This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SE.OMFS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have only used Invivo/Anatomage in the past, and am mostly satisfied with the outcomes. I'm looking to expand familiarity with other systems and planning software. Would like some advice or opinions from those with first hand experience using various systems. Thanks in advance.

What is everyone using/what do you advocate for guided implant placement?
Pros/Cons of various systems (i.e., Anatomage vs Simplant, others)?
Any major downfalls you've encountered to certain software or guided systems?
Any changes in success/ failure rates using guided vs free hand placements and restorations?
Other pertinent info appreciated!

-Curious DMD

Members don't see this ad.

I have only used Invivo/Anatomage in the past, and am mostly satisfied with the outcomes. I'm looking to expand familiarity with other systems and planning software. Would like some advice or opinions from those with first hand experience using various systems. Thanks in advance.

What is everyone using/what do you advocate for guided implant placement?
Pros/Cons of various systems (i.e., Anatomage vs Simplant, others)?
Any major downfalls you've encountered to certain software or guided systems?
Any changes in success/ failure rates using guided vs free hand placements and restorations?
Other pertinent info appreciated!

-Curious DMD

Sooo many things to consider here! Are you just planning? Or placing fully guided? Edentulous arches? Or partially dentate? What guided surgical kits do you have?

Thoughts on the ones I use most often:
BlueSky Plan - Free download and amazing viewer/planner. Lots of flexibility. Can scan and import cast/intraoral stls. Exports cost $20 for you to print yourself plus sleeve purchase. Great educational programming.
Nobel Clinician - Classically a good system but undergoing lots of changes. Dual scan protocol for edentulous cases with ability to mount guide casts and make insertion indices verifies placement before inserting anchor pins. Can plan for Nobel, Dentsply, Camlog, Straumann. Have to send guide to Procera but soon will be able to export for in-house prints.
Codiagnostx - Very powerful and great workflow when used with Dental Wings for pre-placement provisionals. Click fees - lots of click fees. Part of a fully validated digital workflow.
3Shape Implant Studio - All the flexibility of 3 shape - export and print your own.

Also, I really enjoy working with Implant Concierge. They'll plan the case and make a guide for a fraction of what the other guys can do. Plus great user experience. Worth checking out.

Guided is great when done right. I've had problems but it was because of user error, not inherent flaws in the system. The big ones all work very well.