Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

grr

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by thedon282, Jul 31, 2002.

1. thedon282

thedon282 New Member

Hey , first post here, and a crazy one too....I will be applying to med school next year , my credentials are solid so far except for one thing...I got caught underage drinking freshman year (oops!) :mad: ...anyway, I was wondering how the AMCAS views this (how deep do they delve?), do they ask about such things or are they just concerned with things you may have done that would have caused you to be suspended from school....let me know guys, I'm pretty damn concerned!! Thanks..

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. steiner19er

steiner19er Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

if i were u i wouldn;t even apply. its like throwing your $$ down the drain. you would be lucky to get into dental school

4. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    um.....Steiner was joking (I think)....

I'm really not sure how the deal with things like underage drinking. If you were convicted of a crime you may have to explain this to every medical school to which you apply. Same if you were given some sort of punishment by your school.

5. chemgirl

chemgirl Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

From what I can remember they only ask you about being dismissed from school, or committing a felony. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

6. tedstriker

tedstriker wicked retahhded
    10+ Year Member

And even if they do require you to mention it, there is usually opportunity for you to discuss the circumstances surrounding the conviction. That's where you take out the Golden Shovel and give 'em a story about your overcoming the adversity...

Hey, it happened to Jenna Bush, right?:D