Has anyone been accepted recently having p/f on their transcript for a class due to Covid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshualander

Reaction score
Question says it all. I’m curious if there are prepods who have been accepted recently with any p/f classes because of Covid and if this was brought up in interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard P/F is fine. Heck, there are pre-pods who have literally been accepted without taking the mcat.
I was accepted to my top choice pod program, and they never even looked at my mcat (which is very strong).

podiatry is very, very noncompetitive, and I mean that despite my high respect for the field.

If you have a very low science gpa of 2.55, you want to get it up as much as you can. Otherwise, could be limited to less schools, like Kent?

Reactions: 1 user
I've heard P/F is fine. Heck, there are pre-pods who have literally been accepted without taking the mcat.
I was accepted to my top choice pod program, and they never even looked at my mcat (which is very strong).

podiatry is very, very noncompetitive, and I mean that despite my high respect for the field.

If you have a very low science gpa of 2.55, you want to get it up as much as you can. Otherwise, could be limited to less schools, like Kent?
That’s good to hear! My gpa definitely needs to come up but I’ve maintained a good gpa of 3.4 or so this semester thus far. I asked about pass/fail mainly because my orgo professor is god awful. I honestly should have checked her ratings online before taking the class. I’ve gotten decent grades in all chem classes (b+) thus far and her class is by far the hardest class I’ve ever taken. I thought taking advantage of the pass/fail right now would benefit me greatly. It would bring this semester from 3.4 to 3.7.

Members don't see this ad :)
Podiatry isn’t exactly stealing applicants from Johns Hopkins. A 3.0 cgpa and 490 Mcat will get you into 50% of the schools if you apply to 8.

<3.0 you have like a 10%, chance but you have a 0% chance if you don’t apply.

Reactions: 1 users
Podiatry isn’t exactly stealing applicants from Johns Hopkins. A 3.0 cgpa and 490 Mcat will get you into 50% of the schools if you apply to 8.

<3.0 you have like a 10%, chance but you have a 0% chance if you don’t apply.
If I calculated my gpa correctly using the pod school standards I’ll have a 2.87 sGPA and 3.1 cGPA by the end of this semester. We’ll see what happens when I apply in august🤞

If I calculated my gpa correctly using the pod school standards I’ll have a 2.87 sGPA and 3.1 cGPA by the end of this semester. We’ll see what happens when I apply in august🤞
Still, do decent on Mcat.

Reactions: 1 user