Graduation gifts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
That's not surprising at all to hear since no one can find those in the real market either... bahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Just give money. That's what everyone really wants. No gift cards. Cold hard classy CASH!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

That's nice of you to even consider giving something. Usually the students buy things for you. But an Amazon or Starbucks gift card is nice. Something useful during this age.

I got an iTunes gift card last year...really? Would've been nice in 2002. The pharmacist was like 60. :lame:

Wait, was I supposed to buy gifts for my preceptors? Now I feel bad :(

I always give a gift to my graduating interns. This year my favorite intern in the last 35 years is ready to fly the coup. I will take her and her husband to a nice restaurant and I will give her some of the pharmacy memorabilia I have collected over the years . I will probably throw in an amex gift card as well. She has made the last 4 years easier for me. Kids like this come along only once in a while and you have to appreciate them while you have them around. I have has the murderer's row of Interns the last 5 years. I also get to learn from some very bright people. This woman worked 20 hours a week, also did per diem at a hospital, volunteered at her church, did extra curricular activities at school and topped it off with a 3.98 GPA. I will never see this again. I have posted this many times. It's an old Talmudic saying:

Rabbi Chanina said:
  • Much have I learned from my teachers.
  • More from my colleagues than from my teachers,
  • But, from my students I have learned the most.
Talmud: Ta'anit 7a -1

Reactions: 4 users
Why didn't she have a 4.0?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users