thedon282

15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2002
Visit site
Status
Hey , first post here, and a crazy one too....I will be applying to med school next year , my credentials are solid so far except for one thing...I got caught underage drinking freshman year (oops!) :mad: ...anyway, I was wondering how the AMCAS views this (how deep do they delve?), do they ask about such things or are they just concerned with things you may have done that would have caused you to be suspended from school....let me know guys, I'm pretty damn concerned!! Thanks..

steiner19er

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2001
Calif
-
Status
if i were u i wouldn;t even apply. its like throwing your $$ down the drain. you would be lucky to get into dental school

Adcadet

Long way from Gate 27
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
44 deg 1 min 11 sec N, 92 deg 28 min 55 sec W
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
um.....Steiner was joking (I think)....

I'm really not sure how the deal with things like underage drinking. If you were convicted of a crime you may have to explain this to every medical school to which you apply. Same if you were given some sort of punishment by your school.

About the Ads

chemgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2002
Visit site
Status
From what I can remember they only ask you about being dismissed from school, or committing a felony. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

tedstriker

wicked retahhded
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2002
Luv that dirty water
www.bostonbruins.com
Status
And even if they do require you to mention it, there is usually opportunity for you to discuss the circumstances surrounding the conviction. That's where you take out the Golden Shovel and give 'em a story about your overcoming the adversity...

Hey, it happened to Jenna Bush, right?:D

About the Ads