Grade Replacement - Debockle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ColoradoCSU

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question for the applcation vets out there:

I transfered from McGill to CSU, while at mcgill I bombed a couple of classes. I retook them at CSU but the course numbers and titles are not exactly the same:

Math 141 Calculus 2 D (3cr)
Math 141 Calculus 2 F (3cr)
Math 255 Calculus - Biological Scientists II A+ (4cr)
(yeah sucked it up twice before the transfer)

PHGY 209 Mammalian Physiology 1 D (3cr)
BS 300 Principles of Human Anatomy & Physiology A (4cr)
(used the same book)

Math 203 Principles of Statistics 1 B+ (4cr)
STAT 307 Introduction to Biostatistics A (3cr)

I know the last one is a small difference, but I graduated with a 3.912 and my cummulatives come to around a 3.15 because of my two year debacle.

:(

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

I transfered from McGill to CSU, while at mcgill I bombed a couple of classes. I retook them at CSU but the course numbers and titles are not exactly the same:

(used the same book)

I know the last one is a small difference, but I graduated with a 3.912 and my cummulatives come to around a 3.15 because of my two year debockle.

Any thoughts?

2 thoughts:

1) Can you appeal this? Contact AACOMAS, and try to state your case.

2) It's actually spelled debacle.

Yeah, if they won't let you successfully appeal it, if I'm remembering correctly there should be a section where you can elaborate, explain, etc. anything on your application that you feel didn't perhaps come through properly or you feel needs some kind of elaboration, so you could use that as an opportunity to explain any extenuating circumstances for those first two years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Spelling debacle...
jk

First, yes thank you for pointing out the spelling. Sadly, I can't change the thread title.

The only place to explain or appeal would be in the personal statement unless I am mistaken, and I would rather share why I want to be in med school over why I think the grades should be calculated differently.

Any other thoughts?

Last edited:

(used the same book)

I know the last one is a small difference, but I graduated with a 3.912 and my cummulatives come to around a 3.15 because of my two year debacle.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts? The first two you shouldn't have a problem with. The units are higher on both of them, the first both say Calc 2 so I can't see a problem. The second you may have to appeal, have the course descriptions ready in case they request some kind of proof that they are in fact the same course.

The third, as ****ty as it is won't be replaced for two reasons. One, one is biostats and one is regular stats. Two, the second course is actually less units and the retake policy specifically says that the units must be greater than or equal to the original course in order to replace the grade. That said, a B+ is not going to be questioned in your application, don't worry about it