GRE Unofficial Scores Question

Started by user1107
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

user1107

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took my first GRE and I'm wondering if anyone knows/has any experience with changes in unofficial vs. official scores. Is the number that the test gives you on verbal/quant right when you finish the same number that I will see when I get my official score report? Any input is helpful. Thank you!
 
Yes, the unofficial scores you see are verbal/quant and those will be the same when you get your official scores back. The reason they are unofficial is because you don't have your writing score yet, but that will be on the final report
 
My experience was that the actual score you get doesn't change, but the % of test takers that you do better than changes as more people take the test. My percentage dropped a few points after about 2 years.