H4 Visa, what are my chances of getting in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daysinnnc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am from london and here on H4 visa.
Does pharmacy school requires a permenant status or citizenship or my status should be okay cuz i i;m at UNC right now.
NEED HELP!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am from london and here on H4 visa.
Does pharmacy school requires a permenant status or citizenship or my status should be okay cuz i i;m at UNC right now.
NEED HELP!!

most of the schools as I believe require citizenship or permanent you need to check pharmcas.org or specific school (website or call) Good luck!!!

I'am also in the same situation as you, I have a H4 visa. I heard that we can apply to pharmacy college, but we need SSN(Social Security Number) for doing internship. I'am planning to apply to NOVA(Florida) and it clearly mentions in their website that students need to have SSN for getting their intern license. Please look at their pharmacy course catalog. If you can change your visa to F1(student visa), you can do that. In my situation I can't change to a F1 visa because we are waiting for priority date to apply for i-485( greencard process). So I have to just wait :sleep:till I apply for i-485 and after 3 months I can apply for SSN. This is what I found after my research, If you have any other information please let me know. Thank you.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
so u can't really go to pharmacy school until u get ur SSN number

I'am also in the same situation as you, I have a H4 visa. I heard that we can apply to pharmacy college, but we need SSN(Social Security Number) for doing internship. I'am planning to apply to NOVA(Florida) and it clearly mentions in their website that students need to have SSN for getting their intern license. Please look at their pharmacy course catalog. If you can change your visa to F1(student visa), you can do that. In my situation I can't change to a F1 visa because we are waiting for priority date to apply for i-485( greencard process). So I have to just wait :sleep:till I apply for i-485 and after 3 months I can apply for SSN. This is what I found after my research, If you have any other information please let me know. Thank you.:)

But while u wait could u take the PCAT sine they do not require SSN. And then what would u do inbetween. Are u working now or what.

Yes, I can take the PCAT and I've registered to take PCAT in August. Actually I'am in the process of finishing my AA from a Community College. I'am not working(H4 visa) but planning to shadow a pharmacist this Summer. I'am not sure whether I can volunteer at a Hospital because I don't have a SSN.

Yes, I can take the PCAT and I've registered to take PCAT in August. Actually I'am in the process of finishing my AA from a Community College. I'am not working(H4 visa) but planning to shadow a pharmacist this Summer. I'am not sure whether I can volunteer at a Hospital because I don't have a SSN.

Thanks for the information. I thought harcourt required u to selest schools to send the results to. I also want to do the PCAt but i'd most likely be taking mine in October since i'd be graduating in MAy and need time to take my Board exam. I'm not sure of the hospital volunteer and all. Goodluck

Hello
i have applied for pharm d program for 2011. Currently i am on f-1 visa (community college) and i have social security number, i am planning to graduate with associate of science in december 2010.
(most of the pre-pharm courses and pcat done)

i have applied to pharm d programs as f-1 (international student) visa but planning to convert it to h-4 visa after i get in the pharm d program some time in 2011.

I would appriciate if you guys can help me clarify some of the questions listed below:

1) do i have to have a work permit while i am in the pharm d program to do rotations or some kind of practical training which are part of pharmd curriculum.

2) now that i have ssn will i be able to register as intern pharmacist when i complete first year of pharmd on h4 visa.

3) pharmd rotations are volunteer work or do the pay pharmd students.

4) a pharmd student on h4 visa (with ssn) can satisfy all rotation / practical training requirements without any immigration hickups.

Hello
i have applied for pharm d program for 2011. Currently i am on f-1 visa (community college) and i have social security number, i am planning to graduate with associate of science in december 2010.
(most of the pre-pharm courses and pcat done)

i have applied to pharm d programs as f-1 (international student) visa but planning to convert it to h-4 visa after i get in the pharm d program some time in 2011.

I would appriciate if you guys can help me clarify some of the questions listed below:

1) do i have to have a work permit while i am in the pharm d program to do rotations or some kind of practical training which are part of pharmd curriculum.

2) now that i have ssn will i be able to register as intern pharmacist when i complete first year of pharmd on h4 visa.

3) pharmd rotations are volunteer work or do the pay pharmd students.

4) a pharmd student on h4 visa (with ssn) can satisfy all rotation / practical training requirements without any immigration hickups.

If you call any pharmacy school and ask questions 1,2 and 4, they'll be able to clarify that waay faster than we can. But with regard to question 3, you will not get paid for rotations. As a matter of fact, you will PAY your regular tuition to participate in those.