Graduating with certificate for PMSR-24 while in PMSR/RRA 36?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andros84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, current third year. I'm in a PMSR/RRA. As a pure logistics/regulations stand-point is it possible to obtain your residency certificate of completion for the equivalent of a PMSR-24, when one is in an RRA-36 assuming all numbers/rotations are met and the Director approves? I know you're going to say this is dumb, and just finish/transfer but I'm just curious if anyone knows for sure, or has been through this because the CPME 330/320/Policies, as far as I know, don't explain clearly.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are in a PMSR/RRA then you would not be able to get a residency completion certificate for PMSR-24 nor a PMSR-12 after your first year. This is because they don't exist anymore with the transition a while back and also because your residency type is not that format.

It's also not a PMSR/RRA 36, it's just PMSR/RRA. Hence the terrible NY programs aren't called a PMSR/RRA-48.

It'd be like trying to get get a RPR certificate after your first year, they just don't exist anymore. What you would have after your 2 years would be an incomplete residency completion but still possible to get your state license.

Lemme add to this comment: even though you are done with your numbers there are still certain requirements for rotations that you have to meet in order to graduate from a PMSR/RRA. Ie so many months doing internal medicine, general surgery, podiatry practice management, etc. It's setup 3 years because you can't meet those requirements in under that time period. So even if you are done with your numbers you still need to meet those rotations in order to graduate.