Hackensack (full tuition) vs. Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdtobe1896

Reaction score
So I was fully set on einstein until I got a call today offering me a full tuition scholarship to Hackensack seton hall (where I had already withdrawn). I really had no desire to go there, but a full tuition scholarship isn’t something to pass up. Hackensack worries me because it’s such a new school. As of now I don’t really want to do the 3 year program and match into the Hackensack meridian system, and theres no data on how the students will fare in the regular match. I’m not a huge fan of the location and distance from clinical sites, and the fact that they don’t have a summer break between years 1 and 2 (I feel like this is a time when students explore research or other academic options and just get a break from class. The curriculum at Hackensack seems like it could be easy to burn out).

By the way, I have already selected commit to enroll at einstein and withdrew from Hackensack so I’m not even sure if this is an option? I tried calling AMCAS about this today and the lady seemed confused and didn’t really know what to tell me in regards to the binding commit to enroll option. I know Hackensack can already see I’ve selected commit to enroll at another school so not sure why they’d offer this if I couldn’t change my mind.

Members don't see this ad.