grade forgiveness programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IHeartGoldens

TUSVM c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll

I know its been discussed before but I can't seem to find it..
What schools offer grade forgiveness type programs?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I know NCSU has an "alternative eligibility' program. They have GPA cut offs so if you fall below those minimum GPA requirements you would be immediately discarded from their applicant pool. However you can request to be reviewed under this alternative eligibility thing. Then they will look at what you've done in the last 45 credit hours (for example), and any additional qualities you bring to the program in making their decision.

Illinois will get rid of grades from prior to the semester of a specific year, but if you have classes that you want to include in your gpa from that time, you can't use it.

Members don't see this ad :)
NCSU does note that it's program won't work if your GPA is significantly lower than the cut off, if there isn't a clear reason for the lower GPA, and if the applicant isn't exceptional in all other areas. At least, that is what they told us during the information session a year or so ago.

I am pretty sure I remember the presentation from Mississippi stated they would "forget your freshman year". Check them out too!

i dont remember if it was vmcas or if was during my supplementals, but you can say that you want them to ignore everything from 6 yrs ago and before that. i was thinking of doing that....since i did REALLY bad one year at a university....but i decided not to do it because it made me who i was. i learned from it and i wrote about it in my explanation statement.

good luck!