Has anyone ever rescored a PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Me+PharmD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to see if anyone has ever had luck with requesting a rescore and actually received a better score because of a scantron grading error. I have a really bogus reading comprehension score and I have no idea how it could be that low and it's thrown off my composite completely. Any personal experiences would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I just wanted to see if anyone has ever had luck with requesting a rescore and actually received a better score because of a scantron grading error. I have a really bogus reading comprehension score and I have no idea how it could be that low and it's thrown off my composite completely. Any personal experiences would be appreciated.
If your score on the other sections is reasonable to you, then it was probably a mistake on your behalf that led to that loa score, such as filling in the wrong bubbles, like if you missed one question or so, but did not skip it on a scantron (However this is unlikely bcs they only give you the exact number of bubbles, so unless you did not finish the section, you should know that something went wrong once you find that there are no more bubbles for your last question or so).
However, i do not think it will harm you by anymeans to ask for a rescore, because it is very unlikely that you will score lower, unless you are sure you messed up on a section or so, other than that, you will get the same scores on the other sections, and you will get your real Reading comprehension score,since it will be hand checked...........I'd go for it if it might make a difference,,,it will only cost 35$ i think (not sure)