HARD! AAMC Sample Test CARS #5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mynameisno

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how they would approach this problem? I still have trouble seeing the logic behind it and how to actually arrive at the answer
upload_2018-8-20_16-10-26.png

Members don't see this ad.

So first make sure you know what the author’s conclusion is. It’s in the last paragraph: that the government should let people and their doctors make individualized meal plans for themselves.

So, C and D are out because they both support the government intervening.

A may or may not be true, but it doesn’t really answer the question. It doesn’t support the author’s conclusion—it’s just a statement about one aspect of the government’s actions.

B is really the only option that supports the author. He’s saying the government should butt out. Option B is saying that obesity rates were lower before the government got involved. That supports the government butting out because their involvement made things worse.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much for your help! I need to consider whether the answer actually is the best to answer the question, not just that its information is relevant to the passage.

Reactions: 1 user