Grades for spring quarter before you apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XRanger

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does it matter? Cause my school is on quarter system and grades dont come out until like end of june, and I know for sure that my spring quarter grade is gonna bring down my GPA.

So if I apply before the spring grades come out, my spring quarter grade doesn't matter right?

Members don't see this ad.

Does it matter? Cause my school is on quarter system and grades dont come out until like end of june, and I know for sure that my spring quarter grade is gonna bring down my GPA.

So if I apply before the spring grades come out, my spring quarter grade doesn't matter right?

I think it really depends on how poorly you do. Eventually you have to send in transcripts that include those grades, so if you do bad enough, they can revoke an acceptance. That said, I don't know what this cutoff would be, they might only do this if you failed the classes.

well it's not gonna be that bad. But this quarter I predict to get around 3.2 gpa. But now I have 3.73, and if I factor in this quarter gpa(3.2), I'll prob gonna have around 3.68, which is big psychologically.

Members don't see this ad :)
so i'm guessing if I apply before grades come out, my gpa this quarter won't get factored in?

You can only stop "caring" about grades the day you've gotten an acceptance into your #1 school. Until then, slacking is not allowed.

Also, it is better to apply WITH your Spring grades because adcoms will wonder why you left them out. The edge of applying "early" doesn't mean that it's June 5th/6th or bust. A longer record or good grades always plays in your favor.

Even if you apply before you get your grades, when you interview, a lot of the schools will ask for grade updates (at least the schools I interviewed at did), so you still might have to disclose them before an admissions decision is reached. I would still try to get your app in as soon as possible, though. I'm on the quarter system, too, and I didn't wait until grades were available after spring quarter last year. Getting your application in as soon as you can really makes a big difference on how many interviews you may be offered. A friend of mine with better stats than me only got one interview because he didn't submit his primary until late September.

i'm just trying to get by with no C's this semester lol. i applied in october and was accepted with a 3.73. last semester it dropped to a 3.68.

once you're accepted you kind of owe it to yourself to relax. i think just as long as you keep it above a 3.0 you'll be fine. i've never heard of people getting rejected post-acceptance because of grades (unless they failed).

i'm in the same situation and don't know what to do. my spring quarter grades will not effect my GPA , so should I submit without them? also, if I submit without them, do I update with an official or un-official transcript and when? with secondaries?