GRE question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmma277

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if any schools have waived off the GRE due to COVID-19? I know there are few schools that have just recently.

Also does anyone have any advise or know what materials to use to get ready for the GRE?

**Please serious people only that are Pre-PT for this question.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if any schools have waived off the GRE due to COVID-19? I know there are few schools that have just recently.

Also does anyone have any advise or know what materials to use to get ready for the GRE?

**Please serious people only that are Pre-PT for this question.

Yes, some schools are no longer requiring the GRE but I think most schools are still requiring it

Some materials to study for it: Manhattan prep, Kaplan prep, ETS GRE book

I agree with the person above. Out of the 220 schools listed on PTCAS only a handful of schools don't require it anymore. But most still do. Some sources you can use are manhattan prep, Kaplan, Magoosh, and the ETS book. you can find sources online and find more stuff to practice off from.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools still require it. Honestly, the process is pretty much the same when done at home I took mine a few days ago if you want to know what it is like.

Most schools still require it. Honestly, the process is pretty much the same when done at home I took mine a few days ago if you want to know what it is like.
Yes please! Also I havnt had lot time to study since I was taking 3 courses over the summer and I do not have the money to afford Kaplan Study materials. Is the test hard?

Yes please! Also I havnt had lot time to study since I was taking 3 courses over the summer and I do not have the money to afford Kaplan Study materials. Is the test hard?

I thought the test was pretty difficult, but that's expected considering everyone taking it is trying to get into a graduate school. I found the math easier than the SAT/ACT but the reading comprehension felt much more difficult. A lot more logic based instead of memorization, which I enjoyed.

I didn't spend any money in prep - many libraries offer GRE study materials for free so I just checked out 3 things: The Official Guide to the GRE Test (2017), 150 Verbal Questions workbook, and 150 Quantitative Questions workbook. I also watched videos of "Gregmat" to calm myself and understand the test-taking process, along with essay structure.

Using these materials and about a month of studying (~3 hours a day) I scored a 160Q, 158V, 5.5 AWA.

My advice - use the reddit GRE forum (no account needed; it is public) and obtain a library card to save money. I would also recommend only using material from ETS (the GRE test makers) but of course you can find success with other distributors.

Let me know if you have any other questions and good luck!

Reactions: 1 user