This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptwannabe94

Reaction score
Hi all, I just wanted to start a thread for anyone who applied to Hampton for this cycle! Feel free to post updates, stats, questions etc.

I applied and received an email saying they have my verified application and will reach out when they have made a decision. I’m hoping to hear something soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all, I just wanted to start a thread for anyone who applied to Hampton for this cycle! Feel free to post updates, stats, questions etc.

I applied and received an email saying they have my verified application and will reach out when they have made a decision. I’m hoping to hear something soon.

Hey, I’m also applying to Hampton this cycle! Although Ive only received a notification from PTCAS that my application was submitted, nothing directly from Hampton yet. When did you submit? I submitted on Jan 10th. Also, I was kind of unclear on their supplemental info so I printed and mailed in my signature page lol, not sure if that was necessary but no one at the school was able to give me an answer!

Hey, I’m also applying to Hampton this cycle! Although Ive only received a notification from PTCAS that my application was submitted, nothing directly from Hampton yet. When did you submit? I submitted on Jan 10th. Also, I was kind of unclear on their supplemental info so I printed and mailed in my signature page lol, not sure if that was necessary but no one at the school was able to give me an answer!
Hey!
I submitted in October, and I heard back that they received my verified app 12/11/19! I printed out, signed, scanned and emailed my info to them. Here’s what they emailed me:

We have received your Verified PTCAS application.

In addition to the PTCAS application The Hampton University Graduate College requires that the following be completed: HU Graduate College application, signature page, and $50 application fee. This information can be found on the Graduate College web page: Hampton University Graduate College :: New Student Checklist.

If you have already submitted the Graduate College application it has been received by the Graduate College and your application is complete. Do not respond to this email message.

The Graduate College receives all supplemental information. They can be contacted at 757-727-5454.

You are not required to submit an additional general essay (personal statement), transcripts, official GRE, or additional reference letters with your Graduate College application. This information will be taken from the PTCAS application.

The current status of your application is verified and received. You will be contacted by me when your application status changes.

Due to the volume of applications there is no time frame that I can provide on when a final decision on admission will be made.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay thanks! So I’ve got a bit of time then! It’s only been a week since I submitted. I printed and mailed the signature page, and paid the fee online when I did the supplemental application. I also mailed in a statement of purpose, the woman I spoke to said she couldn’t really help me and to just do what it said lol. What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

Okay thanks! So I’ve got a bit of time then! It’s only been a week since I submitted. I printed and mailed the signature page, and paid the fee online when I did the supplemental application. I also mailed in a statement of purpose, the woman I spoke to said she couldn’t really help me and to just do what it said lol. What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

When I was filling out their individual app online my power went out due to a nasty storm and it cut before I had finished it and it submitted everything so I had a little fiasco getting a hold of them and getting access to finish it because half of it wasn't done lol. Thankfully they were able to figure it out so I could because I was freaking out.

Sure!
Undergrad: University of Nevada Reno
Major: Kinesiology
GPA: 3.4 cum, and 3.35 prereq
GRE: 155V 153Q 4.5 AW
Hours: 3,500 outpatient ortho, home health, inpatient sub-acute, skilled nursing, industrial/occupational health, women's health
Certs: Personal training through NASM, BLS through American Heart Association
Extracurricular: Officer of my Sorority 3 years member for 4, Officer of PT club 1 year member for 4, volunteer at a dementia day camp, deans list, worked 1-2 jobs at any one time throughout college career.

Hbu if you dont mind me asking too?

Last edited:
When I was filling out their individual app online my power went out due to a nasty storm and it cut before I had finished it and it submitted everything so I had a little fiasco getting a hold of them and getting access to finish it because half of it wasn't done lol. Thankfully they were able to figure it out so I could because I was freaking out.

Sure!
Undergrad: University of Nevada Reno
Major: Kinesiology
GPA: 3.4 cum, and 3.35 prereq
GRE: 155V 153Q 4.5 AW
Hours: 3,500 outpatient ortho, home health, inpatient sub-acute, skilled nursing, industrial/occupational health, women's health
Certs: Personal training through NASAM, BLS through American Heart Association
Extracurricular: Officer of my Sorority 3 years member for 4, Officer of PT club 1 year member for 4, volunteer at a dementia day camp, deans list, worked 1-2 jobs at any one time throughout college career.

Hbu if you dont mind me asking too?

Sure! Mine is:

Undergrad: Shaw University
Major: Athletic Training
cGPA: 3.58
pGPA: 3.3ish (haven’t fully checked)

Masters: Cal State Fresno
Major: Kinesiology- Sport and performance psychology
GPA: 3.51
GRE: 151V 153Q 4.5W
Hours: 1000+ Outpatient (sports, gen ortho, cancer) 50+ acute (neuro, cardiac, gen med)
Certifications: ATC (although lapsed, not working as ATC currently), NASM CPT, BLS AHA
Extracurricular: SGA Senior class VP, college softball team captain 3 yrs, NCNW chapter VP 3 yrs, Sport Psych club treasurer 1 yr-member 2 yrs, presidents/deans list 4 yrs.

I think I got the important stuff lol, we seem to have pretty similar stats! Are you applying anywhere else?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Sure! Mine is:

Hours: 1000+ Outpatient (sports, gen ortho, cancer) 50+ acute (neuro, cardiac, gen med)
Certifications: ATC (although lapsed, not working as ATC currently), NASM CPT, BLS AHA
Extracurricular: SGA Senior class VP, college softball team captain 3 yrs, NCNW chapter VP 3 yrs, Sport Psych club treasurer 1 yr-member 2 yrs, presidents/deans list 4 yrs.

