Grade Replacement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Southern_Weather

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear SDN,
My apologies for being neurotic, I am about to graduate and this is the last class I am taking and it is a repeat of a class I took at another university. The university I attended prior to my current one had separate lecture and lab components; my current has them combined, much like at community colleges. At my prior university I took a course with its lab component and I did fine in lab (1 credit hour) but failed lecture (3 credit hours). Usually, at my current university, I would have to retake the lecture and lab since they are together as a class (4 credit hours) but the department head has decided to make an exception for me and as such is able to reduce the course hours to being only 3 credits so I won't have to take lab again. My question is, and I pretty much know the answer but just want to be sure, will grade replacement still work? I just kind of viewed lecture and lab as a whole and since I am only taking lecture over without lab I am not sure grade replacement will apply. I know that the course number (whether its upper level or not) does not matter but the credit hours need to be the same or exceed the previous course.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

as long as the course description and credit hours are the same, aacomas should include it as a retake. the retake has to be the same or higher credits as the original with a similar course description. if you're still worried about this, shoot aacomas an email via support on your account and they'll respond in 1-2 days.