Hampton DPT 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Future2PT2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a thread for c/o 2021! Has anyone heard back from HU?

Members don't see this ad.

Last update I received was in February,

"The review process for our fall 2018 class is still currently underway. Unfortunately we cannot provide a specific time frame for our final enrollment decisions.
We appreciate your patience with our efforts to ensure that every applicant receives full consideration.
If you do not receive a final decision within the next four weeks I will provide an email update of your status on March 16th, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in our program.
S. Christopher Owens, PT, ScD"

So I should be receiving a response over the next week.

Reactions: 1 users
I received that same email. Hopefully we'll get a response soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same email! Fingers crossed that this Friday is a good day for us

hello everybody, I just got accepted. Does anyone know how much the deposit is?

Ape22, first off congrats! secondly I think you can find that info out on PTCAS. I haven't heard anything yet so I imagine my rejection letter is on its way! :):):):(:(:(

Just got an email saying that a decision won't be made until April 13th (thats actually my birthday lol). I just wish they would send me my rejection already! haha

Also received an email extending the waiting period until April 13th. We're probably on the unofficial "waitlist".

@Ape22 Are you African American Descent?
Just curious because the student population at Hampton University is 90%+ African American. Praying that I be that 1 Asian Token for the class haha.

Anyways good luck everybody!

Reactions: 2 users
I got an email saying that they wont have their decisions ready until May 11th.

Not gonna lie...this is really frustrating. The whole DPT application process is pretty frustrating actually...but oh well. I'm not expecting an acceptance so I can't be to mad.

I was accepted yesterday and just sent an email withdrawing my acceptance so that should open up a spot for someone else. If anyone's curious, my email said that applicants had to accept the acceptance prior to April 17, so I am guessing they will send more acceptances after that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats charlotter! I presume you got in somewhere else?

Additionally, does anyone know if there have been any rejection letters? Does the email some of us are receiving (about them delaying their decisions until May) indicate that we are on a wait list?

I'm on 4 wait lists currently, being in limbo like this is stressful!

Reactions: 1 user

Additionally, does anyone know if there have been any rejection letters? Does the email some of us are receiving (about them delaying their decisions until May) indicate that we are on a wait list?

I received the same email about getting an update in May. I'm assuming we're on an unofficial waitlist, and once they fill the seats they'll probably send rejection letters

Thanks! Yeah - I got a few acceptances and have decided to attend GWU! Best of luck to you, hope you hear some good news soon!

Hey, did anyone hear from Hampton today? I did not.

"The review process for our fall 2018 class is still currently underway. Unfortunately we cannot provide a specific time frame for our final enrollment decisions.

We appreciate your patience with our efforts to ensure that every applicant receives full consideration.

If you do not receive a final decision within the next four weeks I will provide an email update of your status on June 8th, 2018.

open

5/12/18 - Saturday

If you do not receive a final decision within the next four weeks I will provide an email update of your status on June 8th, 2018.

open

5/12/18 - Saturday

Yah I got that too. This is getting slightly annoying. I’m just treating it like I’m not gonna get in there.

I finally received an acceptance yesterday! Super surprised! I am Asian for those curious. Does anyone know how much the tuition is? Is it 80k?

A group has been created on Facebook for those who will be attending in the Fall. "Hampton University DPT class of 2021"

I received my acceptance today! Not gonna lie, I thought I had no shot. But there ya go!

Got an acceptance email today. A little last minute, but I'm glad it finally came

I received my acceptance today! Not gonna lie, I thought I had no shot. But there ya go!
Congratulations, if you don’t mind sharing your stats! I’m currently a senior right now & I’m nervous about the applying process

Congratulations, if you don’t mind sharing your stats! I’m currently a senior right now & I’m nervous about the applying process

Here they are:

Academics:
Undergrad: Boise State - Kinesiology
GPA: a 3.30 ish (I think)
Pre-req GPA: it depended on the school but it was around a 3.45-3.50

Masters: Boise State - Kinesiology
GPA: 3.898 - I used some masters course work for my pre-reqs.

GRE:
Quantitative: 154
Verbal: 162
Writing: 4.5

Shadow hours: I had somewhere around 230 documented hours. The bulk of my hours were from the Boise V.A. Hospital and then the rest came from an outpatient clinic. I highly suggest getting more settings, this hurt me a bit during the cycle.

Additional stuff:
I worked as a research assistant for about 2 years on a Scapular range of motion study. This helped quite a bit and gave me several talking points during interviews.

I think that’s all the relevant stuff....

Here they are:

Academics:
Undergrad: Boise State - Kinesiology
GPA: a 3.30 ish (I think)
Pre-req GPA: it depended on the school but it was around a 3.45-3.50

Masters: Boise State - Kinesiology
GPA: 3.898 - I used some masters course work for my pre-reqs.

GRE:
Quantitative: 154
Verbal: 162
Writing: 4.5

Shadow hours: I had somewhere around 230 documented hours. The bulk of my hours were from the Boise V.A. Hospital and then the rest came from an outpatient clinic. I highly suggest getting more settings, this hurt me a bit during the cycle.

Additional stuff:
I worked as a research assistant for about 2 years on a Scapular range of motion study. This helped quite a bit and gave me several talking points during interviews.

I think that’s all the relevant stuff....
Thank you for sharing your stats, I am seeking observations hrs now & it seems like so hard to get them. I’m having to go through several loop holes just to talk to someone. Nothing is budging, of course I’m not going to give. What would be your advice on going about seeking observation hrs?

Thank you for sharing your stats, I am seeking observations hrs now & it seems like so hard to get them. I’m having to go through several loop holes just to talk to someone. Nothing is budging, of course I’m not going to give. What would be your advice on going about seeking observation hrs?

Honestly, I just went — in person — and asked. If they can’t help you ask if they know of anyone who might be able to. In general, I have always felt that the personal touch is far better than phone or email in virtually every aspect of life. Whenever I have needed help from someone, and have been able to do so, I always go in person. Always be kind, patient, and personable and you will usually get the help you need. The amount of connections I have made just from talking to people has turned out to be more beneficial than I could have ever imagined. It’s far easier to say no to someone over the phone than to a kind individual asking for help in-person.

I declined my seat at Hampton today. I got into my top choice and will be going there. I hope that one of the waitlisters on this forum gets it! And if not, keep the faith!