Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Gripe about NYCOM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by JonDO, Apr 22, 2002.

1. JonDO

JonDO Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I had an interview at NYCOM back in March. After waiting patiently for 4 weeks and still nothing, I finally decided to call. They said that they were wating for letters of recommendation from Biology or Chemistry professors. I don't know about anyone else's, but my invitation letter said "two letters from Science faculty." From this, I sent out letters of recommendation from 2 of my professors in Nutrition (my major), who knows me, and will be more qualified in attesting to my competency on becoming a medical student. The last time I checked, Nutrition is still a science. I can't believe that NYCOM would still demand letters from Bio and Chem professors whom I have not seen or spoken to for about 3 to 4 years. Does a generic letter from a Bio or Chem professor carry more weight than a substantial letter from any other Science professor? And if they are specific about Bio and Chem professor letters, shouldn't they have specified it as such in their interview invitations? :mad:

Did anybody else have problems similar to mine? Or did you all submit letters from Bio and Chem professors?

2. DOnut

DOnut Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The same thing happened to me. I happened to call, and they told me I was missing a letter. It was a big pain in the a$$, and I had to scramble but everything worked out in the end. 3 days after I had the letter resent, I got my acceptance letter. Good Luck.