Happy New Year!/New Years Resolutions

Haha, thanks Tennis, you're the best. Night! Happy New Years!

Members don't see this ad.

Aw... Tennis, you may be utterly clueless, but you're still incredibly sweet. Good night!

No, no, no--maybe I have two uteri and I have Mr. & Mrs. Steril's spawn in one and Local's sprog in the other?

It could happen. I saw it on Grey's Anatomy. :D

Well if it's on Grey's Anatomy it's gotta be true.

That would create a very interesting situation once you went into Labor... one I'm definately not going to think about in too much detail...

Members don't see this ad :)
Indeed. Let's change the subject--I'm hurting just thinking about this.

Eugh. Enough.

So if you weren't going into medicine, what would you do?

Well first I would win the lotery... but after that...

Idk, when I was in 8th grade I had a plan to be an Air Force pilot and then when I was 35 I'd retire and run for the Senate.

Probably that. :laugh:

You?

This is where I'm stuck at, actually. I have other interests, but none that could really be translated into a career--except writing, but the market's too tough and I'd be bored to tears anyway. I love biology, but research is kind of dull and I haven't the patience to teach.

So I don't know. My parents are always on my back about it, though. "And what if you don't get into these medical schools, huh? What then? You gonna work in some lab the rest of your life and die of chemical poisoning?"

This is where I'm stuck at, actually. I have other interests, but none that could really be translated into a career--except writing, but the market's too tough and I'd be bored to tears anyway. I love biology, but research is kind of dull and I haven't the patience to teach.

So I don't know. My parents are always on my back about it, though. "And what if you don't get into these medical schools, huh? What then? You gonna work in some lab the rest of your life and die of chemical poisoning?"

Yea I was just thinking about that too... I want to major in Biology. I guess I could always go back and do a few more classes if I don't get in and end up playing with the dolphins for the rest of my life...

Lol.

You know, I've wanted to be a doctor since I was four. It's an utterly foreign concept for me to consider doing anything else in my life--even though it's a very realistic prospect. I don't know. Maybe I should invest in some pole-dancing classes just in case, eh?

Lol.

You know, I've wanted to be a doctor since I was four. It's an utterly foreign concept for me to consider doing anything else in my life--even though it's a very realistic prospect. I don't know. Maybe I should invest in some pole-dancing classes just in case, eh?

Hahaha, there is always that. I'm a rather awkward dancer though... so maybe that career path isn't in my future.

I think from when I was little I went from The President, to a NASCAR driver, to a Pilot and Senator, to a Pharmacist, and then to a Doctor.

The last two are the only that are somewhat realistic.

I could see myself in business but I would have to own my own because I don't like people telling me what to do with money... and then I could maybe to phsycology or something... Social Work?

I dunno. Doctor's my favorite by far.

Ah--you have variety. Good for you!

Social work is a bad field to go into, though. It's terrible. Pay is awful, the things you see are awful, and there's always more children that need help than funds and time can possibly allow. I'd avoid it, despite all the good that it does, just because it can do so much damage to yourself.

[/sermon]

I am sort of good with computers. Something with that wouldn't be bad.

Social work is a bad field to go into, though. It's terrible. Pay is awful, the things you see are awful, and there's always more children that need help than funds and time can possibly allow. I'd avoid it, despite all the good that it does, just because it can do so much damage to yourself.

[/sermon]

Oh yes, I would make a quite convincing NASCAR driver, wouldn't I?

If I did Social Work it would most likely be at a Rehab clinic... more medical anyway haha.

Yea I saw you and Local's hacker talks last night... I'm not very good with computers... they tend to make me mad and then I just unplug them. I've actually short cicuited a lab top once... now the hard drive is dead...

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, no! Short-circuiting laptops is not good.

