H1B Loophole Changes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lord999

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For example, instead of offering a minimum starting salary of $120,000 to $130,000, a clinic in northeastern Pennsylvania, which is considered an underserved area, would have to pay a foreign physician around $195,000 or $200,000.

I can't believe the Grey Lady printed that sentence. That's blatant abuse of the H1B system, and $195k is on the lower end of non-government physician salaries. And if their physician supervisors are being paid that low, obviously something else is going on, as CMS reimbursements easily exceed that.

Members don't see this ad.

Isn't this great news for pharmacists? It means that the 15,000 new grads each year will only be competing against 2/3 of the foreign grads for the 0 jobs out there. RIP foreign pharmacists...

Isn't this great news for pharmacists? It means that the 15,000 new grads each year will only be competing against 2/3 of the foreign grads for the 0 jobs out there. RIP foreign pharmacists...
I thought they already stopped sponsoring foreign pharmacist long time ago, of course there are some cases but that’s rare. Anyways, we have so many of our own students who don’t have job with 200 K + loans.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know anyone new getting H1Bs visa sponsored in pharmacy anymore.

Most are renewals and a ton of those are getting rejected.

Reactions: 1 user
“Entry-level doctors in rural areas will have to be offered experienced-level wages, which may be more than their supervisor is being paid,” said William A. Stock, an employment immigration lawyer in Philadelphia. “This will further restrict the supply of doctors willing to move to parts of rural America. It will put providers in a jam that they can’t afford to hire foreign-born doctors.”

So what

LMAO @ northeastern PA being underserved. Most of geographic California is "undeserved" and huge chunks of urban California are "undeserved". An obvious consequence of subsidizing population growth.

Reactions: 1 users
All of the H1B pharmacists in my area at my chain disappeared around 2011-2012.

This might affect physicians and nurses more than pharmacists.

Wonder if they will still recruit a lot of foreign nurses.