Happy New Year!/New Years Resolutions

Started by xnfs93hy
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xnfs93hy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First and foremost, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Secondly, what are your news years resolutions?

Mine are:

Score a 1700 on the SAT, take the ACT early senior year.
Finish up junior year with a strong GPA, and get as close to a 4.0 first semester of senior year, and apply to college.

Get into the universities I want:
Penn State-Upark
Maryland-Upark
Ohio State-Columbus
Rutgers:NB
University of Kentucky
amongst others...

Do more volunteer work and get a job. This way I have work experience, volunteer work, a good class rank, a high GPA, and a high SAT/ACT score.

Possibly shadow some doctor's as well...

My goal? Get into University of Kentucky pre med program.

It is a lot of work but as long as I can get into these schools, I will be happy and will finally get to start the journey to becoming an M.D.
---
Post your goals/dreams/aspirations for this new year of 2009!
 
You know there's a thread for this in "Better than Facebook", right?

Ah, well. Reposting:

Wishes for 2009:

:: A summer job that doesn't involve french-fries
:: Sanity throughout my first semester in college
:: Money to buy me food during my first semester at college
:: A rich boyfriend who will buy food for me
 
Achievable
*Get 1 million dollars from lottery
*Date with Alizee, a french pop singer.
*Go to Local's house and make him sushi
*Score 45 on MCAT
*Be more famous than Miley Cyrus
*Be the tennis world champion


Maybe
*Talk to an alien and be friend with him
*Go to Japan and learn some ninja skill

ok now I got bored
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those are some very nice resolutions.

I'm planning on being more awesome then I already am. Which is going to be difficult. But in the words of Tennis (and possibly some other famous dude I can't remember) "Yes We Can."
 
CScull, if I could have but a few ounces of your awesomeness, my life would reach absolute, utter perfection. I know it. Know why?

'Cause I'm only a few ounces off anyway.
 
CScull, if I could have but a few ounces of your awesomeness, my life would reach absolute, utter perfection. I know it. Know why?

'Cause I'm only a few ounces off anyway.

Hmmm, but that just means I'll be less awesome than perfect. How about we split the difference and, while we won't be perfect, we'll still be waay awesomer than everyone else.
 
Good save--that was a fairly awful joke.

We'll split the awesomeness, right down the middle, then. Good plan. Very diplomatic-should medicine fail, you should go into politics!
 
Good save--that was a fairly awful joke.

We'll split the awesomeness, right down the middle, then. Good plan. Very diplomatic-should medicine fail, you should go into politics!

It's okay, at 1 in the morning anything's funny.

I know it comes from parenting my sister and my mother. It takes a lot of skill though because I have to make sure they both think they're still in charge.

Practice makes perfect right?
 
Those are some very nice resolutions.

I'm planning on being more awesome then I already am. Which is going to be difficult. But in the words of Tennis (and possibly some other famous dude I can't remember) "Yes We Can."

We know the battle ahead will be long, but always remember that no
matter what obstacles stand in my way, nothing can withstand the
power of millions of voices calling for change.

We have been told we cannot do this by a chorus of cynics who will
only grow louder and more dissonant in the weeks to come. We've been
asked to pause for a reality check. We've been warned against
offering the people of this nation false hope.

But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been
anything false about hope. For when we have faced down impossible
odds; when we've been told that we're not ready, or that we shouldn't
try, or that we can't, generations of Americans have responded with a
simple creed that sums up the spirit of a people.

Yes we can

Getting 1 million dollars from lottery

Yes we can

Dating with Alizee, a french pop singer

Yes we can

Go to Local's house and make him sushi

Yes we can

Score 45 on MCAT

Yes we can

Be more famous than Miley Cyrus

Yes we can

CScull will be the most beautiful woman on the planet

Nothing is impossible. So don't give up everyone ! ! !
If you dream about it, you can do it !
 
Also, for anyone interested, my Medical Blooper of the Day calender as this story for Jan 1st:

A doctor was listening to an elderly woman's lungs with his stethoscope. As he placed it on her back, he reminded her, "Big breaths, Kelly."

The patient looked down at her chest and said mournfully, "Well, they used to be."


I love this calendar already.
 
AHAHAHAHAHA.

We should start a whole new thread just for your calender Tib.
 
Great idea! I probably won't remember to update it all the time, but still..

One of my favorite threads (the one that originally led me to SDN, actually), is the "Things I Learn From My Patients" over in Emergency Medicine. This calendar reminds of that...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like the one that's linked from the Parent's forum about what Parent's say to their kids during med school interviews and stuff... silly parents...
 
Ooo... That exists? How cool.

I still giggle madly at the thread about the guy who farted during his med school interview.
 
Oh--I went to the link, and I've already read it. But it was really funny the first time around! God, parents are hysterical sometimes...
 
Excuse me?!

Who say's I'm not ALREADY the most beautiful woman on the planet?!

Hmmm Tennis?

Ya, I think so, just wondering, who is saying that ?

Ms. Broken Tibula, do you think CScull is the most beautiful woman ?
 
I know. My mom is bipolar I swear... one minute she's hauld up in her room crying and the next she's annoying me to death trying to dance to "Womanizer".
 
Someone suggested that he should have blamed it on the other person. Y'know:

Student: *fart*

Director: *stare*

Student: It was you.

This still makes me laugh.

AHAHAHAHA.

Omigosh, I just did this really awkward high pitched giggle..😳. hahaha.
 
Also, parents? Should be institutionalized during any and all application processes. I swear, my mother was more emotional throughout this whole process than I was.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, parents? Should be institutionalized during any and all application processes. I swear, my mother was more emotional throughout this whole process than I was.

I just get really excited. I swear when my sister started getting college aplication letters I was happier than she was...

although there may have been other factors involved with that too...
 
Well...

darnit Tib!!! That's one of the only things I'm good at!

(tehehe, insert dirty joke here)

(impersonating Local):

Yeah, and we all know what those other things are, CScull--prostituting your name on the internet is only the tip of the iceberg, isn't it?
 
(impersonating Local):

Yeah, and we all know what those other things are, CScull--prostituting your name on the internet is only the tip of the ice berg, isn't it?

Idk, it's a bit too intelligent for Local... would he really use such a good metaphor?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good night guys. It was my pleasure to chat with the most beautiful and gorgeous ones. 🙂

I went to out and bought flower for you guys. Here is the picture of it

Good night !

images

images
 
No, no, no--maybe I have two uteri and I have Mr. & Mrs. Steril's spawn in one and Local's sprog in the other?

It could happen. I saw it on Grey's Anatomy. 😀