Grade Update??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njpxcrnr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently I am waitlisted at two of my dream medical schools. I have one acceptance for 2012, but I'm trying to do everything I can to help get me off at least one of the wait lists I'm on.

I've heard that the most significant update you can send a med school is an update of transcripts, which is something I am considering. The only problem is that last semester I did pretty poorly ( I got a 3.30, which lowered my overall GPA from 3.8 to 3.75). I don't have any strong reason for this drop, just a combination of factors ( tougher classes, inconvenient exam dates, going out of town for interviews, and the general senioritis).

Anyways, this semester I did much better, I got a 3.9, so I'm wondering if sending my transcripts would help or hurt my spot on these waitlists. Do any of you think it will help,or will the 3.3 overshadow the 3.9?

Members don't see this ad.

This seems to be one of those "what they don't know won't hurt them, but what they do know may hurt YOU!" situation. I would think its best to just keep your mouth shut and take your chances with the information you have. You've already got one acceptance, so you are playing with house money. I totally get that it's a dream school, but let them make the decision on you not getting in...don't make that decision for them!

This seems to be one of those "what they don't know won't hurt them, but what they do know may hurt YOU!" situation. I would think its best to just keep your mouth shut and take your chances with the information you have. You've already got one acceptance, so you are playing with house money. I totally get that it's a dream school, but let them make the decision on you not getting in...don't make that decision for them!

Thanks for the advice! I would be perfectly happy going to the school where I got accepted, I was just wondering if sending in my transcripts would help with the waitlists, but I guess not. I was super close to mailing them in, so thanks for heads up!

Thanks for the advice! I would be perfectly happy going to the school where I got accepted, I was just wondering if sending in my transcripts would help with the waitlists, but I guess not. I was super close to mailing them in, so thanks for heads up!

Just because you aren't sending in grades, doesn't mean you can't sent something. Has anything changed since your last interview/update? If so, tell them about it...and definitely pick one of the two schools (I'm guessing UCLA or USC) and send a letter of intent.