Grade Replacement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mowensmike

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, so I happen to have a 3.2 cGPA from repeating two courses in which I obtained a C in each and then came out to a B+ and A after retaking. The application service showed I only have a 2.65 cGPA. Does podiatry schools take grade replacements or am I to repeat some of the lower end courses back when I was a Freshman? Maybe a masters program? I do have a strong upward trend with my last two years being mostly all A's, few B's. Any information is helpful. MCAT is nothing too great, but average; 23.

Members don't see this ad.

AACPMAS does not factor in grade replacement.

Are you opposed to a gap year?

Retake at community college and get all As.

Shadow and reapply after.

Mcat is within range so that seems fine.

AACPMAS does not factor in grade replacement.

Are you opposed to a gap year?

Retake at community college and get all As.

Shadow and reapply after.

Mcat is within range so that seems fine.

It will be a gap year, but I was hoping to start in 2017. Most of the classes were my first year of college, mostly C's. They are well beyond easy so that won't be a problem. I made a mistake on MCAT. It actually is a 21. So I am hoping that will not affect me too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many times have you taken the MCAT?

Can you do the easy credits at a local cc while retaking the MCAT for a higher score?

Every bit helps. The higher you score grades and MCAT wise, the better your chances are.

Getting in is one thing. Passing your 1st and 2nd year as well as boards is another. MCAT and undergrad reflect this to an extent. Prove to adcoms you can handle it.

How many times have you taken the MCAT?

Can you do the easy credits at a local cc while retaking the MCAT for a higher score?

Every bit helps. The higher you score grades and MCAT wise, the better your chances are.

Getting in is one thing. Passing your 1st and 2nd year as well as boards is another. MCAT and undergrad reflect this to an extent. Prove to adcoms you can handle it.

I have taken the MCAT twice. The first one being rather ten points lower, no excuses other than being sick test day. I can easily replace all the easy credits while retaking the MCAT. My first year of college is pretty much all C's and one A. That is from a cc. I then transferred to a University and have gotten mostly A's and B's. So there is at least a strong upward trend. I do rather appreciate your reply. I find it encouraging and helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
I have taken the MCAT twice. The first one being rather ten points lower, no excuses other than being sick test day. I can easily replace all the easy credits while retaking the MCAT. My first year of college is pretty much all C's and one A. That is from a cc. I then transferred to a University and have gotten mostly A's and B's. So there is at least a strong upward trend. I do rather appreciate your reply. I find it encouraging and helpful.

No prob.

Don't feel bad about low grades. We all went through it. I know I did.

Strong upward trend is good. Its kind of surprising you did better at University level than local CC.

You got this. The courses I have a feeling will be easy for you. The MCAT is a bit more challenging.

Lets say you take the new MCAT and get around a 493-498. Even then you'd probably have a shot at all of the larger schools if not wherever you want to go.

No prob.

Don't feel bad about low grades. We all went through it. I know I did.

Strong upward trend is good. Its kind of surprising you did better at University level than local CC.

You got this. The courses I have a feeling will be easy for you. The MCAT is a bit more challenging.

Lets say you take the new MCAT and get around a 493-498. Even then you'd probably have a shot at all of the larger schools if not wherever you want to go.

It was my first year in college and I was adolescent. I was careless. Then I went to a University and found that I do need to try and get my butt into gear. According to my percentile ranking, I would receive a 493 on the new MCAT. I will be applying to all 9 schools early so I hope I can be competitive at that mark at least. I will still enroll in the lower courses and reschedule the MCAT just to be sure. One thing I would like to add is that when I talked to Rosalind Franklin, Dr. Scholl school, they advised me that the first year of college is more than likely to be thrown out and the last 60 or so credits are weighed more heavily. I do hope this is the case for me.

It was my first year in college and I was adolescent. I was careless. Then I went to a University and found that I do need to try and get my butt into gear. According to my percentile ranking, I would receive a 493 on the new MCAT. I will be applying to all 9 schools early so I hope I can be competitive at that mark at least. I will still enroll in the lower courses and reschedule the MCAT just to be sure. One thing I would like to add is that when I talked to Rosalind Franklin, Dr. Scholl school, they advised me that the first year of college is more than likely to be thrown out and the last 60 or so credits are weighed more heavily. I do hope this is the case for me.

Can confirm that. CSPM also told us they look at the last 60 hours because they know students make mistakes or take easy classes to boost their GPAs.

Can confirm that. CSPM also told us they look at the last 60 hours because they know students make mistakes or take easy classes to boost their GPAs.

I cannot express enough gratitude towards your helpfulness and encouragements. It is much appreciated. I will certainly let you know what happens in the following weeks since the application cycle opens in two days. I sent in all my letter of recommendations, 3 professors and 2 podiatrists, today and will be trying to see if my last semester of college credits will bump up my GPA, 7 credits of science and they are all A's. Again, thank you for all your help and I will definitely let you know what happens. Cheers