1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Grades Do Not Matter at all.

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Heyyyyy, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Heyyyyy

Heyyyyy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey ya all
    I think there were some discussions about the importance of grades in pharmacy school. Pharmacy/medical/dental schools, grades do not matter at all as long as you pass the classes.
    The only time grades matter (like getting Bs and As) is when you want to get into competitive residency and/or further academic studies like phd.
    When a pharmacy chain is interviewing you, they won't ask about your grades unless you want to tell them. Also, getting A's does not give you any advantage in negotiating higher salary. Getting a higher salary depends on many other factors and not grades.
    This is what I have been told. Correct me if I am wrong

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 imagine sisyphus happy
    Pharmacist 15+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    The only thing they care about in the retail world is a little piece of paper that says "Doctor of Pharmacy."

4. 28657

28657 Smile like you mean it
    10+ Year Member

Not having to worry about straight A's is the one thing that makes pharmacy school a little less stressful than undergrad. When there's no incentives of scholarships or worrying about pharmacy school acceptance, it makes studying a little bit easier sometimes. ;)
    Of course to make up for it - there's plenty of other things that make it more stressful than undergrad.:eek: