Grade Forgiveness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TurkDorian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question.

In my freshmen year, All of my grades were in the A- to A+ range except one; I received a C- in Physics 1. This dropped my average from approximately 3.9 to a 3.5 (or something around that, I forget the exact numbers). Anyways, I was wondering if you guys knew of any schools that maybe dropped your lowest 2 grades or had some sort of policy like that. Also, I took Physics 2 and received a B+ (It was still a terrible mark but it showed improvement)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think any MD school does this. I've heard of DO school averaging out grades for classes that are retaken but MD schools don't even do that much.

DO does grade replacement, not average

Every single grade counts for MD schools and must be reported even if your undergrad has a forgiveness policy. DO schools will honor the retake and replace the first grade with the second.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can retake physics 1 to get it averaged to a better grade

In my freshmen year, All of my grades were in the A- to A+ range except one; I received a C- in Physics 1. This dropped my average from approximately 3.9 to a 3.5 (or something around that, I forget the exact numbers). Anyways, I was wondering if you guys knew of any schools that maybe dropped your lowest 2 grades or had some sort of policy like that. Also, I took Physics 2 and received a B+ (It was still a terrible mark but it showed improvement)

Thanks!

There is no grade forgiveness for MD schools. For DO schools, they offer grade replacement. So if you get an A, then they will not calculate the C- in your overall GPA.

Wishful thinking in action!

You get a grade, you own it. Only DO programs take the higher grades if the course is re-taken.

Thanks!