Therese737

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2004
Status (Visible)
I called AMCAS about this but was wondering what any of you may have experienced: Iam beginning to take my postbacs, and for financial aid purposes, I remain classified as a graduate comp science student from a prior year. I never got the graduate degree, though-I was still taking the undergrad prerequisites to be admitted "fully" into the graduate computer science program. So my question is: When it comes time to fill out the AMCAS application and list my courses, will the undergraduate courses I took in computer science ( as well as the undergraduate science classes I will take) be considered "graduate" level since I am classified as a graduate student ? AMCAS told me that they leave it up to me as far as how I classify my class level, and they also said that it would be considered post-bac. I spoke with only one person there, so I am not sure if they're right. I am just worried that when AMCAS and the med schools see my transcripts, they will think I was taking graduate classes because of my classification as "graduate". I WANT these classes all to count as undergraduate, (since they are anyway) as my gpa could use the boost! I just hope that classification thing doesn't pose any problem.

Yosh

Livin' in the WINDY CITY
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 25, 1999
NW Indiana
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I would imagine if you are taking undergrad level classes...they classes would be ranked as such. When I took my post-bac classes, I already had double BA degrees....but all my post bac classes were counted as undergrad...as they were undergrad level classes..

So....yes...undergrad classes = undergrad designation

medicomel

Purveyor of short posts.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2004
a stone's throw away from reality
www.google.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
For the FAFSA, I had to classify myself as this, and also to get the stafford loan of $10,500 (Subsidized and Unsubsidized). This was in 2001, and every year following, I was still putting down undergrad.

Yosh

Livin' in the WINDY CITY
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 25, 1999
NW Indiana
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
True, with FAFSA....I was listed as a non-degree seekng 5+ undergrad when taking my post bac courses at University of Miami....

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.