Hardest First Smester Classes at ASDOH?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

openwidepls

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be a first year student this summer and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the hardest classes were. I'd really like to get an early start so any info would be greatly appreciated. Also, if at all possible would anyone be able to let me know where to get the material or possibly even the class notes, the CD, or a copy of the CD for this material? Thank you very much for any help.

An anxious student.

Members don't see this ad.

You know, it's really tough to say. The GOOD thing is that even the most difficult class the first semester only lasts for one week (because all 1st semester classes are one week long for the most part).

For me it was Cardio/Pulmonary, which they've now split into two courses each a week long, rather than one course for one week.

It wasn't that the material was hard, but that the professors were insane and made the material difficult.

Sorry I'm not of more help!

Gavin,
Would you be able to suggest any texts that would be helpful in getting an early start? I really don't want to walk into this unprepared. Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad :)
openwidepls said:
Gavin,
Would you be able to suggest any texts that would be helpful in getting an early start? I really don't want to walk into this unprepared. Thanks again.

There really aren't any texts to suggest. Our electronic bookshelf is full of them, but in the first semester there simply isn't time to utilize them. The positive spin on that is that there isn't a need to utilize them.

Think of it this way: a professor lectures for 35-40 hours to you, and you have all of his powerpoint presentations available. The odds that he's going to test you on something that isn't covered in his presentations (ie, something solely out of the book) is slim-to-none.

ALL the info you need to get an A will be in those presentations. In fact, much of the presentation may contain superflous information. The single biggest trick to doing well is learning how to pick out key facts and highly testable material from all of the trivial and nonsense garbage (this applies to every dental school).

We spent over two months learning the cardiovascular system with this whackjob at our school (he will remained unnamed for my graduating purposes). As Gavin already mentioned, two weeks is plenty to learn what a dentist should for CV physiology. Now imagine a nutjob spending two entire months spitting out regurgitating information in an ad nauseum manner.