Greatest Challenge Brainstorming Session

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HolyCow0333

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, I am a URM from a lower-middle class single-parent home and I am also having trouble with this topic.

Obviously, life hasn't been perfect but I can't think of a time that I faced a really big challenge. My mindset is such that after something has passed or I've overcome some obstacle, it doesn't seem that difficult in hindsight. Likewise there are the more personal/social challenges but I don't know how appropriate those are to write about. Then there's the whole balancing ECs and school work, etc. that everyone has...

I did my personal statement on challenges and how I'm a thrive in challenging situation types. Some prompts are open enough that I'm using my decision between MD and MD/PhD for it. But otherwise I'm stumped. I have an awful family situation, but I don't want to write on that... It's too personal and I'm not looking for pity. And my other challenging situation was my house being destroyed from a hurricane back when I was 12, and I feel that was just too long ago.

Frustrating! Ugh!