes I took post-grad were counted towards my graduate GPA. I think that those classes would just count towards your undergrad cGPA, because you were an undergrad at the time you took them. I may be wrong about this, so it would be great if others could also share their experiences and perspectives. Best of luck preparing your application!

That is about right. specifically if the grad course work counts towards a UG degree, it is part of uGPA. If you took grad courses while a UG but they didnt count to UG degree, they would would be grad GPA

https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fast..._amcas_2021_applicant_guide_42220.pdf#page=35
Assign Graduate (GR) status to any professional or graduate-level coursework that is not applied to an undergraduate degree

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.