ACOM Acceptance vs NYCOM-Westbury II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alienman52

Straight from the Mothership
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I just received a NYCOM interview today for the westbury campus. I actually live 5-7 min from the campus. Needless to say I'm overjoyed at the opportunity to interview at such a great school.

I have an acceptance to ACOM, put the deposit down, and even booked a room for living. So, I was curious to know if this school is currently sending out II for the waitlist, or if they are still interviewing for seats. If I am interviewing for a waitlist, what would you do in my situation? The email didn't say I was interviewing for a waitlist, but I know that it's starting to get late in the cycle.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I say go for it. A lot of DO waitlists move a ton so even if you are interviewing for a WL spot you never know what will happen. Is the Westbury campus the NY one?

Reactions: 3 users
I say go for it. A lot of DO waitlists move a ton so even if you are interviewing for a WL spot you never know what will happen. Is the Westbury campus the NY one?

1) Don't go into the interview expecting a waitlist spot
2) Interview well
3)??????
4) Profit

5) Get accepted and withdraw from ACOM so Kovalchuk71 can get off of the waitlist ;)

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I'll probably go for it. Even if it is a spot for the WL, it cant hurt to give it a shot anyway. Yes, westbury is NY campus.
1) Don't go into the interview expecting a waitlist spot
2) Interview well
3)??????
4) Profit

5) Get accepted and withdraw from ACOM so Kovalchuk71 can get off of the waitlist ;)
Loled at the bolded.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, I'll probably go for it. Even if it is a spot for the WL, it cant hurt to give it a shot anyway. Yes, westbury is NY campus.

Loled at the bolded.

Hahaha. But seriously, I completely agree that you should go for it. No one outside of NYIT knows how many spots are available. If that's where you want to be, then go to the interview. What if there's ONE spot left and you decide not to interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Also, I finished last semester with a 3.83c GPA, and a 3.77sGPA, which I think would be a nice update for the school to see. In order to update my app, should I simply enter the grades into my aacomas app in the unofficial format, and then hit the button that says, "update schools?" Or should I get my official transcript sent to AACOMAS so everything is official?? @Goro?

Hahaha. But seriously, I completely agree that you should go for it. No one outside of NYIT knows how many spots are available. If that's where you want to be, then go to the interview. What if there's ONE spot left and you decide not to interview?
Very true. Good luck to you for the rest of the cycle!

Is it Westbury or Woodbury?

R u aware?

Loled at the bolded.

Don't they have like a class of 300? I doubt all the spots are full! Go slay it penguin man

Definitely go!!! 5-7 min from house + Going to med school in NY where there's the most residency opportunities vs. ACOM..... The only fair warning is hope you're on your A-game, because NYIT is known to cut ppl out of their program so less cushion room.

Definitely go!!! 5-7 min from house + Going to med school in NY where there's the most residency opportunities vs. ACOM..... The only fair warning is hope you're on your A-game, because NYIT is known to cut ppl out of their program so less cushion room.

This is actually my number one fear of possibly attending. I've never failed a course in my entire academic career, but obviously medical school is harder than undergrad/high school. I've read in some places that it has attrition rates as high as 15%......Any current NYCOM-NY students that can comment on this? I'll
Probably end up posting a separate thread on it in the future in the osteo forum.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

NYITCOM is an amazing program with solid rotation sites. Though NYITCOM's faculty might not be as efficient as those at ACOM, their brand name outweighs the rest, especially when applying for residencies. The 15% attrition rate is true according to a friend who's a current 2nd year. In short, go to your interview!

Reactions: 1 users
Go for it buddy
I'll be sure to update you. I got an II at the lecom SH campus today as well, although im not as sure if ill attend. I'm not sure im a fan of PBL as I do like a structured lecture based learning environment. Do you know if an II at the Seton Hill campus means that i am interviewing for erie/bradenton as well? Or just SH?

I'll be sure to update you. I got an II at the lecom SH campus today as well, although im not as sure if ill attend. I'm not sure im a fan of PBL as I do like a structured lecture based learning environment. Do you know if an II at the Seton Hill campus means that i am interviewing for erie/bradenton as well? Or just SH?
U will most likely be interview for SH/ Erie since they are kinda linked together. Brad is separated campus though. Although lecom student will most likely know this better than me.

Hey I thought I would chime in here! I have interviewed at ACOM and LECOM-SH, and I am currently signed up to interview at NYITCOM-A.

If you know already that you prefer lectures to PBL, there is a sheet the day of the interview where you can specify this. Because SH is strictly PBL, this will mean that you will likely end up at Eerie if admitted, so just be aware of that and be sure to explore that area as well.