Grade Replacement Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CCPremedStudent12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if I should retake Organic Chemistry II for a third time?
I took Organic Chem I and II in a semester system school (University of California, Merced). The grades i received were:
  • CHEM 008 Principles of Organic Chemistry (lab was part of the lecture)(O-Chem I) 4 units: C+
  • CHEM 100 Organic Synthesis and Mechanism (separate from lab),(OChem II) 3 units: C-
    • CHEM 100L Organic Chemistry Laboratory 1 unit: B
In a Pre-Med Postbacc program which is a quarter system I took CHEM 3302 and 3303 (Chem 3301 was the first part of the 3 part series, but advisors told me to start in the second one because I had an C+ for Ochem 1): (these courses were with lab)
  • CHEM 3302 Organic Chem 5 units: B+
  • CHEM 3303 Organic Chem 5 units: C-
I would plan on retaking it in CSU Monterey Bay, which is a semester system:
  • CHEM 312: Organic Chemistry II (3 Units and lab is separate with 1 unit).
DO schools take your most recent retake which would be that C- and I can't have a C- in prerequisites. But not sure if Chem 3302 and 3303 grades will be averaged out to replace my original OChem II grade. I also heard for a grade to be replaced, it had to be equal or more units.
Im just worry that my most recent retake CHEM 3303 Organic Chem 5 units: C-.

Thanks in advance, for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

You can have a C- in a prereq but it's not ideal. What happened in the post-bacc that allowed you to get that grade?

You can have a C- in a prereq but it's not ideal. What happened in the post-bacc that allowed you to get that grade?

I performed terrible in one of the exams due to illness (I thought I can pull through it), and it was difficult to come back.:(