harvard transportation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bugz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those who drove to harvard, where did you park your car? and how much?

for those who took mass transit, what did you use? and how much?

advice please.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't drive if you can help it. There are parking garages around there but they cost more than 20 bucks to park for the whole day.

you can take the green line on the t. take E branch of it (toward heath strreet) and get off at longwood medical area. it costs either 85cents or $1.00 each way.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can park for the day at this parking lot on Boyleston street right acroos the street from this movie theatre. I parked there and it cost 7 bucks for the day, then you just walk a few blocks to the interview. As long as it's not raining, it's a good option.

I've found that the best place to park near the Longwood Medical Area is in Brookline on one of the side streets off Longwood Av. Brookline PD doesn't ticket unless you leave your car on the street overnight, and it's only a 10-15 minute walk to HMS, straight down Longwood. Let me know if you need more detailed directions.

Good luck w/ your interview.

McT

I wish I had known about the parking situation before my arrival. I parked in the parking garage across from children's and blew $30. I didn't eat the whole trip. :( So what ever you do don't do the parking garages. I think you can park over by Mass General for $7.00 a day. There's a free shuttle that will take you over to the campus. Good luck.

you can take US Shuttle there. They generally pick you up with 15 mins when you arrive once you call them.

When I lived in waltham I always took them. Their affordable too. $15-20 if I remember correctly, and it might change depending on how close you area to the airport.

I wouldn't recommend driving to havard at all. its a mess.

Don't drive. You don't need any extra stress on your interview day. Take the T (subway). The closest stop is Brigham on the Green E line. The subway map is at www.mbta.com.

Good luck.