1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Guidance

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by RaniMD, Jun 1, 2008.

1. RaniMD

Resident [Any Field]
    Hello,

I am looking for a PGY 1 spot, anywhere. I was in family medicine and due to losing my pregnancy at 6 months and having my husband leave me a month later, I had a total break down and had to resign half way thru my first year...I don;t want to be out a whole year and would be grateful if anyone knows if something opens up for July or if anyone has suggestions on how to find an empty spot. Please let me know. Thank you.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. NuMD97

NuMD97 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Call, fax and e-mail the programs that you might be interested in. Many go unadvertised.

FM has a hotline that might be of help: (800) 288-2668.

Good luck!

Nu

4. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This forum is for the posting of OPEN positions not for advice regarding how to get a position.

Moving to General Residency...

5. DarthNeurology

5+ Year Member

It is hard to find PGY-1 in this scramble, especially if you have resigned from a previous program. Are you a US MD? or FMG?

6. I'm very sorry to hear about your situation - you've had two terrible things happen to you in a very short period of time! (Three, if you include the resignation from your residency program.)

Have you looked at the list of open Scramble positions? Will you be able to secure strong letters of recommendation from your previous program? Are you willing to move anywhere in the country?