You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Graduates - Class of 2017 - Congratulations!
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
@Frozenshades ... I'll bet that is YOU in the photo above, isn't it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Frozenshades ... I'll bet that is YOU in the photo above, isn't it?
Fun fact: student loan exit counseling suggested that to handle my debt load, I should seek a starting salary of $220,000+

I would like this more but my suggested starting salary was like $350,000![]()
Fun fact: student loan exit counseling suggested that to handle my debt load, I should seek a starting salary of $220,000+![]()


@kcoughli and @Filly Bay ... I just saw another thread and wanted to say:
CONGRATULATIONS to DOCTOR KCOUGHLI, DVM!!!
CONGRATULATIONS to DOCTOR FILLY BAY, DVM!!!
CONGRATULATIONS to DOCTOR KCOUGHLI, DVM!!!
CONGRATULATIONS to DOCTOR FILLY BAY, DVM!!!
Thanks so much!@kcoughli and @Filly Bay ... I just saw another thread and wanted to say:
CONGRATULATIONS to DOCTOR KCOUGHLI, DVM!!!
CONGRATULATIONS to DOCTOR FILLY BAY, DVM!!!
View attachment 218626
I don't graduate until Saturday...
![]()
I don't graduate until Saturday...
Oh man..lol..
D
deleted498041
I think mine was $500k+. Yeah, I'll just go ahead and negotiate that into my contract right away. Speaking of... can I not do anything about my loans until the day I graduate? I really just want to get the ball rolling with consolidating and applying for REPAYE.![]()
Fun fact: student loan exit counseling suggested that to handle my debt load, I should seek a starting salary of $220,000+![]()
I think mine was $500k+. Yeah, I'll just go ahead and negotiate that into my contract right away. Speaking of... can I not do anything about my loans until the day I graduate? I really just want to get the ball rolling with consolidating and applying for REPAYE.
Yeah, it isn't until official graduation. If you're lucky the status will change from 'in school' to graduated/in grace within just a few days (I think mine changed about three days later...I have FedLoan Servicing), but I think it can take up to a month for it to change and it's all on how fast your school and servicer deal with it. Nothing you can do. 🙁
Yeah, it isn't until official graduation. If you're lucky the status will change from 'in school' to graduated/in grace within just a few days (I think mine changed about three days later...I have FedLoan Servicing), but I think it can take up to a month for it to change and it's all on how fast your school and servicer deal with it. Nothing you can do. 🙁
Ugh, this is stressful considering I have the worst loan servicer - Navient.... I hope they change it ASAP so I can consolidate with a different company!
D
deleted498041
Oh geez, really? I'm trying to start my repayment essentially the day of or day after graduation because apparently it cuts down on almost a couple thousand in interest... I wonder if I can call them and speed it up after I graduate. I have Greater Lakes and apparently they're one of the less bad servicers.Yeah, it isn't until official graduation. If you're lucky the status will change from 'in school' to graduated/in grace within just a few days (I think mine changed about three days later...I have FedLoan Servicing), but I think it can take up to a month for it to change and it's all on how fast your school and servicer deal with it. Nothing you can do. 🙁
Well thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do you mean great lakes?Oh geez, really? I'm trying to start my repayment essentially the day of or day after graduation because apparently it cuts down on almost a couple thousand in interest... I wonder if I can call them and speed it up after I graduate. I have Greater Lakes and apparently they're one of the less bad servicers.
I have them, too. They've been pretty good, actually.
do you mean great lakes?
I have them, too. They've been pretty good, actually.
Ditto, they have been nice. No shenannigans like Navient is known for.
@Abnerrs ... a shout out and happy fist bump to you!Well thanks!
Congratulations to DOCTOR ABNERRS, DVM!!!
My loans are through navient. Does this mean I should move them? I'm not even sure how I would go about that.
D
deleted498041
Yup, that's what I meant! I've been advised to choose to keep them once I consolidate.do you mean great lakes?
I have them, too. They've been pretty good, actually.
D
deleted498041
Yes. Once you consolidate, you have an option to move them to another servicer, I believe. I would highly recommend posting on the VIN Student Debt forum. Tony Bartels is amazing and incredibly patient.My loans are through navient. Does this mean I should move them? I'm not even sure how I would go about that.
also navient has some possible legal issues and are known for being terrible
Yeah, it isn't until official graduation. If you're lucky the status will change from 'in school' to graduated/in grace within just a few days (I think mine changed about three days later...I have FedLoan Servicing), but I think it can take up to a month for it to change and it's all on how fast your school and servicer deal with it. Nothing you can do. 🙁
I also have FedLoan Servicing. So far, I haven't had any problems. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Cool. I'll be moving mine as wellalso navient has some possible legal issues and are known for being terrible
Graduated today. So surreal.
@eschmidt32 ... thank you for sharing your great news!Graduated today. So surreal.
CONGRATULATIONS to DOCTOR ESCHMIDT32, DVM!!!
@Rainheart ... that's great news!Well, it's official. Dr. Rainheart happened yesterday.
CONGRATULATIONS to DOCTOR RAINHEART, DVM!!!
Congrats to 17ers! Well done.
@Rainheart ... that's great news!
CONGRATULATIONS to DOCTOR RAINHEART, DVM!!!
View attachment 218895
Thanks Doctor-S!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dr. Hyge in the house.
This is weird.
This is weird.
@hygebeorht ...this is great news!Dr. Hyge in the house.
This is weird.
CONGRATULATIONS to DOCTOR HYGEBEORHT, DVM!!!
I don't know why but that picture gave me the giddies@hygebeorht ...this is great news!
CONGRATULATIONS to DOCTOR HYGEBEORHT, DVM!!!
View attachment 218939
@hygebeorht ...this is great news!
CONGRATULATIONS to DOCTOR HYGEBEORHT, DVM!!!
View attachment 218939
Probably the best thing about @Doctor-S and their comments are the Doctor XXXX DVM. That's DOCTOR DOCTOR to you! lol
Thanks for the cheers, Doctor-S. It's nice to celebrate 🙂
@Kpowell14 I found you in the Watering Hole celebrating with some of the other newly-minted veterinarians from SDN - great work to you, too!Congrats everyone, We did it!! It's hard to believe that 4 years have already passed!
CONGRATULATIONS to DOCTOR KPOWELL14, DVM!!!
D
deleted498041
Thank you so much Doctor S! 😀@Rwwilliams ... yes, you did it!
CONGRATULATIONS to DOCTOR RWWILLIAMS, DVM!!!
View attachment 219142