Hartcourt Practice Pcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeterminedGal09

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, how is everyone score on the online practice test?
Do you guys think its a reflection of the real pcat?
Do you think it was easy or hard?

Members don't see this ad.

These are good questions now that the official test has now changed. Past answers don't apply as much.

Among the changes, the key ones are listed in Pearson's brochure:

Developed by the publisher of the PCAT exam, The Official PCAT Practice Test is a full-length practice test consisting of 240 multiple-choice items in five subtests, with explanations for each correct answer. The practice tests contain the same number of items that are on the actual PCAT.

• Over 80% of the items have appeared on actual test forms, and all have been written specifically for the PCAT.

• About 40% of the items appeared on previous versions of the Practice Tests (available from 2004 through 2007).

• Comparative analyses have shown that individuals who took a Practice Test before taking the actual PCAT earned significantly higher PCAT scores than those who did not take the Practice Test first.

So, the big changes are:
1. The test is now full-length instead of a partial one in years past
2. More of the questions asked in this newer version are past questions (but probably not future questions for obvious reasons)
3. The estimate you get at the end are measured in quintiles instead of quartiles. This is key because it allows one to know if they have an estimated score in the 60-80 range and the 80-99 range. The latter range better suggests possible competitive scores on the real thing, the former range can suggest possible areas of need as well as the need to do a little better. Getting less than 60 means that you need to study more.

Yeah, I realize that I sort of went off on a tangent. It just seems like this thread would be a good place to discuss the new practice test now that people are gearing up for the four PCAT dates this admissions cycle.:)

These are good questions now that the official test has now changed. Past answers don't apply as much.

Among the changes, the key ones are listed in Pearson's brochure:

Developed by the publisher of the PCAT exam, The Official PCAT Practice Test is a full-length practice test consisting of 240 multiple-choice items in five subtests, with explanations for each correct answer. The practice tests contain the same number of items that are on the actual PCAT.

• Over 80% of the items have appeared on actual test forms, and all have been written specifically for the PCAT.

• About 40% of the items appeared on previous versions of the Practice Tests (available from 2004 through 2007).

• Comparative analyses have shown that individuals who took a Practice Test before taking the actual PCAT earned significantly higher PCAT scores than those who did not take the Practice Test first.

So, the big changes are:
1. The test is now full-length instead of a partial one in years past
2. More of the questions asked in this newer version are past questions (but probably not future questions for obvious reasons)
3. The estimate you get at the end are measured in quintiles instead of quartiles. This is key because it allows one to know if they have an estimated score in the 60-80 range and the 80-99 range. The latter range better suggests possible competitive scores on the real thing, the former range can suggest possible areas of need as well as the need to do a little better. Getting less than 60 means that you need to study more.

Yeah, I realize that I sort of went off on a tangent. It just seems like this thread would be a good place to discuss the new practice test now that people are gearing up for the four PCAT dates this admissions cycle.:)

Is this saying that 80% of the question on there have actually been on past PCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this saying that 80% of the question on there have actually been on past PCAT?

That's how I interpreted that statement.

You can't get a practice test that is closer to the real PCAT than from the company that actually writes the real exam.;)

The one thing that sucks if it's anything like past practice exams is that you can't review your questions once you close up after seeing your results. I suppose that's done for security reasons.

well I'm gonna just say something, f11 each page if you know what I mean.

You can see the results/questions until the end of the pcat test cycle: which is jan 09

It's too much of a pain to screenshot each page. Sometimes the page breaks (like for the reading section for the passages) and well... meh just annoying.

well if you get to view it after the thing until next test date then I wouldn't be taking screen shot.