GRE/GPA scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Solid345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up everyone? I just wanted to ask and see whether my GRE/GPA would be good enough for the schools I'm applying to and see if you guys have some advice.

GRE: 306 combined, 156 V, 150 Q
GPA: 3.92 cumulative, pre-req is around there too (haven't fully calculated it)
Observations: 100+ hours working as an aide at a clinic
Schools to apply to: University of South Carolina, Medical University of South Carolina, University of Tennessee Chattanooga, Armstrong, and Nova South Eastern

I'm debating whether I should re-take the GRE or not because I don't know how much higher I can get that math score. Any knowledge or advice about any of those schools would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is stellar, more than competitive for the programs you listed (and a little disappointing for me because I'm applying to some of those programs, there goes a seat lol)

Your GRE is good enough for you to be a competitive candidate, assuming your AW score isn't below 4.0, but it isn't spectacular like your GPA. USC actually weighs their GRE at 55% compared to GPA at 45% in their initial ranking of academic performance, and your Q is well below their average. Q alone is worth 20%. Did you spend a great deal of time studying and preparing for the GRE before you took it? If not, you may consider taking it again after a hardcore study regimen. I spent the better part of a summer studying for mine.

If you feel like you studied your heart out and absolutely did your best on the GRE, well your score is still "good enough", just a disadvantage. If that 100+ hours is only in one setting as an aide, I'd recommend you get a few more settings, preferably at least one inpatient setting.

Last edited:
What's up everyone? I just wanted to ask and see whether my GRE/GPA would be good enough for the schools I'm applying to and see if you guys have some advice.

GRE: 306 combined, 156 V, 150 Q
GPA: 3.92 cumulative, pre-req is around there too (haven't fully calculated it)
Observations: 100+ hours working as an aide at a clinic
Schools to apply to: University of South Carolina, Medical University of South Carolina, University of Tennessee Chattanooga, Armstrong, and Nova South Eastern

I'm debating whether I should re-take the GRE or not because I don't know how much higher I can get that math score. Any knowledge or advice about any of those schools would be much appreciated!

Get some more hours and that's it