Grr...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saluki

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel really depressed after reading those Mayo profiles where the people design clothes, fix old cars, have phds already, grew up in African villages, etc. What have I been doing all my life?

Members don't see this ad.

mashce said:
Does anyone else feel really depressed after reading those Mayo profiles where the people design clothes, fix old cars, have phds already, grew up in African villages, etc. What have I been doing all my life?

Tip: Don't read the profiles.
Tip #2: You're you. Sorry, can't change that. No point blubbering about it now...
Tip #3: Do what makes you happy and what you enjoy - that way, you gaurantee yourself a life of no regrets :)

Chill out. You don't need to grow up in an African village to go to Mayo - I'm sure a good ol' USA village will do just fine (just as long as it isn't Greenwich Village or something :p)

I'm a MSII over here at Mayo. I can promise you that most of us are completely normal (well, I guess that's relative). Don't worry about the profiles (where are these things, anyway?) . I'm guessing that they just put up a few people with interesting life stories.

Members don't see this ad :)
agp4 said:
I'm a MSII over here at Mayo. I can promise you that most of us are completely normal (well, I guess that's relative). Don't worry about the profiles (where are these things, anyway?) . I'm guessing that they just put up a few people with interesting life stories.
Thanks, Mayo is my top choice school, but after reading those things I almost decided not to apply.... They're on the website when you click on info for prospective students- it's like profiles of current students or something like that- maybe 9 different kids are profiled....

MS2 here and most peeps are normal folks..apply and see what happens. Good luck! agp4 get back to micro ahhhghghggh!