However, I'll have you know, I've broken my computer a thousand times. Granted, it's usually on purpose just to see if I can fix it, but I have done it accidentally, too. My friend is similar to you--when I first met her, I started talking about computers, and she informed me that she was still in the "what the h** is wrong with this thing and why won't throwing it out the window make it work?!" stage of computer knowledge.

I think that you would, at least, make a very sexy NASCAR driver. You know how women and cars go together.

Hahaha, yea me and computer's don't get along to well sometimes. I got a virus once when I tried to download House Bunny off of the internet... lets just say Mr. Computer and I were not on speaking terms for a looong time after that.

I would wouldn't I? The Poor boys will be so heartbroken now that I've gone another way with my career.

Local would wet himself with happiness. Hot woman-on-car action and his mortal enemy out of the playing field for medicine.

*yawn* I'm getting sleepy over here...

Hahaha, true that.

Yeah, meee too. I have to wake up at 10 tomorrow for breakfast too... I think it's time to hit the sack.

Yeah, early rising for me too.

G'night, I suppose.

Night! talk to you later.

[/sermon]

CScull is definitely going to jump on me for this but I'll give it a go...

Anything computer related:

Computer Engineering
Computer Science
Programming

Is going to be high paying. And these kinds of careers do not require much more than a bachelors. If you want you can get a Master or if you want to teach it at a uni get a P.hD. My cousin is doing Mech. Engineering and we went into this discussion over xmas break about what other careers I should look into.

He seriously suggested I go in for engineering or pursue a related degree and possibly think about graduate school in the coming years.

I really am not sure about a career in medicine. I know I am very smart and will be well taken care of financially but I just don't know if I will be able to make it through medical school, if I could even get in.

I'm going off on a tangent now...

But yeah, I just wanted to let you know that you should have "backup" careers. I mean, if medical school just doesn't work out for you, go into something related, and who cares what your parents say about you career prospects?! It's your life! Good :luck:

If I couldn't, for whatever reason, get into medical school, I'd likely follow jefgreen's advice and do something in computers. Computer sciences are becoming increasingly lucrative from what I've heard, and I've always been slightly interested in that kind of stuff.

As for a New Year's resolution, I've resolved to simply spend less. I'm going to start putting money away for med school applications now, and I really shouldn't be eating out nearly as much as I do now. I will get some help when I'm away at college though, as I won't have to pay for gym memberships ever month, and I'll be on some sort of meal plan.

CScull is definitely going to jump on me for this but I'll give it a go...

Anything computer related:

Computer Engineering
Computer Science
Programming

Is going to be high paying. And these kinds of careers do not require much more than a bachelors. If you want you can get a Master or if you want to teach it at a uni get a P.hD. My cousin is doing Mech. Engineering and we went into this discussion over xmas break about what other careers I should look into.

He seriously suggested I go in for engineering or pursue a related degree and possibly think about graduate school in the coming years.

I really am not sure about a career in medicine. I know I am very smart and will be well taken care of financially but I just don't know if I will be able to make it through medical school, if I could even get in.

I'm going off on a tangent now...

But yeah, I just wanted to let you know that you should have "backup" careers. I mean, if medical school just doesn't work out for you, go into something related, and who cares what your parents say about you career prospects?! It's your life! Good :luck:

Haha, don't worry I'm not getting down your throat just yet... "backups" what are these "backups" you speak of? We are the few born doctors. We need no backups!

Haha, just kidding by the way. If I'm not a Doctor then I'm going into NASCAR.

Computers are my best back-up, I know. Plus, being female, people are practically jumping out of their office windows for me. :soexcited:

Haha, yea I'm sure they'll all be begging to get you your coffee. Hmm, if I only knew how these darn things work...

Well, actually, I think that they'll just be jumping out of their windows to hire me so that they can fulfill their Affirmative Action Distribution requirements. But I have no doubt that my extreme beauty will have the guys bringing me coffee in droves. :)

They'll also be after you for your amazing computer savvy; your bosses will be so worried about loosing you they'll be constantly at your knees.