Guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RaniMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a PGY 1 spot, anywhere. I was in family medicine and due to losing my pregnancy at 6 months and having my husband leave me a month later, I had a total break down and had to resign half way thru my first year...I don;t want to be out a whole year and would be grateful if anyone knows if something opens up for July or if anyone has suggestions on how to find an empty spot. Please let me know. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Call, fax and e-mail the programs that you might be interested in. Many go unadvertised.

FM has a hotline that might be of help: (800) 288-2668.

Good luck!

Nu

Hello,

I am looking for a PGY 1 spot, anywhere. I was in family medicine and due to losing my pregnancy at 6 months and having my husband leave me a month later, I had a total break down and had to resign half way thru my first year...I don;t want to be out a whole year and would be grateful if anyone knows if something opens up for July or if anyone has suggestions on how to find an empty spot. Please let me know. Thank you.

It is hard to find PGY-1 in this scramble, especially if you have resigned from a previous program. Are you a US MD? or FMG?

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation - you've had two terrible things happen to you in a very short period of time! (Three, if you include the resignation from your residency program.)

Have you looked at the list of open Scramble positions? Will you be able to secure strong letters of recommendation from your previous program? Are you willing to move anywhere in the country?