Has anyone been able to schedule a USMLE recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

voitokas

non-traditional member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone sent in their photo form and gotten a number to schedule a USMLE test date recently? My school sends the form themselves after they stamp the picture, but it's been almost a month and I haven't heard anything from NBME yet. Does anyone know what the turnaround is?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just scheduled my USMLE Step I.

I got the letter back from my school's office on either the 1st or 2nd of December, put it in the mail myself on the 2nd, and got my scheduling permit by email on December 11th.

If I understood the process correctly, after they get the form, they put you on some kind of list that your school then has to electronically approve so you can get your permit. So there are a couple of ways it could've gone wrong, either with NBME or with your school. I think you can check online how far along in the process you are, if you've set up an account... which you have to do to get the scheduling permit, if I'm not mistaken.

It was pretty quick for them to issue the permit. Maybe like 2 weeks.

Thanks! I just got it today, actually. I think that the holdup was in transportation from my branch campus to the administration, which is on the main campus. Now I just need to study...