I think I got the important stuff lol, we seem to have pretty similar stats! Are you applying anywhere else?
Yeah! I applied to ODU as well. Hbu?

Yeah! I applied to ODU as well. Hbu?

I’ve applied to a couple, I’ve got interviews at Fresno state and St Aug, waiting to hear back from University of Florida (they don’t interview) and didn’t get into army-Baylor which isn’t a shock lol

I’ve applied to a couple, I’ve got interviews at Fresno state and St Aug, waiting to hear back from University of Florida (they don’t interview) and didn’t get into army-Baylor which isn’t a shock lol
oh nice! I applied to a couple others but didn’t get in so I’m waiting on ODU and HU now. Hopefully we hear back soon!

oh nice! I applied to a couple others but didn’t get in so I’m waiting on ODU and HU now. Hopefully we hear back soon!

Yes hopefully! I read some old threads and some people said last year they pushed back the decision dates so many times that some people didn’t hear until nearly June. So fingers crossed that doesn’t happen!

I applied back in October! Got the same verification email.
Stats:
University: Howard University
Major: Health Science
Overall GPA: 3.75
Pre-Req GPA: between 3.6-3.8 depending on school
GRE: 153 Q, 157 V, 5.0 W
Extra-Curric: Collegiate Track and Field, Mentorship Program, Health Professions Society
Volunteer: 150+ hours outpatient orthopedics as aide and volunteer. 52 hours at skilled nursing facility (retirement community), 16 in sub acute.

hey I also applied to Hampton this cycle do you guys know if they do interviews?

As far as I know they don’t do interviews, just send out decisions around April-May.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an acceptance email from Hampton! I doubt I’ll be accepting since I’ve been accepted to my top school as well. Have you guys heard back?

I just received an acceptance email from Hampton! I doubt I’ll be accepting since I’ve been accepted to my top school as well. Have you guys heard back?

Yeah I got rejected a couple weeks ago. Congrats on getting accepted to your #1 though!

Oh no what a bummer, thats surprising! Have you heard back from your other schools?

Unfortunately I wasn’t accepted to any of the programs I applied to so I’m retaking some prerequisites and looking for some community service and volunteer/shadowing opportunities too boost my application before reapplying this upcoming cycle.

Unfortunately I wasn’t accepted to any of the programs I applied to so I’m retaking some prerequisites and looking for some community service and volunteer/shadowing opportunities too boost my application before reapplying this upcoming cycle.

Oh I’m sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you with this upcoming cycle though!!

When did you apply? And what were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

When did you apply? And what were your stats if you don't mind me asking?
I submitted through PTCAS and the supplemental both on January 10th. And I have my more detailed stats earlier in the thread but to be brief they are:

Did anyone get an email from them today saying the follo

The review process for our fall 2020 class is still currently underway. Unfortunately we cannot provide a specific time frame for our final enrollment decisions.

We appreciate your patience with our efforts to ensure that every applicant receives full consideration.

If you do not receive a final decision within the next four weeks I will provide an email update of your status on March 20th, 2020.

Thank you for your interest in our program.”

S. Christopher Owens, PT, ScD

this is getting so frustrating

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone get an email from them today saying the follo

The review process for our fall 2020 class is still currently underway. Unfortunately we cannot provide a specific time frame for our final enrollment decisions.

We appreciate your patience with our efforts to ensure that every applicant receives full consideration.

If you do not receive a final decision within the next four weeks I will provide an email update of your status on March 20th, 2020.

Thank you for your interest in our program.”

S. Christopher Owens, PT, ScD

this is getting so frustrating

From what I’ve seen in older posts about Hampton, this essentially means you may be on an unofficial wait list. They’ve sent out the acceptances and denials already, so the people who haven’t heard anything are people that they’re keeping as alternatives for those accepted who decline their acceptance offer. So it’s frustrating but it’s a good sign bc it means you’re still on their list of possibilities!

Has anyone not heard back or received a verification email from the University directly? Is there someone I should be emailing to check the status of my application? I completed the supplemental application and signature page as well.

Has anyone not heard back or received a verification email from the University directly? Is there someone I should be emailing to check the status of my application? I completed the supplemental application and signature page as well.

Let me save you an email lol The easiest/quickest way to reach them would be to call the school. You should be fine as long as you submitted to PTCAS, mailed the signature page, and supplemental application before the deadline. I submitted my PTCAS app the day before the deadline and it didn't verify until the 16th. I emailed Owens because I paid the app fee online, but mailed the supplemental stuff and wanted to make sure they got everything. This is what I got back.

"Questions regarding submission of the supplemental Graduate College application, fee payment, and signature page should be directed to the Graduate College. They can be reached at 757-727-5454. They will be able to provide you with information on how and when you can submit your Graduate College application.

Thank you for your interest in our program"

I called and a young lady told me to give them time to send out the verification emails to everyone. They sent me a verification email Jan 23rd. Hope this helps and good luck!

Yeah I got rejected a couple weeks ago. Congrats on getting accepted to your #1 though!
If you don't mind me asking, why do you think you were rejected? I noticed that you had very similar stats to someone else in this thread, and that person got accepted. I'm trying to get an idea of what the school is going off of in terms of accepting and denying people.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you think you were rejected? I noticed that you had very similar stats to someone else in this thread, and that person got accepted. I'm trying to get an idea of what the school is going off of in terms of accepting and denying people.
Your guess is as good as mine. I honestly don’t know other than perhaps maybe my essay in PTCAS wasn’t as strong. But I’m retaking some prerequisites and revamping my essay for this next cycle and hope that helps me get into a program.

Update: just received an acceptance email from Hampton!