gynecology in sweden

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noussa

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, i'm sorry if there is already a post about that but, i didn't find any...

I'm a 6th year medical student in EU, I'm half swedish half french, even if my swedish skills are kind of ****ty right now, I'm improving, so i won't have probleme to go in i think, is just that i can't find any informations, about how it is, how do we go in, etc... I'm a bit lost, and I don't know anyone in the medical field there... So please help me.

I would like to have some information about the residency for gynecolgy in sweden :
- Is there a date to make a demand ? Like for university or just whenever we want (and find a place) ?
- Is it hard to find a place ?
- How does the residency work ? How long ? in a single hospital ? etc...
- Is it a hard residency ? Is there a lot of night watch to do ?

I don't really know what to ask, I'm interested in any kind of information you can have about it please.

Members don't see this ad.

All residencies are 5 years. Gyn is a bit more work, as it is a surgical specialty with on-call schedules. There's no particular date, instead just try to contact the gyn depts at the hospitals where you wish to work. You may not get an ST (recidency) straight away, but you can get a qualified spot and then deduct that time from the five years. Lycka till!

All residencies are 5 years. Gyn is a bit more work, as it is a surgical specialty with on-call schedules. There's no particular date, instead just try to contact the gyn depts at the hospitals where you wish to work. You may not get an ST (recidency) straight away, but you can get a qualified spot and then deduct that time from the five years. Lycka till!

Ok, tack så mycket !
Do you know if there is a lot of demand for this speciality ? And if there is certain place where it is more difficult to have a chance ?
I kind of want to go in the north, since my familly is there, but is it better to go south ? Also people told me it should be easier to find a place in the north since it's not a "popular" place.