Has anyone ever been caught cheating on the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How and what happened?

Members don't see this ad.

We had identical twins at my college who pulled a stunt similar to what Professor Snape mentioned during all of the finals. Long story, but twins have it pretty good.

IMO the best way to cheat on the MCAT is to just get a job at the printing press company which prints out the actual tests. Print out an undocumented print of each exam and off you go 40+.

I sat in the front row this past weekend and the proctor was very chatty. She told us that in order to proctor the MCAT, you have to sign a bunch of statements saying that you will "have no contact with any medically related groups or work in any medically related field for the next 6 years". She also said that when the shipment of tests arrive, there needs to be 2 people to sign for them, 2 people to open the boxes and so forth.

Oh, and I was allowed to wear my hat "rim forwards" during the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
They actually send your admission ID for the MCAT to your medical school when you enroll (that's why they ask for these -- they actually keep them). If there is ever a question of cheating on your exam, they will compare your fingerprints and photo to you. So you might be able to get away with hiring someone else to take the exam for a year or two, but eventually, you will get caught and get kicked out of medical school.

dnelsen said:
Like I said in an earlier thread, you should just have someone that looks a lot like you take the exam for you (make sure they are smart!)

I bet that is the most common way that people actually cheat...especially minority students. Most proctors are white and can't tell one URM from another anyway.

Not funny

i know this
thats why i sent in a decent photo
this one girl in my center had a print job on copy paper of a rather slutty picture of her in a "clubby" type outfit
i was kindof appaled as i stood there pissing with my plain jane photograph and a fist of #2s

willthatsall said:
Wow, that really is it. I wonder if they give different forms in different time zones? They definitely should if they don't already. Well not if they are only one hour apart, but definitely east and west coasts. Even if you don't have a camera, you chould have a friend just call you on the cell phone after PS and tell you what to look out for and study up on. Now, you would still have to get a form with the same problems, but still. But if you had access to all the spy equipment, I still like mine better. James bond could definitely pull it off.

TOTALLY...i think its asking for someone to successfully cheat. I took the MCAT in august (form EM) in TX....I know someone in vermont that had THE EXACT SAME FORM (he said many people there did) theoretically, he could have walked out of his room and given me an hour's worth of PS....why hasn't the AAMC figured that out yet?

I bet a few Sunday takers were lurking on this forums on Saturday evening. I am not implying they are intentionally cheating, but how can they resist?

This just occurred to me, when does the Hawaii students take the test?

plain and simply, don't cheat the effort and money u spend cheating should go on review courses and months in advance studying with all the mcat materials.

Alright, I think I have the perfect strategy for cheating on the MCAT.

The key is is to take the test as normal, and THEN cheat. How? Quite simple. If you read the rules about rescoring exams, you will read how you can be present while your scantrons are hand scored. This simply would be some guy standing there rescoring it for you. You simply hand him a big filled with a few billion dollars or so, in cash. Or better yet, find out who hand scores the exams and pull a Tony Soprano. Send people to their homes and pay them off. I doubt some guy who works for AAMC would mind giving you a 35 on your MCAT in exchange for a few million dollars (you could actually probably get away with a lot less money as well).

Strategy #2. Take the MCAT at a center that is secluded and will only have a few people taking the exam. Steal a few large doses of a sedative, like Haldol, from your local ER. Go to your local zoo and get a sedative gun that they use with animals. Fill it with Haldol and in the middle of the PS section, fire it at everyone in the room (proctors first). Next, administer enough Haldol to everyone in the room to knock them out for at least 12 hours. Then, you have about 11 hours to do your MCAT, using any references you wish. Next, take everyone else's scantron in the room and fill in random answers for all three of the sections. Now, here is the tricky part. You now have to collate the exams and mail them to AAMC officially, as the proctors would do (this is where the retired AAMC official that you've paid off comes in). Next, take everyone in the room, put them in a truck, and ship them to some secluded prison where they will have to live for the next 2 months (until the MCAT scores are released). This is the only way to guarantee that your scores will not be immidiately voided. You may laugh, but this is truly a way to cheat on the MCAT.

here is a really easy cheat. about 3 months before the exam a physics, chem, orgo, and bio text. then read cover to cover and do every problem...this will pretty much guarantee you a 40.

if i want to take it again in april thats what i'll do.

Dr Trek 1 said:
Alright, I think I have the perfect strategy for cheating on the MCAT.

The key is is to take the test as normal, and THEN cheat. How? Quite simple. If you read the rules about rescoring exams, you will read how you can be present while your scantrons are hand scored. This simply would be some guy standing there rescoring it for you. You simply hand him a big filled with a few billion dollars or so, in cash. Or better yet, find out who hand scores the exams and pull a Tony Soprano. Send people to their homes and pay them off. I doubt some guy who works for AAMC would mind giving you a 35 on your MCAT in exchange for a few million dollars (you could actually probably get away with a lot less money as well).

Strategy #2. Take the MCAT at a center that is secluded and will only have a few people taking the exam. Steal a few large doses of a sedative, like Haldol, from your local ER. Go to your local zoo and get a sedative gun that they use with animals. Fill it with Haldol and in the middle of the PS section, fire it at everyone in the room (proctors first). Next, administer enough Haldol to everyone in the room to knock them out for at least 12 hours. Then, you have about 11 hours to do your MCAT, using any references you wish. Next, take everyone else's scantron in the room and fill in random answers for all three of the sections. Now, here is the tricky part. You now have to collate the exams and mail them to AAMC officially, as the proctors would do (this is where the retired AAMC official that you've paid off comes in). Next, take everyone in the room, put them in a truck, and ship them to some secluded prison where they will have to live for the next 2 months (until the MCAT scores are released). This is the only way to guarantee that your scores will not be immidiately voided. You may laugh, but this is truly a way to cheat on the MCAT.

hahaha interesting...but the heck u trying to go to medical school for if u have a million dollars.....(oh yeah to help people)...haha....

Blazeini said:
hahaha interesting...but the heck u trying to go to medical school for if u have a million dollars.....(oh yeah to help people)...haha....

Although it is possible for physicians to make money, if I wanted to make lots of money, I'd go into stock investing, not medicine. And I would probably publish a few books. But hopefully I'll do that anyway.

Dr Trek - you don't think that the AAMC would be suspicious of the ONE exam that went up in score after a rescore? None ever have, so they'd probably double or triple-check the Scantron.

Blazeini said:
i favor the second method
the 1st is too silly